Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. Just a pity about the driving position and no steering adjustment. Nice car though And the "Space 1999" dash. The digi dash rev counter was brilliant, especially on the track, far easier to read when pushing the limits and easier to glance at than any dialled car i've driven. it had a nice big digital speed readout and a nice big digital rev counter. worked a treat.
  2. Its a Marmite car, some love them, others hate them. Its been a real pleasure owning mine, its not as tight or as light as my old s2000, but Its the longest I've ever owned a car, absolutely love it.
  3. pretty much, the x150 is to the x100 what the 370z is to the 350z
  4. you have to remember the X100 series XK's (the one above) is one of the longest running production cars ever, started production back in 1995 as the XK8 the XKR didnt join the line up till 1998 and it didnt have a facelift till 2001-2002 and that was minor, its proper update the newer X150 (the latest XK's ) didn't come out till 2006. and they're still going. the 350z never managed 11 years in production
  5. it is as one of my good friends refers to it a "luxo barge" great distance muncher in good comfort with lots of gadgets, and classic lines its possibly why they've already started going up in price for well looked after examples
  6. looks like darrens, and if it is it will be immaculate and run superbly
  7. don't use the word front splitter, as that is a performance mod if its an actual wind tunnel tested motorsports item, what you have is a front lip, or front bumper body styling addition. that should put you back on the insurance list. although it sounds like you found a new insurer. best bet is to use the likes of sky insurance, or Chris knotts or Adrian flux etc, they are set up to deal with performance and modded cars and offer; in general a better and more comprehensive service, and you get to speak to a knowledgeable human being.
  8. Yep they are the jaguar wheel upgrade (one of a bout 5 styles) made by BBS. They are the 20" BBS Detroits, they take a rear Tyre of 285/30/20 and a front Tyre of 255/35/20. Those ones look to be in silver, I have mine in the rare oyster gold.
  9. I have a desk, but I'm so busy I never get to sit at it.
  10. Same wheels and colour as mine, but that ones an XK8 as there are no bonnet vents that I can see in those pic. Looks like its got the 6 pot brembo upgrade.
  11. Old slam panel wrapped fitted stickered
  12. I wrapped my slam panel and then ticketed it up as well.
  13. Most won't remember as its before there time, but there used to be a trader on here of envious reputation in the performance parts market. I knew of someone in their shop order parts. Right in front of the guy they got the catalogue out for the American company, looked up the part, then doubled the price. I miss the good old days of big Phil
  14. I'm think of about 3 as well but I have a feeling they're not all the same 3
  15. I think its great that as a forum we have so many traders, in that respect members have a lot of options and almost every avenue is covered. A lot of the traders also offer a lot of free help and advice you wouldn't get maybe in a shop, and the fact that some reply at all kind of hours and at such speed; is also great for members and the forum. But like a reverse silver lining in order to get this kind of setup sometimes the forum has sacrificed being member centric and turned trader centric. My biggest concern is that people see lots of positives, but only very occasionally do people speak out about bad service. And the sad fact is the mod team if there is a genuine issue are pretty good at terminating trade contracts if members are put at risk. There has been at least 5 companies I know of that have been given the boot. I thinknlike coldel said if your going to feedback it should be what I call zed shed feedback. These guys give up their time and garage for free to help members out at short notice and all for the cost of some donuts. And these guys aren't even traders. Yes speedy service is important. But feedback threads are not an accurate gauge of real service.
  16. I should point out, I do trade on here, but what's not always seen is the Pm's where if I don't think I can either offer the right service or the right price I'll actually recommend alternative options or other trader options off the forum. I try to make sure the members get the best service, and not me getting the best profit.
  17. Most of the feedback is un necessary, or praises something that is standard service. Or traders I wouldn't trust a childrens toy car with get bigged up, just because its seems to be the place to promote. Others seem to buy their praise. And because its very trade centric on here you have traders jumping in on posts recommending their products, not always because its the best product or price for the member, but because its the best profit for the trader. This isn't always the case with all traders. And a lot are good and offer a good service, but its the way the forum now feels on a whole. That its set up for the traders benefit not the members benefit.
×
×
  • Create New...