Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Don't worry what ever happens it'll be boxed. Free air is naff! I remember the real deep smooth clear crisp deep tones of my old 8's isobaric. I don't really want a great big uncontrolled thud. Lets look at it this way. 2 10's isobaric might not be achievable with space, 2 8's might not be enough. But a single 10 may be the last resort, ported and tuned correctly. I'd prefer 2 10's but feel I maybe compromised by the shape issues behind the sub. I've totally stripped my passenger cubby out, so I'm guessing the same shape resides behind the drivers seat. I may have to resort to a single 10?
  2. Updated the list for you Tom I've now received my final quote so early next week I'll post up the price for the spacer etc. IF we can reach 20 names by the end of next week I'll drop £10 each off the price.
  3. Well being the rears and fronts are of the same brand range I'd hope they are of the same quality. I actually like rear definition to give a fuller flavour, but staged correctly. The design of the sub box will be negotiable, but firstly need to work out if 2 10's are achievable. I'm personally thinking 2 8's. Then there's a potential single 10? Not sure if 8's would suffice though.
  4. That would be a good idea to maybe sink it in your boot, maybe with a overlay so that you could cover it for when transporting bondage gear and the like. Fair point about changing the speakers before sub, but for me the whole system needs changing. The bass with the BOSE has no real quality, same goes with the rest of the setup. Just need to know now if two 10's would fit in the BOSE sub location or two 8's I have plenty of room in the other cubby to fit the two amps, especially at 22" long
  5. Pete I have an aftermarket HU and have full control still of the phone and sound on the steering wheel controls. All you need is an adapter.
  6. Agreed but then when I utilise the boot, it has to come out then I have no bass. Then say for instance I take a trip round Europe, the boot will be full and again no sound. I really don't want to compromise storage which is why I put all my NOS in the passenger cubby. It means the rest of the car isn't compromised. Still I like your system and it works well for your requirements. Yes I want to replace all components. Â I'm thinking these for the full system. Sub(s) (10' or 8' based on size availability) Power Handling 375W RMS General Features 2-3/4 inches of peak-to-peak excursion 2-1/2" 4-layer voice-coil Radialvent cooling, for increased power handling SureSet impedance selection and overdrive protection Multiple enclosures types and tuning options available Integral sealing gaskets simplify both standard and inverted mounting General Specifications Mounting Cutout Diameter: 9-1/4" (235mm) Mounting Depth: 6-3/8" (166mm) Linear Excursion: 2-3/4 inches Recommended Enclosure: Sealed: 0.5cu ft - Ported: 1.3cu ft w/ 3" x 11" Port Amp to drive both in a isobaric format. Features Power Handling: 300W RMS x 2@ 4-Ohms 500W RMS x 2@ 2-Ohms 1000W RMS x 1 [bridged] @ 4-Ohms 1400W RMS x 1 [bridged] @ 2-Ohms General Features: Remote bass level input (GT-RSL remote level control sold separately) Red LED power badge and orange protect indicator 2/1 channel operation Adjustable mounting feet (mounting feet move along rails to allow the easiest installation) Fully computer-controlled diagnostics system (continuously monitors amplifier in case of thermal overload, short circuits, or over voltage) Q-Tuneâ„¢ technology combines sophisticated crossover adjustments with Q-Control settings to seamlessly transition rear bass to the front sound stage Uses a 100 amp ANL fuse Heavy duty fan cooled aluminum alloy heatsink Gold-plated RCA level inputs Gold-plated screw terminals Variable high-pass filter (20-350 Hz, 12 dB/octave) Variable low-pass filter (50-350 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave) Signal Voltage Input (200mV-8V) Frequency response: 10-95,000 Hz Dimensions: 22-1/4"L x 9"W x 2-3/8"H 1/0-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation Component front Power Handling 85W RMS 250W Max General Specifications Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm Frequency Response: 45Hz-20kHz Sensitivity [1 watt (2.83v) at 1m]: 90dB Mounting Depth: 2-3/8" (67.0mm) System Type: 2-way General Features 6-1/2" copolymer cone woofer with TwinStage heatsink Woofer's neodymium motor structure offers extraordinary power-to-weight ratio VariMount adaptor rings enable the SR60 woofer to fit into virtually any factory 6-1/2-inch location. Type-S1 1" Kortec dome tweeters Quick-fit mounting cup simplifies tweeter installation Separable and dockable model-specific crossovers Rear coaxial Power Handling 75W RMS 200W Max General Specifications Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz Sensitivity [1 watt (2.83v) at 1m]: 90dB Mounting Depth: 2-7/16" (62.0mm) System Type: 2-way General Features 6-1/2" copolymer cone woofer with butyl rubber surround Woofer's neodymium motor structure offers extraordinary power-to-weight ratio 1" Kortec dome tweeters Contoured tweeter plane greatly improves on- and off-axis tweeter response Model Specific integrated muti-element crossovers VariMount adaptor rings enable the SR65 woofer to fit into virtually any factory 6-1/2 inch location. Amp to run components and coaxial. Power Handling: 85W RMS x 4 @ 4-Ohms 100W RMS x 4 @ 4-Ohms 150W RMS x 4 @ 2-Ohms 225W RMS x 4 @ 1-Ohm 300W RMS x 2 [bridged] @ 4-Ohms 450W RMS x 2 [bridged] @ 2-Ohms General Features: DualMode High-current, high-power design for 4 channel or 2 channel Q-Tune technology combines sophisticated crossover adjustments with Q-Control settings to seamlessly transition rear bass to the front sound stage High efficiency and output stages delivering increased power into lower impedance and maximum dynamics and transient response Security cover protects control settings LED power and protection indicator Aluminum alloy heatsink Gold-plated RCA and screw terminals Advanced fan cooling allows varied mounting positions Fully Adjustable crossover highpass and lowpass crossover for exact integration of speakers and subwoofers Low-profile height 2 3/8"(61mm) allows installation in tight locations Adjustable mounting feet for varied mounting surfaces Optional remote bass control: compatible with GT-RSL remote (sold separately) Input sensitivity control: 200mV to 8V Frequency response: 10Hz - 95kHz Q-Tune control: 0.707 to 1.6 Dimensions(WxHxD): 22-1/4" x 2-3/8" x 9"
