Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. the spacers extend where the wheels sit, there for it changes the geo, geo needs to be adjusted to account for the change in the new axle length
  2. if there is cylinder damage it could be due to the car being run for a prolonged period on low octane fuel. causes engine knock as the ECU can't adjust for the lower octane and over a prolonged period can cause the pistons to break up and damage the cylinder as it will wear uneven. best bet is to find the thread keyser wrote on it, as its all explained in detail in there. not guaranteed that's the answer but might be the lost likely cause, as its the only thing I've heard of that causes damage to a zed engine as they tend too be pretty bullet proof. using lots of oil is a sign of this happening. if you kept fuel receipts that show you purchase 98ron or above i'd be digging them out to back your case up.
  3. As for the hard top its nice to have, and makes the car more saleable. I put mine on for a few weeks a year when it got really cold. I did it to protect the soft top. Or if I was going to a crap area. Its like having 2 cars in one.
  4. Nero I think your missing some key phrases on your posts. The terms "in my opinion" "for me" "I found" you write like its the 10 commandments, and I have say I disagree with most of what you say. But the key is that's my opinion of the car. If you were having issue with the stook, my guess is either your driving was the issue, or the geometry hadn't been set up properly or cheap Tyres. My drive to work is 5 miles and the Honda was a great daily car. It was not such a great long haul car. But I still drove to the south of france and back again in it.
  5. but like you said neil your car isn't stock, its like comparing apples and pears. like you said, you have to spend a lot to get it there. when comparing both stock out of the box its a different story.
  6. I do like the M3, good choice.
  7. German or jap?
  8. Technically it was like that when I found it, then I labelled it, but I never lock it. I do lock the under bench cupboards which hold the gcse work to keep it safe. And I also lock the tool cupboards some tools and machines are also key operated.
  9. Honda or Toyota?
  10. I haven't tried it, but I reckon they'll take my body weight. Advantage of iroko. And my design skills
  11. Am contemplating something similar
  12. So You thought the work was done.....ha ha ha ha ha nope today i managed to get the frames sides glued on place and the whole thing squared up using more wood and lots of clamps, could only do one at a time and it looked a bit like a french Renaissance torture device while the second one was drying, i managed to get the filler out and attack the first one ignore all the brown splodges, tomorrow is sanding day, so it should all start to look proper tidy, and the filler will be just left in the gaps, also got some teak oil for the final finish, so as long as my 2 pups dont arrive before then,; i'm hoping to be able to show you a fully finsihed product. but worst case scenario if they turn up now the frames are glued and useable.
  13. could be anything from a piston on the way out, tot eh bottom end, or a tappet issue? I'd have more luck guessing a number you're thinking of between 1 and a 100. wait to see what the garage says before making any decisions. then its a case of speaking yo your warranty company and see if the warranty is worth the paper its written on.
  14. that one on the drag strip look s to be running a tuned V8 Diesel of some kind
  15. But they're still coilovers, are they not? As in a coil over a damper? stop splitting hairs, you know he meant aftermarket coilovers
  16. rtbiscuit

    Alpha 4C

    Big Alfa fan, be interested to see one in the flesh
  17. i upgraded my S2k wheels to 18" oz Superleggeras, and had my Geo done by Dixon motorsport. with the bigger wheels, wider tread and lower profile tyres it actually made the S2K a far more responsive car. in terms of increased grip and feedback. must have just been enough to take the raw edge off the stock setup. compare that to the zed because of its weight it was far more forgiving. like suits said i reckon it was a bout a 3 second difference between them on reaction time. you can still get it wrong in a 350, but it wouldn't punish you as much as the honda did if you mistreated it. its why the S2k has a higher insurance, even though its marginally slower. and it picked up the nickname widow maker. but that's why i think i had more fun the s2k than i ever did in the zed. the zed felt to safe and sensible. to get it to the edge you had to push really hard. to a point that with most drivers their skill would run out before the cars did. you could drive it without really having to try. it made even bad drivers look good. but the S2K you really had to think about it, match the gears and the revs, the speed, balance the throttle, and when you got it right it was beautiful.
  18. having driven both on track, and on road, the zed is marginally quicker, what it benefits with is the torque curve that the S2k doesn't have. even tested it on forza 4, husky and I drove both on there and the zed still has the acceleration edge. but in the real world I found the Honda far more rewarding and enjoyable to drive. it could have been the roof down action and the high rev engine, but it was a proper b road bomber. and if you're new to RWD I'd say the 350Z is the better choice. its far more forgiving if you over cook it.
  19. back into their sockets to avert the pain in their eyes
×
×
  • Create New...