Jetpilot
Members-
Posts
7,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Jetpilot
-
They have I personally think the double points in the last race is the least of F1's worries, i will echo what most have eluded to this season, get some decent tyres on these cars and see who is the quickest driver or who has the quickest car, not, who can set their car up the best to suit the tyres! Prediction for the season: Hamilton hopefully, if not, Alonso, Kimmi or Rosberg. Anyone want to give me some odds on Vettel not winning? They should reduce the aero They have No they have reduced the wing size, I guarantee you that the cars at the first race will have all that aero reduction back, wind tunnels run 24h a day... They have done a bit more than just that Aero: Front wing 75mm narrower, front chassis height 75mm lower, maximum nose tip height 185mm (550mm today!), no exhaust blowing due to centre-exit exhaust, rear wing 20mm lower and no lower rear wing element at all - estimated 30-40 per cent less downforce overall
-
They have I personally think the double points in the last race is the least of F1's worries, i will echo what most have eluded to this season, get some decent tyres on these cars and see who is the quickest driver or who has the quickest car, not, who can set their car up the best to suit the tyres! Prediction for the season: Hamilton hopefully, if not, Alonso, Kimmi or Rosberg. Anyone want to give me some odds on Vettel not winning?
-
My car is lowered and had no problems with Hunter Laser Alignment set up, just find someone who uses that equipment
-
More changes here: Engine longevity: Drivers can only use FIVE engines per season instead of today's EIGHT engines. Drivers who use a sixth engine will start from the pit lane; the changing of individual parts, such as turbochargers, sees a 10-place grid penalty imposed Penalty points: New penalty system imposed - drivers who accumulate 12 points will serve a one-race ban Aero: Front wing 75mm narrower, front chassis height 75mm lower, maximum nose tip height 185mm (550mm today!), no exhaust blowing due to centre-exit exhaust, rear wing 20mm lower and no lower rear wing element at all - estimated 30-40 per cent less downforce overall Energy recovery: KERS out: ERS in (twice the power - 160hp - for 33 seconds)
-
Seems like there is a bit of info out there inc a swap out http://www.performancecar.co.nz/articles/2004-nissan-350z-night-crawler-137
-
After reading the thread linked to the Supra Forum i wouldnt roll over on this one mate, seems there are plenty of other threads too, driftworks, sxoc, piston heads etc
-
Ah ok, your talking on line, never really play on line, prefer the campaigns
-
What do you mean camping or am i just being daft?
-
Nice Azure Zed, some interesting 'choice' mods
Jetpilot replied to 14N's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
I am pretty sure its a Sanai-D wing -
Nice Azure Zed, some interesting 'choice' mods
Jetpilot replied to 14N's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
I would have that spoiler in a heartbeat for track work, very very rare jdm goodness, but cant remember the make -
I havent played much with wheel diameters on the zed yet but did on my rx7's, 16" stock rim to 19". 17" was by the far the nicest feel (could get wider tyres than stock 16's), 18's felt ok but different to 17's and 19's were just shocking, it made the whole car feel cumbersome and lethargic and the ride suffered too as was having to run such low profiles. Docwra, surely rolling radius should remain the same if correct profiles are run to counter the increase in wheel size, surely we are only talking 7mm? Currently looking for a decent set of light weight 18's as after taking the car on track with 19's i am sure it will feel better
-
Plenty of that style around mate, Work Rezax, Work VS XX, Wed Kranze ERM, Volks SF Winnings which i may just have a set for sale very soon in the 19" variety, perfect zed fitment
-
Get new barrels with a lovely stepped lip dish for your Meister centres buddy, a timeless wheel imho I had kept my Work Rezax from my 7 for the 350, but ended up keeping the 19's it came with as the 18's look a little lost imho.