  7. Happy Burfday!!!
  8. The reason for isobaric is that you need half the air volume to perform the task. Example 1 x 10" require 2cft, running 2 in a isobaric format I only need 1cft. Therefore the 10" or 8" depending on what will fit isn't compromised. The bass will also be cleaner running isobaric, with lower hz handling. The rattling isn't an issue, I'll fix that, I know how to strip the back section in less than 10 mins. Them to provide sound proofing and refit shouldn't be an issue. What I don't want is a mass of space used in my car which I would otherwise use. I like your setup Dave but I use my boot and don't really want to have to compromise with having to lift the sub in and out based on my boot contents. Budget just on the sub section including amp will be about £600-800. As mentioned I'd really like to try the Boston Subs, they've been around for a long time and never ward a bad word. At the end of the day I want a quality sound, which is why I want to go isobaric, having a more controlled bass.
  9. Cheers H Couldn't work it out...
  10. Juke is an awesome dog yet he is fricking mental as well lol. Really looking forward to polishing it up and fitting the stillen! Keh??? Polish the dog????
  11. No but I've had some pop I think it's more than pop you've had, your edit still hasn't fixed it. And what the hell is TFFT?
  12. I agree, thought about doing that on mine but in silver obviously but didn;t have the bottle just for a moment there I thought about asking for photoshop help but on second thoughts............... I'd photoshop it for you but had a few too many jars, so I wouldn't be able to identify any colour in the spectrum
  13. Is Peter at your place?
  14. Hmmm just been thinking..... Black roof Black mirrors Black front lip And....... Drumroll.... Black boot Oh and some nice Anthrecite or Dark rims. You gota ditch those rims. Edit!!!! Carbon bonnet too!
  15. I've been thinking about upgrading the BOSE hardware for a while now, and from my past history when I was a young whippersnapper I once ran 2 8" subs isobaric stored in the boot of my car. I was wondering if it would be possible to fit 'maybe' 2 10's isobaric where the BOSE sub currently lives and rip out the entire system whilst I'm at it. I'm not sure 2 8's would suffice in that area and wondered if with a squeeze two 10's would fit? If they won't fit then I may have a bash with the 8's. Also any recommendations with preference with sub and amp brands to suit such a setup? I've always had a passion to try Boston Acoustics..... My music preference diversifies from chill out to techno, but pretty much the norm being funky house. All opinions welcome (but not on my musical taste )
  16. My hexis vinyl box lol, i stuck it there while i took picture.... Should have moved it bit further away lol The Nuts dog is in that box being delivered to Jay's house Are you stalking me :o No but he's probably had some pop Oooops I've been busted (Papa knows me too well )
  17. My hexis vinyl box lol, i stuck it there while i took picture.... Should have moved it bit further away lol The Nuts dog is in that box being delivered to Jay's house
  18. No, that IS your dog. Thats okay, my dogs got sommin wrong with it, its fricken nuts Bye bye dog
  19. No, that IS your dog.
  20. My other half's Pug 206 with skinny tyres is epic in the snow. Low powered and tyres that are all round but manage to penetrate the snow and somehow gain traction. I'd rather drive that in the snow than the Zed.
  21. That is the BEST photoshop I've EVER seen. I've had a proper laugh at that and even showed my other half and explained the reasons of our requests for photoshop and even she had a proper laugh. Brilliant A real photoshop pro would of got all the floor grooves aligning, I don't have that patience Glad you're not that anal Who cares if the tiles aren't right, made me friggin laff!
  22. I wouldn't suggest putting chains on the Zed but if you need that extra security the socks work well in snow. But once you hit clear road the socks will be eaten alive. For our winters unless its crazy snow in which nobody goes to work, then I wouldn't bother. I personally just work from home when the Zed can't get off/on the drive, That's my marker in which to decide.
  23. That is the BEST photoshop I've EVER seen. I've had a proper laugh at that and even showed my other half and explained the reasons of our requests for photoshop and even she had a proper laugh. Brilliant
  24. Ha ha I do the corner trick too As well as the slam the anchors on trick.
  25. That looks fugly..... Edit.... Sorry had strange moment then, thought I was still imprinted with that failside. Looks sweet, I like polished items.
×
×
  • Create New...