Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. No one cares. I DO! So I don't care that no one cares!
  2. Off to Vegas on Monday :yahoo:
  3. Probably up through the arches into the engine bay and then into the cabin, there's quite a bit of room back there
  4. Is that because you smash the gearboxes up on them all with the constant missing of gears? Top gear. The be all and end all of car knowledge. I seem to remember they said that the ford fiesta would make a great landing craft for the marines? I wonder why they aren't using them yet...
  5. Isn't this a bit of a contradiction? You can't be a skilled driver AND crunch gears? They're the total opposite of each other. I've never crunched a gear in the Z and I wouldn't call myself a skilled driver by any means. I've had no advanced training, the Z is one of the most "exotic" manual cars I've ever driven and the box has never caused me any issues at all
  6. Don't you have some nice wheels for sale which are cheaper than that? Just need a colour change
  7. That's the diff bushing, you're fine
  8. so when you blip the throttle, do you have to over rev it to ensure you're at the right revs when you select the cog as they fall? I get (and try to do) heel toe, and I understand on paper why you'd double de clutch, but I've never driven anything older than mid nineties so I've never needed to actually understand it
  9. Yeah, the only time I ever do it is to keep the wheels lit if I run out of revs mid corner or something. Can't think of a legitimate reason to do it with a road car, I think it would put a lot of stress through the gearbox and clutch etc. Am I right in thinking this is how you double de clutch?! 1.Off throttle 2.dip the clutch and put select neutral 3.clutch out and blip throttle 4.press clutch and engage desired gear. 5. off clutch/on throttle
  10. It's fine, I was doing it in holland just before my clutch...... oh crap!
  11. Isn't that called either "flat shifting" or "driving"
  12. I have red at the moment, also had azure, green, ginger and yellow so far today
  13. Welcome to 8 minutes ago Welcome to shut upsville
  14. There's still some yellow on the green one I have to say though, it's a far better effort than I could have done
  15. Gunmetal is literally just a black and white picture
  16. 5 min?! I've been here for 2 days!
  17. *cough* Needs a BGW *cough* Love it, how do it sound?
  18. Is a ducktail like that with a BGW too much?! Nah it'll be ok
  19. :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: Love it. Love it all!
  20. Wouldn't it have to be the E92 BMW M3 Coupe? They're just under 20k now for the 2007 version, not really a huge fan of them, but for £20k thats a HUGE amount of bang for your buck!
  21. satsuma orange or black would be good. Black is quite common with that kit though because it was in a certain film like that.
  22. What colour will she be going?
  23. Not really performance wise, but if you're a manual guy there's a huge difference enjoyment wise. The Z gearbox is amazing in manual form, really nice and notchy. The Automatic is, well.... automatic!
  24. If you're a manual driver, hold out for the right one. There's nothing WRONG with an automatic 350z, but I think you might regret not waiting a few months down the line if you actually really want a manual. I know it's tough to hold out, but it will be worth it. The manual box is amazing IMO
  25. It could be many things, I'm thinking a respray in less than optimum conditions, maybe outside on a humid day, a lacquer repair or something. Ricey or Wasso should be able to point you in the right direction I know that Steve from Redline Styling had a paint specialist have a look at some issues with his cars paintworka while ago, maybe someone can analyse what it is for you, it could be expensive though
×
×
  • Create New...