Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Happy Birthday Andy, those cakes look yummy.
  2. Love the pull away..... Bwarp brawp papap brawp papap braaaaawp!! You dirty rotten scoundrel!!
  3. Soon there will be no more green parts for sale in the UK (they will all be on the GREEN machine)
  4. Nice one Ady Let's hope Darren stays out to play this time.
  5. Never had a problem running the spacers Fitting further mods such SPL lower compression bushes, coily's and now the Eibach ARB's I'm now totally in love with my handling. Had the Eibachs fitted today and all I want to do is drive roundabouts all day long. Flat controlled cornering. The ARB's have made a huge difference. Get your geo checked and take it from there.
  6. Birthday Time Many Happy Returns
  7. Asleep I was given 3 T-shirts, 2 mugs, pens, business cards and a beer with Jaegermeister poured into it. That's not asleep that's drunk Chris. But it was a good laff
  8. Rich mine is in the flip top bottle and better than that crap squirty method. Happy to send Well done Darren, but to be fair with Bob and Chris in toe you were clearly influenced. Keep going PS that mini part was the nutZ, and that Romian stuff sure made Steve a bit pie eyed. Can't wait for 2013
  9. Class x2
  10. I moved off machine applied just because it's not very long lasting. But when I did, it was the NXT2. I've got two full bottles if you want to make use of it. Slip me some free sticker tokens and I'll pop it on the post to you
  11. Lazy sod, it takes 45mins to apply and remove wax from a Zed, okay the Jaaaag might take a tiny bit longer, but still 45mins. There's so many products on the market these days to choose from it's a minefield.
  12. not me but the guys at megauirs said it. went to one of their detailing days. am intrgued though, only difference between soft and hard waxes is how they are stored as far as i'm aware. wax is wax? is it not? yes there are variations in ingredients, but is it not to do with the delivery of the wax dictates the consistency? i.e. those who want to put it on by hand and those who prefer a machine application? i'm no detailer, so interested to learn more. as far as i was aware you can;t layer wax, you can just go back over and make sure you did the job properly a 2nd time round i suppose. (completely top up the pores in the paint.) as paint is just like skin, it has pores, it breaths, dirt gets trapped in the pores etc hence the need for clay bars etc I believe I was there at Meguiars that same day. The wax they exampled was the NXT2 - and agreed you don't want to apply that naff stuff twice, let alone once! The bottle wax is what I'm referring to as a soft wax, that stuff is great for a quick slap and tickle with a machine, or by hand. It's messy, doesn't last long at all and frankly a waste of money. The hard wax, as I call it, specifically the SN really does need a second coat. BUT, you must wait for the first coat to harden and set. The second coating is an added barrier. The paste wax, such as the Chemical Guys 50/50 works in exactly the same way. I would presume the paste wax may not last as long as the SN, but my testing over the winter months will ascertain this.
  13. Haydn, what's going on, how come Tim's not doing your car? To be fair it's good to hear you getting your hands dirty for once Congrats on the smoking, but if you re-start which I hope you don't, then read Alan Carr the "Easy way". My book is being returned to me in October so I shall get my chance to give up for the 3rd and final time. First time was 9 months, second was 2.5 years and hopefully this time for ever!! The book was the only thing that made me give up on both occasions. Onto the detailing. The Supernatural wax should be applied then a 2nd coat 24hrs later. I've tested this product vigerously over the last 2 years and know it's performance very well. From mixing it with other coatings, to how many coats are required and it's longevity. I'll give you an example. The last application I applied was Wales in May, and after washing the car this evening, the car now requires a top up of wax. So that's lasted nearly 4 months. Why has it lasted 4 months, because I apply 2 coats. Ignore Rich he's talking rubbish If you apply one coat of SN you'll get 1-2 months protection, but add that second coat and it REALLY will form a stronger bond. Rich is talking about soft wax, and as such yes it fills the pits as he so calls it. The hard waxes work differently, a very thin layer and a further second layer 24 hours later seriously protects your car. Try not to mix your wax with other wax products, as it will deteriorate the performance of the SN, either in a shine or protection manner. I've started using Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Edition wax, it won't last as long as the SN, but is just as easy if not easier to apply than SN. Durability I'm yet to confirm, as I've only used it on client cars so far. Now that my wax has diminished I'll be applying the Chemical Guys for a winter long durability test. Had a bash this evening with Wolfs De-ironizer, and I have to say what a flippin product!!!!! This stuff is truly sensational. I hope to be stocking their products for next year along with a wealth of other major players. P.S. You made me laugh when you said you'd read the same sentence time and time again.... reminds me of my first day back to work after a weekend clubbing. Oh they were sorry Mondays!
  14. Once upon a time there was a chap called Jay, who once said "I won't be allowed to mod my car for I have other important financial commitments" Get in Jay, Zeditis all the way..... What's next Looks great BTW
  15. Hey congrats on the bambino but commiserations on the Zed or congrats however you want to look at it
  16. I'm sure I saw one on my350z last night but might be a triple plate?
  17. Why not try and schedule Wales next year?
  18. I will be buried with my Apple products when that time comes
  19. Nice vid Tim, but what was Bob (Buster) doing checking out the tyres of that erm.... car..... (Couldn't tell you for the life of me what it was).
  20. What if me and Adrian park either side of you? He's basically copied me (Please don't tell me I have to change to a 4th theme )
  21. Are you coming along next year? We need a green car in the vids and not sure on where we could find one
  22. Mine were from Japan They are still on the car, been on and off a number of times. Not lost a wheel or anything Not sure where you buy your products from but I'd seriously think about changing.
  23. This is a great thread
  24. !!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...