Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. Like I said I'm all for sustainable and sensible stewardship. But the information being given is only half the story
  2. If it makes you feel better my supercharged 4.0 litre v8 is only £220 a year in road tax. Advantages of buying pre 2001. And secondly road tax no longer gets spent on the roads, and is now known as the road fund licence. Its nothing more than a luxuries tax.
  3. I'm all for responsible stewardship of the planet, I'm no green fan, but i'm not a resources whore either. But my issue is more that only one side of the story is portrayed and sold as the gods honest truth. Both sides of the argument should be portrayed and let the people come to their own conclusions. Green policies I like include using sustainable resources and going back to natural products like wool as an insulator etc. I like the idea of moving away from a reliance on oil. I don't mind renewable energy. Alongside other power sources and not just reliant on one. We've got all this coast line and wave energy, yet all the money is spent on solar and wind. But to deny that other aspects other than humans might be a cause is very short sighted. The fact they use data no further back than say 150 years is short sighted. I struggle to see why I should be charged over the odds so that we follow a set of rules, when America, china and India eat through our carbon savings in 2 weeks.
  4. What's scary is the amount of people who just follow it blindly, just because some people in white coats have said it. Climate change is just a theory, and that's all it is, its not been proved and there is certainly a lot of evidence out there that disproves it. The fact that we're currently in a motion where our planet is further from the sun, the fact that the sun is actually in a cooling cycle. The fact that this has happened before a long time ago in the earths history long before big industry existed. We're just passengers on the planet, yes we should treat it with respect, but I think it very much does its own thing regardless of us.
  5. Anyone else watch the news recently and find them selves getting angry at the lies being peddled as the gospel truth on climate change. Apparently the ipcc is now 95% certain we're to blame. Yet we're now entering a 12 year of cooling. I'm not sure if there are many people on here who are green warriors, I'm guessing not many driving big petrol cars. I' m all for alternative energy sources to reduce the need and reliance on coal and oil. But what's being peddled at the moment is just used as a basis to tax the crap out of the electorate. Why do we listen to an institution like the ipcc that is mainly funded by the governments and isn't independent. If your not sure which way to swing have a read of this http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/3755623/meet-the-man-who-has-exposed-the-great-climate-change-con-trick/. Also I'm not a daily mail fan but according to this the attic is growing not shrinking http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/And-global-COOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html. People need to start doing their own research instead of blindly following the manure that's being fed to us from the top. Rant over
  6. This forums full of OAP's, so that's no surprise
  7. Superb shots
  8. My technician used to be a silver smith and also teaches a jewellery course, I could ask him if that helps. Alternately do what I did and go to Hatton gardens. I used ace of diamonds, and they took a setting we liked and swapped the diamonds around, and they even cornered it on to us as we aren't local to London.
  9. Prius's are awesome. Quiet, auto, all the toys, reliable and cheap to run. What's not to like? You're only allowed to wear sandals when you drive it, you have to grow a mangina, and wash in hemp butter and natural yaks milk.
  10. vtec just kicked in yo
  11. you should have seen me when I got my 370Z, is was so confused, torque EVERYWHERE, I didn't know what to do with it all ! Having been driving Honda motors for the last 7 years it was very strange not having to redline it all the time to make progress. A sorted Honda on a track is fantastic and the best place for it in my opinion. you should try my xkr it idles at under 500rpm and very rarely see's 2000 rpm, even when cruising its like its not even trying. Not dissimilar to the zed.
  12. Its what I did, sold the zed for £12.5k and bought the s2k for £8k. The most my Honda needed was a new battery for the key fob, did t miss a heart beat. My zed on the other hand had lots of minor niggles. Nothing to stop you driving it, but enough to pi$$ you off.
  13. I would love a LR Defender out here, would be awesome . . . but I don't want one this much http://wwwa.autotrad...showcpo=ShowCPO Maybe start an import business shipping them over
  14. It could be worse she might want a prius
  15. And if I was driving up north ipd take the zed over the s2000, and the xkr over the zed, both have advantages and disadvantages, neither is the out and out winner. Both do certain things better than the other.
  16. That settles the argument as much as whiskey would indigestion. Its not about being faster, its about better handling. My xkr is way faster than the zed, but I'd much rather take the zed out on track than my xkr. The zed is faster than an s2000, but I'd much rather take the s2000 on a b road bomb, or on a track meet.
  17. The brabus smart coupe is a good car. Far easier to park than an evoque. Takes up less space, more economical. And more fun. Any way its not yor car so not your choice. Would you listen yo your wife if she told you what you can and can't drive. If you don't like it, you don't have to get in it. You could always walk.
  18. The difference in torque just requires learning to drive another way. Once you learn the Honda method its a rewarding car. If I still had mine, I'd take you out and show what its like when driven properly. I kept fuel records and the s2k was more economical, got the comparisons and I can put them up later if you really want. Tyres were cheaper, I could but 2 Tyres for the Honda for the same price of one for the zed. And for me insurance was about the same, intact I think the stook was slightly cheaper and mine had no TCS. Choose it if you want a change. Both are good cars. You can't really go wrong, just be aware they use oil, and check it once a month and your fine.
  19. If that's the case, I'm guessing you'll need to find a power slice, there is power up there but be careful not to blow the BCM.
  20. Comes as standard on my ancient jag, also have the optional extra of auto dimming wing mirrors as well. Not bad for a 15 year old car :grin: think there is one available in the USDM or JDM might be able to retro fit to a UKDM car
  21. Rico did it, but I can't remember his username. I meet him a few times and I think I have his phone number. He was from the state's and work for the USAF. and brought his own car over to the UK with the STS setup on it. I had a passenger ride, so I haven't driven it. But I do remember it sounding like a tiefighter in starwars, and I don't remember thinking oh god how laggy is this. I can't say it is or it isn't because i didn't drive. And it was a couple of years ago. Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
×
×
  • Create New...