-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
As far as I am aware, all roadsters are MY2010+. As Connect Premium was introduced in the roadster first, I think its actually impossible to get a roadster that does not have Connect Premium. Certainly from what you have said, you definately do have Connect Premium I'll have a look on the US forums and see if they have the PDF of the instructions for the system. Not quite the same as the UK, but it will describe most of it. The differences I do know if is that we have Michellin POIs which they dont and I think they have some radio features (XM possibly) which obviously we dont.
-
Just got my first 350z - petrol / ecu question
Chris`I replied to Southernspeed's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Reset wont hurt, it will force the fuel trims to readjust quicker and might sort the timing advance a bit quicker too. If you dont it will just take a little longer to adjust. So up to you really - personally I would as its dead easy -
UNLEADED 95 OCTANE MAPS FOR DE 276BHP CAR'S
Chris`I replied to Mark@Abbey m/s's topic in Abbey Motorsport
How much are they though? Mark has put a lot of work into a good map using UpRev which allows you to properly tune the ECU and keep all the stock features. All for £300 for a stock map or ~£400 inc some dyno time. Dont think you will get better than that TBH. -
My mate works with o2 so i get 30% off my bills Having worked there and a sister in law there I can get the friends and family discount too But its just too rich to pay £25+ and being tied into a contract for 18 months. CBA any more, far happier to have a few quid in my pocket. I will wait for the sister in law to get me one on the side though
-
The way to look at depreciation is not to think how much you lose on this car, but how much you save on the next (presuming you're not buying a new car next of course!). Its not just your car that is depreciating.
-
Tesco 99Ron has slightly more additive to further prevent detonation, but honestly, would the average motorist ever notice 1 Ron difference between fuels. Thats good to know as my car is mapped on 99RON by Abbey hence why I was curious
-
Happy with my 3GS w/ iOS5. On giffgaff so only have to pay a tenna a month to get what I need. On O2 that would be over 40 quid no doubt to get my hands on the 4S.
-
So whats different with Tesco 99RON? Better or worse than the others?
-
I think with a big enough vat, we can ferment them suitably to provide fuel for our cars
-
BoofSquire would be perfect for the job
-
Correct. Go see Marks thread about UpRev mapping for 95RON. He has a dyno plot which shows the power go a bit mental after 5kPRM which is down to det
-
NVH ?? and how will a new exhaust sort out road noise ? Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) New exhaust means you will be booting it everywhere listening to that, and thats louder than road noise (it was a bit tongue in cheek comment)
-
Please dont run it on 95RON. If its too rich for you to run on premium unleaded, then this isnt the car for you. I havent read the owners manual in detail, but if its anything like the 350z (if anything it will be moreso) then it really wont like 95RON. On and new exhaust sorts out the NVH and road noise problems
-
Stolen from a quick Google: Before point 5, you can add the custom vibration when you turn on custom vibrations which you can then assign
-
After a quick bit of googling, I think theres some cool features that arent advertised. One nifty one is that you can now create new vibrate patterns and assign them to contacts. When my phone is on silent and in my pocket I can now tell who is calling - which is quite useful when on the bike as if its anyone other than Amanda or my old dear, I dont need to stop
-
I have to go an almighty 3 miles to get my Tesco fuel. That up on 2 miles when I used to live with the old dear
-
In Apple's defence, I wouldnt like to be the techies that have to look after the update servers. I would hazzard a guess their peak connection rate is second to no other server(s) out there. When else do that many people try to connect at exactly the same time? But it does reiterate my point about them capping connections. The update itself is quite quick, the one this morning took no longer than half an hour from start of download to backup to being restored and functional. However last night it took an age as the server was so busy, and you can resume part way through, so if you fail during download, you have to redownload. Or more annoyingly, if you fail during validation, you have to redownload, backup and validate again all which takes about 15 mins at least!
-
You do have the new version of iTunes dont you? Should be automatic, showed up in my iTunes at ~6:15pm last night
-
Should be fine this morning Al. The last of our iPhones was done this morning and went through A-ok first time. Cant see any major differences in iOS5 TBH, not like night and day with iOS4 is it. Some nice new features, but nothing that I expect a major version upgrade to achieve other than new wireless updates and sync'ing. But Wifi is so slow for that kind of thing I think I will stick to using the cable.
-
Whatevvvva grandad
-
UNLEADED 95 OCTANE MAPS FOR DE 276BHP CAR'S
Chris`I replied to Mark@Abbey m/s's topic in Abbey Motorsport
Hope this serves a a pertinent warning to all members running 95RON fuel other than in an emergency (and mixed with higher grade). If you want to run 95RON and not get det, you need to get it UpRev'd! On that basis Mark, does that mean when you map for 95RON, you wind back the timing to start with to keep it safe before advancing it to a level just before you get det? -
UNLEADED 95 OCTANE MAPS FOR DE 276BHP CAR'S
Chris`I replied to Mark@Abbey m/s's topic in Abbey Motorsport
So in relation to the other threads currently hot on the topic of running 95RON in a stock car - this shows that the car will get det if you rev it above 5k RPM on 95RON fuel -
Equally Tesco 99 is fine. Ran it in my 350z for about 70k miles with no problems what so ever. Never had the problem BM saw with cloudy fuel when I filled up my bike either.
-
Plus iCloud has been around for years - its just MobileMe rebranded Cloud should be more than safe enough, its the people using it that need to be careful with what they do with it. Just please dont rely on it as your only backup solution
-
True, but if you're Apple you can either spend another $10M on some more server space for one day, or just accept that the early adopters (myself included!) are just going to have a little whinge for an hour or so and then start raving about how good iOS5 is, and when the dust settles 24 hours in no-one will have an issue at all. It's sound business sense, and I can totally understand their point of view. The problems was Apple let far too many people onto the server at once. They dont need the server capacity to handle everyone at once. but they need some kind of quality of service set up on it and limit connections so those that are connected get a good experienece. If it said when you started "We're sorry the servers are busy, try again later", and then when you are on it you can download at a decent rate then thats fine. The problem I found yesterday is I did the iPad at about 6:15pm and it flew through. I tried the iPhone after that, when the servers were then obviously loaded, and it took me a further 2hrs to download. Thats just @*!# server configuration I'm afraid. They should stress test the servers, decide on a cap on the number of connections and when the reach it dont let more people on. Needless to say both my iPad (1) and iPhone (3GS) both went through without a hitch once it got past the point it required the Apple servers.