Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Welcome aboard Jon. Can't help with your decision but all I'll say is the same as Coldel above "they go pop if poorly maintained like any engine". My Zed was a 2003 with 80K plus miles on it when I bought it originally, ...spent loads on it including having it supercharged to over 430Bhp when it was at around 92K miles odd. Sold it on and was still running great & on OEM clutch & flywheel I might add. If well maintained these cars can comfortably go well over the 100K miles mark and further.
  2. Yep small size I'm sure. If I remember rightly when I bought mine I phoned up Mishimoto UK to confirm before ordering, ...the guy assured me it was the big one & when it turned up it was way too big so had to send it back & wait for the small replacement one.
  3. I've used it before and other products too for fixing exhaust problems. In my experience they are all very short term fixes so be aware of that just like Kieran above mentions. Halfords do a few bandages/flexi wraps too which work fairly well combined with the exhaust gum on straight pipes or even back boxes if the flexi wrap is big enough. Link: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=exhaust+repair&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1
  4. Welcome aboard James. Nice looking Zed and that rear spoiler looks pretty good. Any rear pics?
  5. My guess would be that he didn't read the advert properly (as you did) and was trying to be funny. Just ignore him jharv95. Welcome aboard btw.
  6. GMballistic

    I need boost

    Just to bring this to your attention Tom in case it's of any interest to you. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106588-keysers-old-supercharged-zed-in-a-sorry-state/#entry1597976 Have a read.
  7. Maybe worth a PM to "Tomb" as he wants to go FI. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106582-i-need-boost/ You never know he might even be willing to put in a larger stake as that car has all the bits and more that you'd need for a decent FI supercharged build.
  8. Sold - thread locked
  9. Ahhh no probs modo, ...shame for zippypooz though. I'll lock that thread then to save you any unwanted PM's etc.
  10. GLWTS Will. Quality pieces.
  11. You could just use the old & trusted method of cable ties but failing that... Free one here if it's still available: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106505-free-undertay/#entry1596643 Otherwise I'd try a PM to zmanalex.
  12. Very nice Chan and some tasty mods by the looks of it.
  13. Couldn't agree more, ...such a shame to see your once great Zed like this. I hope whomever bought mine is looking after it. Yep if you've got the time & a place to store it whilst stripping it this is definitely going to make you money. Would also save you money if you wanted to go FI & have a good Zed as a base model *cough, cough, buy it Stu, cough*.
  14. Good to see you've found a lovely Zed to enjoy.
  15. Nice looking Zed and welcome aboard. Plenty of info on the forum so just have a look around, ...your questions may have already been asked & answered before.
  16. Welcome aboard James. Personally I wouldn't risk getting some cheap eBay radiator cap although the oil cap I can't see as being such an issue but still why risk it?! I bought a genuine Mishimoto radiator cap for my Zed when I had it & that was maybe £15 so not expensive. Plenty of options available for bling items etc from the professional traders on the forum. All found here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/93-professional-traders/
  17. Welcome aboard Andy. Enjoy the new ride.
  18. I'd guess they either didn't know the car and thought "pffft it's a Vauxhall, probably slow as poo!" so didn't bother racing you, ...or they did know the car & thought "yep, not going to bother racing that bathtub with an engine bolted on it as I've no chance!"
  19. Welcome aboard. Check out the Zeds for sale on the forum here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/
  20. Difficult to price exactly but I'd say private sale probably somewhere between £4.5K-£5.5K maybe with that mileage & the problems you've described. Welcome aboard.
  21. Don't ask. Will be sorted this year though even if it kills me. ...And I agree with some of the comments guys. Keysers old Zed would be a great buy for someone looking to go FI just for the parts list although it would be great to see someone buy this & get it back on the road. oooerrr - a welsh zed shed being set up Nowhere near "Zed shed" levels unfortunately Andy. My Zed lift is a trolley jack & four axle stands.
  22. Sold - thread locked
×
×
  • Create New...