Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Happy Birthday.
  2. Yes ~ it has an LSD so testing it on the rollers can damage that. It should be done on the road using a decelerometer.
  3. Naah, I don't want to be a knee down in the corners type of biker... I've witnessed 3 Biker deaths in my life watching people do that on public roads... The temptation is the thought of a weekend riding through France n Belgium with my old man to be honest... That's mega appealing, whereas that's not quite the same with a 370z Nismo... The problem is though it doesn't matter how safe you're riding a bike without the protection that a car affords you any minor accident can lead to life changing injuries or even death. Personally I wouldn't risk it but if it's an itch you have to scratch then maybe you just have to try it to see.
  4. He's definitely started something as I've been looking at 911's ~ the Carrera 4's last night.
  5. I'd get the 370Z Nismo imo, ...unless you're feeling particularly suicidal then get the bike.
  6. Doh. My fault for skimming through the replies too quickly.
  7. If you can't bring yourself to sell the BM then why not turn it into a track day toy?
  8. Can't believe nobody in this thread has mentioned this yet but AFAIK you shouldn't let them test the brakes on the 350Z on the rollers. It can damage the LSD presuming your Zed has one & is not an import without one. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63942-mot-road-brake-test/
  9. RIP.
  10. Vaguely remember it,. ...wasn't that in the last series? So far this series I've seen them do an MG Sprite (Stirling Moss one), Golf GTi, Sierra Cosworth, Corvette, & a Skyline. Think that's it so far. But have you cried at every one? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No not really. The Skyline GTR was a sad one as her husband had died before having the chance to see the car restored so that tugged at the heart strings though.
  11. Googled Silverstone Grey and that indeed is a match! Hard to tell in pictures but at least you know now what it is.
  12. Vaguely remember it,. ...wasn't that in the last series? So far this series I've seen them do an MG Sprite (Stirling Moss one), Golf GTi, Sierra Cosworth, Corvette, & a Skyline. Think that's it so far.
  13. Yep that is true but the one thing I remember at the time was thinking how the movements of the guy were so life like. Nothing like todays games but coming from a BBC tape computer etc it was amazing.
  14. Oh man I forgot all about desert strike!! Flash back city! Flashback was awesome, good call I just had a flashback remembering playing Flashback. That game was fantastic in it's day.
  15. ^^ Brilliant.
  16. You're wrong. Driving "like a bit of a dick" as you put it is cutting someone up, not indicating or hogging the middle lane on a motorway for example. He was driving with total disregard for the safety of himself or anyone else using that road. I wouldn't say line him up in front of a firing squad and shoot him but if he was to have a crash & die then I for one would say he deserved that.
  17. That's a very good point. Would be such a nuisance in winter without it.
  18. Pro ~ You will save maybe 14-15kg of weight. Con ~ You won't have air con, may slightly devalue your Zed come resale time and will regret it the first time it's really hot & you get stuck in a traffic jam.
  19. Love quad copters and I've seen a few (got one myself) but nothing like that. I don't know what's more amazing though: that's it's so fast or that someone can keep up with it to control it.
  20. Great stuff Stevo and nice videos. Why was nobody dressed up though? Would have been funny, ...you know some fake doctors or priests a la Cannonball style.
  21. The track is a lot smoother now Andy and provides some excellent grip levels imo. Hope you enjoy the track day.
  22. Bugger, ...I've put it in the envelope ready now.
  23. Right I just took my carbon fibre one off in the rain and have drawn around it for you, ...you better still want it. No charge just PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post for you tomorrow ZZZebady. Then when you've finished with it you could always post it on to veeg to help him out then too.
×
×
  • Create New...