Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. I don't think so, I think that's just a snap shot opinion of the whole world ever.
  2. Its official S2000 voted best instrument cluster in the world http://www.carthrottle.com/official-honda-s2000-has-worlds-best-instrument-cluster/
  3. that process is called Terraclean and its available across the UK, have considered getting the XKR done. a few on the XK forum have had it done and spoken positively of the impact its had.
  4. same for me, bar work, doorman, shop work pizza delivery all uni jobs. first job was at macdonalds. my parents said once I was 16 if I wanted money I had to earn it myself. so I got a part time job. and its the same message i'll say to my kids in 16 years time. i'm hoping like me it will teach them the value of money. and that it doesn't grow on tree's and that saving money is good.
  5. CO2 is turned into oxygen by tree's, CO2 isn't the only green house gas that is the issue. Methane is another product of global warming, and from memory a large amount of the yearly methane production can be traced back to cows, which have been greatly over populated for feeding the human race. removing the cow population would make a huge dent in the green house gasses produced. CFC's are no longer in production, leaded fuel has not been in production for nearly 20 years. they could avoid the coal fire burning power stations by building new nuclear reactors, they'd produce more power, and less waste, and be more economical than wind turbines for the investment spent.
  6. I finished uni with an engineering degree, not know what path to take I took the first job going, I washed dishes for at golf club for £4 an hour, people saw I was commited and it got me more work, ended up at the airport working ground crew for £5 an hour. was applying for other jobs then decided to go for the teaching but while I waited for the course to start I got work in a call centre for £6 an hour. I never sat and waited for the best job to come along, I worked until I got to where I am now. I think you're right that a lot of people come out of uni and think they're too good for certain jobs. thing is they pushed the uni system as the qualification to have, these days everyone has a degree, and its not the elite door opening tool it used to be.
  7. nothing over the last 2 pages says I didn't think we've had no impact, infact I've mentioned several times that I agree with sustainable stewardship of the planet. i'm not for burning all the oil and all the next generations can go f'k themselves. and like a said earlier we've had an impact but we'd have gone through something anyway regardless. the planet runs in long term cycles. Two thousand years ago (ish) the Romans used to grow good quality red wine in the heat of the south of England, which we can't today. Must've been the V8 chariots caused it all!
  8. Its difficult to judge without all the info, but if its like dip says, I suppose it comes down to how you handle it. if the range rover did knock one and it had been me, I would have stopped to check the biker was ok, I wouldn't apologies, but I would hand him my insurance details and then move on. if I was intimidated by the numbers I'd do it through the window with the door locked. him driving off made it worse as it looks like it created a mob mentality not deliberately, but you see how easy groups revert to primeval tendencies. then the situation just blew right out of proportion. wasn't there myself, and commenting on the hypothetical here, but powering over a group of bikers was a bad move, as was the bikers trying to block a range rover....what did people think were going to happen?
  9. my car is my hobby, but in order to do it I've sacrificed else where, I don't generally have holidays, i don't go out drinking anymore, i don't smoke anymore. but i do most of the work myself. and at some point soon i'm going to put it on hold so that i can spend more money on my family when the kids arrive. my salar is common knowledge as a teacher its a set pay scale, but i'd say after bills etc i don't have a lot left at the end of each month.
  10. watched that last night, looks a case of 50/50 responsibility. both parties acted stupidly.
  11. i have done my own research i'm also aware that climate change has been happening since the dawn of time, i'm not an idiot to think we have no impact on the environment, but i'm also aware that there is a lot of stuff happening which isn't related to us. the planet has gone through 2 ice ages, global warming and global cooling multiple times. its what the planet does. what gets my goat is that the information is used as a tax benefit scheme for government to support contracts and suppliers that don't actually support us. if they were bothered about green energy they wouldn't be investing in solar and wind energy. for a country that has minimal sun and unreliable wind sources. and a scheme that will eventually only produce 10% if they are lucky of what we need, not including the growth in our power consumption. with several of our coal power station due for closing and same with some of our nuclear reactors coming to the end of their life cycle. little windmills are going to do bog all. our fannying around with taxing people for being ungreen will do fanny all, compared to the pollution being done by the americans, Chinese and Indians. me using energy saving light bulbs and bio diesel makes bog all difference. in fact even if our whole country went fully green. china and india alone would consume our green savings in about 6 months alone. I've done my research and i'm sorry but I think we'd be going through a climate change regardless of if we were here or not. all we've done is speed it up a little.
  12. I run a can of bg44k through the fuel system of any of my cars once a year.
  13. I was always told you can never really afford kids, and I think that's tree, you just have to adjust your life style to fit having them. But of you've got nothing in the first place why breed like a rabbit?
  14. Wait it out and stop modding
  15. I'm biased, I had the invidia, good look, good sound, and not boomy on long drives
  16. Of the 2 cars on offer I'd take the lotus, I have no love for the gtr, have never driven either, but the Nissan doesn't light my fire. Appreciate the performance, but knowing what lotus handling is like in the Elise I'd take the evora for the thrill of the drive. As for the above post, I'll repeat my favourite saying opinions are like arseholes everyones got one. Etc etc its an opinion if you don't like it ...ignore it. I know eons, have known him for a long time, some stuff I agree with other stuff I don't. That's his and my prerogative.
  17. Hence why I know only by pre 2001 or if I have too, up to march 2006. If I but post 2006 I'll look for cars that fall in the right bracket.
  18. Speak to jay, irfan, Neilp or dblock
  19. My wife could find a priceless gem in a pile of worthless identical gems. Basically if its the most expensive thing in the shop, she'd find it in 30 seconds even if there were no prices. Its usually followed by the retailer commenting on her exquisite taste, and me saying no f'ing way
  20. I'd like to see claimants paid in vouchers. If your a long time non worker and you have no medical reason to be out of work, I think all your benefits should be in vouchers like the old ration books. It should pay for the roof over your head, the food in your belly and the clothes on your back (and your kids) it shouldn't cover alcohol, cigarettes, sky tv, or the bookies. Etc. If I'm paying tax and I cut the luxuries out of my life in order to pay the bills, why should I be funding someone to smoke, drink and watch sky, when I can't. I'm more than happy to pay for and support those in need. But you don't need any of those luxuries.
  21. Very true dblock its a zed, enough said!
  22. I think mines soon to become how awake are you? Once the twins arrive. I like jaguars new direction, ok not the best slogan, but there have been worse. When I was joining the navy they had a slogan "join the navy, feel a new man every day" my mates found this hilarious and was the centre of most jokes.
  23. Nice
  24. And the new xj isn't ugly either
×
×
  • Create New...