Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Damnit! I wasn't a million miles off! On my second attempt
  2. I can imagine many countries are the same... however I can't use the OEM front tow hook on my Z without removing my number plate and Zee bracket and the Chargespeed rear rules out the rear tow hook... I'm always worried I'll get stranded if I brake down. Have you thought of tow straps? You can get them in red, and you can tuck them out of the way when not in use. Or just chance it as I guess something like that is only an issue if they pull you for something else first and notice it?
  3. Is it a G35 with celica headlights?!
  4. That's one wideee be-hind! Also to note, if you plan on driving in Germany I'd be careful with these tow hooks, I've not had experience myself, but apparently the German police don't like them as if you hit a pedestrian you're going to do a lot more damage with them (not that 1.5 tons of metal won't anyway ).
  5. Looks good! where did it come from? I'll be interested in seeing it sprayed up
  6. Why would a lithium batter go nuclear? That's like Saying wait until that tank of napalm behind you explodes in a petrol car. Driving around with 1) Tanks of acid under me which if leak will drain downwards onto the chassis leaving me time to get out of the car/start a small fire in an enclosed compartment which would again leave me time to get out of the car. OR 2) Essentially a bomb (engine) under my bonnet with boiling water and oil around it and its liquefied fuel pressurised in a tank bolted to the underside of the car which should it go wrong will explode... I think I'd prefer the acid thanks.
  7. I think that might be a G35 looking at the boot line, slightly still on topic, check out the hight of that truck near the fortune RX7!
  8. How are these the same red? I didn't say they are I was just offering an in stock alternative. However, you do realise they are designed to go in a place which is vulnerable to stones, grime and pulling 1.5 ton out of gravel pits right? I doubt the pretty finish will like too much of any of those?
  9. http://www.rhdjapan.com/sard-original-traction-tow-hook-11836
  10. Oh my! If only I wasn't broke I'd snap your arm off for this! GLWTS Matt i think me and you have jumped a gun Hes selling the OEM lsd NOT the cusco item Oh I was reading it on the bus and clearly didn't read it properly Maybe the price should have been the clue it was the standard one HAHA i got all excited to as its payday today o well VLSD skids it is then Keep off the drugs man
  11. Check out this news article, the Tesla actually broke some of the test equipment it is so strong and it is nearly impossible to flip over due to its battery locations. http://www.carthrottle.com/crash-tests-prove-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-too-damn-strong/ Personally I think this is awesome, and the cars will now probably sell themselves.
  12. Oh my! If only I wasn't broke I'd snap your arm off for this! GLWTS Matt i think me and you have jumped a gun Hes selling the OEM lsd NOT the cusco item Oh I was reading it on the bus and clearly didn't read it properly Maybe the price should have been the clue it was the standard one
  13. I thought some had more than 300bhp They do of course. But my point being is the 350z isnt the out and out sports car people think or want it to be. It's slower than most diesel barges and pseudo sports cars these days. Doesn't make it a bad thing as the 350 excels in many areas IMO especially the non tangible ones. Plus IMO its a purdy car. BUT don't kid your self into thinking you drive one of thr fastest things on the road as these is many many many things much much much faster than the Z. So if you want to talk about "going fast" then you should have bought a faster more concentrated car. You must have awful driving skills if you think a diesel barge is quicker. Yes its not an out and out sports car but it is still 'fast'. Its quicker than 9 out of 10 cars on the road so therefore it comes under the fast category. Ha! A fast diesel! What's next? Women having the vote? Abolishing slavery? It's all relative, the BMW 330D, Merc C350, Audi A4 3 litre diesel, Jag 3.0 diesel S are all close to the 5.7 0-60 of the 350 whereas the BMW 535D has a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds. None of those cars will handle badly and will hold their own in the corners. Ok, they will never be as fun to drive, and they cost more, but they would certainly put up a very good fight against the zed. Maybe you're just a driving god and should be in a race paddock somewhere Reason for edit: Fixing smiley
  14. AliveBoy

    Fuel caps

    What, like this: Which just for completeness, comes from this:
  15. Oh my! If only I wasn't broke I'd snap your arm off for this! GLWTS
  16. Yes, though there isn't that much choice of rear bumpers unless you are looking at veilside. I have to really think what skirts I want as I can't go too low. I really like the smooth look so would like a skirt that sits flush but no too low to contradict myself, there's a thread which RT did which had the Chargespeed skirts with the vents smoothed out, and to be fair, they looked really good. They could be a good option, however I'm not sure how low they are.
  17. RT must mostly sell the Chargespeed rear, sides and/or side steps combination!
  18. Personally I'd say don't do it. Go for real carbon covers on yours. Aftermarket wing mirrors on a 350z look cheap, be it Gandor, M3 or F1 style or whatever else you find.
  19. I went to autosport to try them all out too! I highly recommend Corbeau as they do different hights and widths etc. I'm very tall and skinny, so had to get a taller seat as otherwise the base of my skull was the same height as the top of the seat, in an impact I'd have a broken neck. I also had issues with where my shoulders were in relation to the harness slots. Don't just go for the cheapest seat, go for one in budget which fits you nicely, and make sure someone with training helps you as they will spot things you won't.
  20. AliveBoy

    Wheel spacers

    Answers in red
  21. I've got a corbeau forza sport with a corbeau 350z specific base mount frame with a manual adjustment. It's supportive has good bolstering and also has a slot for when I add a 5th strap to my harness.
  22. Are you mad? sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk I agree with him, I hate the way it leans forwards. Love the car otherwise though!
  23. A British based company is always a plus for me
  24. also, tell her to give it a wipe, as it will look a lot better. That looks fresh so still has the powder on the top. A bit of road grime will make it nion invisible.
×
×
  • Create New...