-
I think Kerry has run for the hills or at least gone off to buy an import Another disadvantage to jdm is you obviously miss that enormous sense of well being you have if you own a UK zed
-
Its actually quite naive (due to cost) but also flattering that the 350 is being compared to Boxsters, M3's, Z4M's etc
-
I guess i am in the minority when it comes to handling too, i think the zed is pretty good, after coming from rx7's which are well respected for their handling i didnt think it was to far away, steering feel is good, feels very planted, you notice the extra weight obviously especially when trying to make quick direction changes, that was with 19's though which doesnt help. Decent set of coilovers and some 18's and it would take another step forward in the handling stakes
-
Baryonyx certainly has a hatred towards the Zed then, i have replied Also asked at the bottom what 350 model did he own to get such a dislike for the engine
-
Incredible to think there was ever a film centred around modified jap cars and believe part of its success was down to Paul Walker, a relative unknown at the time. RIP.
-
Oh no, here we go again Imports do not cost more on insurance or should i say, not in a lot of cases, all depends which company you go to Pick the right JDM and there is no discernible difference apart from perhaps leather and cruise control, but even some jdm's have them. Imho as long as you get a jdm with Brembos that is all that would bother me. Plus you get some benefits the UK cars dont have as Billyzed mentions + i have heard the jdm's have firmer dampening on the suspension although i have not had this is not confirmed
-
Thought there may be a little interest to the masses here http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28949
-
Couldnt be any easier, undo the bolts, remove centre, take barrels to a metal polishing firm, reassemble, so much easier than a one piece wheel
-
I have read that (and although makes no sense to me) on some of the US sites that if you heat wrap tape them it will eliminate rasp, its no bad thing either, keeping the exhaust gases hotter means a quicker exit from the engine
-
massively different insurance costs. The cars are 'worth less' only by virtue of the buying publics phobia of them It would seem with those two statements you are only perpetuating myths you read on the web. I bought a zed not 6 months ago, i viewed many, jdm and uk cars, from ebay, gumtree, autotrader, pistonheads etc and from very real first hand very recent experience i can tell you, hand on heart, there is not a lot of difference between price and quality of either cars and insurance is a few quid here or there either way. It would seem you are selectively quoting what I've said to reinforce your point and to patronise me. That will not end well. I haven't perpetuated anything. I clearly said 'the general publics misplaced fear...... ' - nothing to do with my own opinion. But if you want my opinion I'll give it - I would never pay the same for an import as I would UK car. You know why.......because when I sell it I'll have to deal with the very same problem. Nothing to do with the myths that are attached to them. I can tell you after 3 years of these endless pissing threads and watching literally 100's of cars change hands.......Imports enlarge sell for less. Period. The fact you paid full whack for one is the exception to the 'enlarge' that I've caveated that statement with. The fact is that MOST people who buy cars are ill informed about the so called foibles of an import and as such will not buy or will pay less for an import. It's no coincidence that 10 of the 15 lowest priced zed's in the country on autotrader are imports. Firstly i would hope the, it will not end well, is not some kind of threat? I have tried to keep opinion far from this and just tried to present the topic with facts, which just support my recent findings. I am not talking about 3, 2 or 1 years worth ago, i am talking about now, recent times from first hand experience of buying and looking at a fair few zeds. The insurance topic has been well discussed and most peoples findings are not as you say, massively different, as long as a decent insurer is contacted. I will not disagree, imports can and will be found cheaper than uk, but, spec on those is usually far lower than uk, no brembos, poor alloys. I would also suggest the public doesnt have a misplaced fear or there would simply be no import market, but that is personal opinion of course. I have no idea why you think i paid full whack for my jdm when you have no idea what i paid, personally i thought it was a positive bargain with mileage, spec, history and extras
-
massively different insurance costs. The cars are 'worth less' only by virtue of the buying publics phobia of them It would seem with those two statements you are only perpetuating myths you read on the web. I bought a zed not 6 months ago, i viewed many, jdm and uk cars, from ebay, gumtree, autotrader, pistonheads etc and from very real first hand very recent experience i can tell you, hand on heart, there is not a lot of difference between price and quality of either cars and insurance is a few quid here or there either way. Just did a quote £300 for my UK, £540 for Import. Not hating on JDM's as I said earlier on in this post its swings and round abouts as you buy cheap then sell cheap. What you mean comparison sites didnt like imports, shock & horror I am presuming you havent bought a Zed recently either, may have been the case a few years ago but it wasnt as of 6 months ago