Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. Would love a nice classic project, if i had the time and cash and space (although not a classic) i would like to do another Rx7 build, but it would be from the ground up so i wasnt completely paranoid of things going wrong, best of the best parts wise but still staying twin turbo
  2. 911 is a squashed Beetle, Scirrocco is a golf in a petty coat, a pretty petty coat though You seem to have a bit of a thing for Vauxhalls, why dont you buy one? I wouldn't mind a Monaro V8, whats wrong with that? Sent from the golf club... Nothing, did i say there was? Why would a kid be bothered what is under the bonnet of a 12 year old car :shrug; "No officer I was not racing I was snaking away" Sent from the golf club... Whats the year got to do with it?
  3. If you click into the ad, it actually states they're selling a pair! Personally I'd say that's quite cheeky! Apologies, saw a pic of 4, didnt read the description.
  4. These guys have a cheap set in white: http://japwestmods.co.uk/
  5. 911 is a squashed Beetle, Scirrocco is a golf in a petty coat, a pretty petty coat though You seem to have a bit of a thing for Vauxhalls, why dont you buy one?
  6. Well I was close Best race for years, arguably the 2 best riders over the last 10 years head to head, just a shame Stoner wasnt around. If the rest of the season is like that, we are in for a treat
  7. Happy birthday Matt
  8. Jetpilot

    Rotagrids

    Always a shed load on driftworks and ebay
  9. Most of the traders can supply you Rotas/Varrstoen for around your budget, or keep scouring classifieds for 2nd hand jdm rims, work, volks, weds etc etc 19" would be the flavour of choice i would go for
  10. Tough call today i think: Marquez Bautista Pedrosa or Smith
  11. Shame Aleix chucked in down the road twice in qualifying. Interesting to hear that if you have a win, or 2 2nds or 3 3rds in the open class you get a fuel cut for the rest of season, also didnt know it was the factory teams who decided on the rules for the open class! Awesome Bradley qualified 2nd ahead of Lorenzo, lets see what the race holds as its a real mix up at the sharp end.
  12. Its a "buy it now" for £80 , It was, but someone put a bid on so the buy it now goes!
  13. I would say being made by the same company is pretty much the closest relation you could get and pretty much the best endorsement that the same company supply F1 and probably the worlds fastest production car! I am not really sure what more you could ask for with regard to reputation!
  14. Shame would have that if it wasnt collection only. I know it can be a pain to package things up but you really limit your options with collection only
  15. They are in Ferndown, not a trading garage but so helpful for Zed owners, drop Keyser or Buster a message, they might be able to diagnose your problem and point you in the right direction at the very least.
  16. Is Dorset to far, the boys at the zed shed would probably cast an eye over it for you
  17. Weird isn't it? In the work car park I get comments like, "How much of a wedge must you be on?" from people driving 2 year old, 5 series Beamers Pop 2 seats out and people think you're a millionaire. When I first got my zed I was filling up in my local garage, the staff generally recognise you and the woman on the till said, when did you win the lottery, I asked her what she meant as i genuinely thought wtf is she on about, she pointed to the zed and this a garage 4 miles away from one of most expensive places to live in the uk where super and hyper cars are seen on a daily basis!
  18. The black ones, Yeah saw those, but not into black...fussy sod.... Easy to change to whatever you want
  19. There is a set of 19" lmgt4 on ebay at the moment, £700 start bid.
  20. Well, not much seems to have changed, I watched the season preview on bt sport, pretty good although I did fast forward through neil hodgson part Qualifying seemed the same, just with Huewen in place of Moody. Pleased to report Melanie Sykes is looking good, older but good and looks like she has had a couple of large new additions Some other chats with people in the know, Toseland, Bird etc, look forward to race day! P.s the Esperagro brothers are quick
  21. The Maclaren P1 uses Akebono brakes, hopefully thats enough testament
  22. I dont think I could agree the handling is poor, they are very precise to drive, but as someone else mentions they would be at the bottom of the list to own one! Whoever mentioned the only person who buys one only does because they cant afford a 911 is on the money, well certainly round my way, I have had two mates openly admit they would have 911's if they could afford them, being they wanted current models. One of said friends bought a brand new Boxster S, £42k, around 03 ish, for months he went on about how fast it was, handling, flat 6 noise etc, coupled with the usual its much faster than my jap hairdryer (rx7 stage 1 tunning), 8 months in we all went on a golf trip down in Devon, a few cars went inc him and me, suffice to say I never heard a peep out of him about his Boxster again
  23. Keep looking at V2's and cant work out whether i like them or not, on some cars they look awesome, on others not so
  24. "But why Vettel's RB10 was the sole Red Bull hit with problems remains a mystery to team boss Christian Horner." I wonder if last year was a mystery too when Webbers car had numerous issues? I am not sure if anyone is in the know, but was the fia sensor causing running issues, or just inaccurate?
  25. I am not really sure what you mean by standard spacers but I would hazard a guess Stevo is on the money and the centres have been put in the wrong barrels, possibly. If the fronts fit with spacers and the rears stick to far out, it would certainly explain the issues. If you take the wheels off only (nothing else) and photo front and rear hub, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the problem.
×
×
  • Create New...