Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Although you can open the car with the key part of the fob, you will still need the fob to start the car, theres no way to use the key on its own to start it. The idea is meant to be if the battery dies on the fob you can use the key to get into the car and then stick the fob in the "fobgina" and that can power the fob wirelessly to get codes to get the car started.
  2. Sounds very sensible
  3. Right off out to wash the car - make sure you shew away the rain Martin
  4. Officially, but wonder if some of the older cars (MY03-05) are now getting a bit thirstier? Mine never seemed to but would be interesting to see if anyone elses does.
  5. Mine used none from 26k miles (when I got it) to about 72k miles when it needed 0.5l between changes for the next two services (81k and 90k when I px'd it). I'm pretty happy it wasnt using very much oil at all tbh!
  6. Be worried if its for a 370z already Think this should be in the 350z section
  7. WV2 is gunmetal
  8. Whilst this is probably somewhat true - why do we really care? At the end of the day Nissan needed to make a car that had certain handling and performance characteristics - which it did and we all bought them. If it wasnt good enough we wouldnt have bought them so they've done their job. They could have spent more on R&D and materials to bring this down, but then the car would have cost more and probably either cost too much for us or just sent us to Porsche who wouldnt then cost much more. I fail to see why this is still a hot topic. Do you not think if there was something we could simply "remove" to reduce the weight then Nissan would have done it already?
  9. Do they say what the base salary is or just a "you could earn upto £35k/yr"? If its the latter, its very unlikely you will earn that I would guess
  10. I'd get a Shine kit - arguably better built and fitting than the original Nissan stuff
  11. You'll have to wait until about 8pm when we get there and have ours pitched!
  12. You need a couple more posts (get it up to 5) before you can use PMs. This is a new anti-spam measure. Sure you can make 2 posts quite quickly though
  13. Think the others have largely covered this off, but heres my 2p's worth. It can sounds quite harsh up the top end of the rev range with the stock exhaust, but get this swapped out and an UpRev map and you dont *have* to go anywhere near it, just ride the bundles of torque and off you go. Tyre noise is annoying, and its purely down to the tyres themselves IMO. When you hit smooth tarmac the tyre roar dissapears instantly. I think new tyres will solve this. Also the new MY2011 cars come with tweaked sound deadening and suspension to try and help this. With respect to long trips. I did around 800 miles over the recent Wales weekend and loved every minute of it. Also, we are going to France later this year and are taking the Zed. That will be another 1.5k miles put on it at considerable expense, but one I want to make as I want to take it with me. So for me - go for it - you wont regret it - just get a new exhaust and UpRev map to make the most of it
  14. Embrace the tent If I could have gotten up there earlier I would have given you a hand bud, been camping since before I could walk, not found a tent yet that I cant put up or requiring instructions
  15. It appears X6 is <2005 and X7 is >2005 with a change over somewhere in 2005. Would be interesting to see how this works with the newer 370z with HDD rather than DVD maps. I guess it copies the maps onto the HDD, or it simply doesnt work with MY10+ 370z. I didnt realise X7 was for the newer 350z's too, I thought they were X6
  16. No worries, easy mistake. Sure people can find it with Google if they are that way inclined
  17. Hmm interesting, appears the maps are the same. I guess the maps must be compeletely seperate from the software. Maybe I should tag along and see if it works in my MY10 370z
  18. I assume the software is copyrighted so removed the link
  19. He's got a 370z though
  20. Did you use a foam applicator? I find these are exellent for getting a super thin layer down which is a lot easier to buff off and also means you can leave it longer to cure. I find if you put too much on, if you leave it a long time to cure, you quite literally cant get it off and I have to apply some fresh so that the softeners in it can remove the old and allow you to get it thin enough to remove.
  21. Locked at OPs request
×
×
  • Create New...