-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
There was no point driving it as its following a very strict 1200 mile run in procedure, it's quite an interesting run procedure. Rev limitations, pedal depression level etc etc. 0-400 there's one procedure then 400 to 800 another and a final run in procedure 800-1200. He then has to take the car back and they'll check over it. The ECU apparently records everything that goes on with the car and at any point he doesn't follow the process the warranty will be void. The warranty manual is the size of the Yellow Pages book. Crazy So once it's out of the run in procedure he's bringing it back. Whether he'll let me have a go is another question, a bit OCD. He knows ill give it some, so he'll probably just take me out for a spin in it
-
I said to him what about Blue? Black? White? He said he hated the blue fleck, didn't like black and already has a Seat Cupra K1 in white and his other half said you can't have two white cars
-
He wiped his feet before getting into te passenger side I quote "nobody has sat on this side yet so I want to make sure it stays clean"
-
Agreed the styling isn't the greatest but the technology and power is brilliant. The BOSE sound system is epic, very very good. Why they fooked the Zed system up I don't know. I also don't like the colour, but still it's a great car and I wouldn't turn one down that's for sure. It'll out perform a huge amount of cars on the road. The interior I must say is a huge step forward in the world of Nissan. Can't wait to get a ride
-
Tasty 2012, sounds just like a grown up Zed. Superb interior, and actually very suitable for every day or track. He's still running it but we'll go for a drive next time. My poor Zed felt a little insignificant but she'll be treated to some gifts next year to cheer her up.
-
*Custom Anodised Plenum Spacers* £170 (next batch March)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Traders
You could remap although if you plan any further mods in the very near future you'll need a further remap. So think about what you plan on doing over the next six months and if there's nothing in the pipeline then go for the mapping. If you plan on adding more bits such as exhaust items then I'd fit those first then go for the map. Fitting a spacer is very simple, but then I've worked on my car a fair bit. Can a novice fit one, yes. As easy as reading instructions etc -
Behave (Convoy) Thought you'd like that one. It's a driving song and a classic too
-
Chris Rea - The Road to Hell Eric Clapton - Key To The Highway CW McKall - Convoy
-
And as you stop by Birmingham pop in for a break or even an overnight stay if you want to break the journey down
-
*Custom Anodised Plenum Spacers* £170 (next batch March)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Traders
Yes there are gains to be had. Info as follows: Pre 06 the spacer will provide gains, but only reaping those gains via a remap Fitting a spacer to the 06 revup won't provide any gains, unless you fit the Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum. HR onward does not require a spacer as the plenum was re-designed. So in answer to your question they do make gains as above, but as plummerman is saying you may as well add a few more mods whilst you're spending cash on the uprev etc. -
Ha ha somebody bought some for their 1993 Golf. WTF! wonder if they do a sample pot?
-
Google earth! DONE
-
If you roll Oblivion and Air into one at Alton Towers then wouldn't that just suffice. Nuts is one word for this chap. I certainly wouldn't do it.
-
Go and step in some dog sh1t quick to get some luck back!
-
Don't blame you, I'd do the same if I could.
-
beware of crashing on the motorway ££££
Wasso replied to rtbiscuit's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Pack it in Jim, just cos your laughing at us suckers -
beware of crashing on the motorway ££££
Wasso replied to rtbiscuit's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Hungary has superb roads too. And their road tax is technically Zero. Oh and council tax is £60 a year. The reason our country is nothing like Europe is because of our crooked government and tax reaping monarchy. I'm so mad!!!! To top the lot our weather is crap too! -
beware of crashing on the motorway ££££
Wasso replied to rtbiscuit's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I'm not sure of the correct figures and would search but I'm at Alton Towers enjoying a few drinks ready for a day of mayhem. Anyway, isn't there a figure that states a huge percentage of our roads are unsafe, or in some cases dangerous. So on that basis shouldn't we charge for risking our lives on 'their' or 'contracted' roads. With taxation, fuel tax and tax on tax the government and their ideas fookin suck!!! I've so had it with this country, Doogy did the RIGHT thing and fook off from this crumbling royal piece of sh!te. I'll try and enjoy my last song with a tall blonde singing her heart out (entertainer for the evening). Gonna get another drink! -
Ha ha, I knew a few people in the scene many years ago. I had 2 Opel Manta GTE's one exclusive and one normal. The exclusive I was running 4 x 12" subs in the boot. The entire system was ran with Earthquake amps. Their amps were always underrated, for instance you think you were purchasing say a 1k amp, but when running you could achieve roughly a 20% increase from manufactures quote. They weren't the best quality for audio phonics but hell they packed a punch. I was running 2.5k back then, and then when the car was stolen I never went back to car audio. It was too painful knowing the insurance company doesn't cover that sort of equipment
-
That's him When I was a weeee snapper, I met him at the Chelsea Cruise, a cruise that's been going on for decades. He used to have a lot of work done at In Car Audio in Acton west London. He joined forces with the Earthquake team to build an American Van that won MANY SPL competitions. Ian first started with this: He's a really nice bloke but just a tad crazy. The chap you see with a safari hat is a chap called Adam Rayner, who IS actually Claire Rayners son. He used to help run huge SPL at In Car in Acton.
-
Wicked You may relate to this, as they look the same. *Edit* In fact have you ever heard of a chap called Ian "Ice" Pinder? A chap I used to know from back in the day. He was the SPL king of the earth.
-
Are you sure it was? Usually a nice sealed box with the right amount of cuft will give you a nice clear crisp sound. Was your old box ported? I agree with Mayyv6 though. I run a 10" with 0.6cuft sealed with 1200wrms and it sounds ok. For the isobaric installation sounded really rich in bass, very controlled. It was ported but just on the one side. I think we copied a design back in the day. I may just resort to the single. I guess it'll be a more simple box design. Are you seriously running 1200 rms through a single sub?
-
As Chris says, don't put any holes in for god sake!!!!! If you want sound then aftermarket intake is the way forward.