Jetpilot
Members-
Posts
7,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Jetpilot
-
Thanks for the confirmation buddy, i also have them, very happy with them but ideally looking for some progressive for track use.
-
A pet hate of mine at the moment is when waiting to turn right out of a junction and there is an oncoming car so you wait rather than be impatient and pull out in front of them and then 1 to 1.5 metres from the junction they indicate and turn left, grrrrr, even though they see you waiting, it seems to be more and more common these days. Like Grundy said, its not so much bad driving, but people seem to go into their own little world and are completely oblivious to other road users and awareness of them!
-
That is the only blessing I've been able to take from the whole thing, although if it was a few years down the line and she told me, I reckon I could just let it go The worst part is that after giving absolutely all I could for her, she couldn't give me a reason why she did it. And then wasn't even willing to try and fight for me to still go over there, so it was just so obvious that I wasn't wanted for whatever reason and decided to stay in the UK Would any reason she gave you make you feel any better about the situation, I seriously doubt it, in the past I pushed for answers and not liked what I found out! In reality it also doesnt matter, as you say, anyone than can do that to someone isnt worthy of what you have to offer! When you meet someone else you will think, thank god I didnt move to Canada
-
A tentative for sale thread whilst i get these stripped down, lips professionally repolished and i have a hunt around for something else. 19" 9.5" rears ET+17 8.5" fronts ET+25 Perfect Zed fitment, a link with some other photos gauging how they sit! http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79656-all-encompassing-wheel-size-offset-thread/ Centres currently sprayed House of Kolor Kandy Purple, photos dont quite do them justice, imagine the purple quality street wrapper in bright sunlight. Personally i think these would work on any colour, except maybe ginger. The gentlemen at the Zed Shed have seen them in the flesh and they voted favourably As is, with freshly polished lips and reassembled in immaculate condition £1200 The kicker, whilst stripped down it would be really easy to get the centres repainted, so if they float your boat but not the colour i can get them done any colour you like from any manufacturers standard paint charts for £200 extra. If you dont like polished lips, i could also get them sprayed. Personally i dont like powder coat for on show finishes hence the reason for wet spraying. An example in another colour
-
And with airbags in the first photo i doubt wheel/tyre combo makes much of a difference anyway
-
He must have put in his diamond studs after the race as you are not allowed to race with any jewellery not even a watch, due the risk of fire. I wonder what advertising genius came up the with the idea of having a watch printed on their race gloves
-
350z Do Luck style**Full Kit** £899
Jetpilot replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
I have one pretty similar in carbon for not a lot if your interested -
I know I should support British companies but good god those wheels are hideous!
-
350z Do Luck style**Full Kit** £899
Jetpilot replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Will hopefully be down soon to see the wheel specialist in ferndown and can have a chin wag about it then aswell I hear good things about their refurbs -
350z Do Luck style**Full Kit** £899
Jetpilot replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Never seen that kit, very subtle in a good way, nice wheels even if i do say so myself -
Watched a bit of the team principal press conference this morning on sky, i kind of picked it up half way through and guess the question being thrown around was about complaints surrounding the engines and general popularity particularly with the yoofs of today. I have no idea who the dude was, but in a nutshell he was saying, the yoofs of today have so much entertainment at their finger tips, coupled with the fact most drivers are characterless individuals without personalities and are just pr groomed unemotional drones, how can the kids relate to them and therefore the sport? Adding to that the sheer cost of attending a F1 event or to even consider wanting to do any form of racing is way beyond most of the population. He didnt mention it but you have to herald Nissan for their GT Academy, taking kids from playing xbox/playstation to actually driving race cars! I must admit last year when sky did a small feature with hamilton and rosberg twatting around on jetskis i felt much more akin to them, they were just having a laugh and a joke, the kind of thing i would do with mates! His theory was we should see more of them as themselves, features or programmes were people can try and relate to them Maybe thats why the stars of xgames etc are such heros, you just see them being themselves doing what they enjoy, if they loose in whatever discipline sometimes you see them kicking off, sometimes having a laugh with whoever beat them, food for thought?? Sadly he also mentioned the engines and this will be the way of the world, small capacity turbo'd engines coupled with hybrid tech, f1 is just the provng ground for them to get to grips. Whilst it may not make for good audio, hopefully we might benefit in the long run??
-
Very true, I'd do almost anything for a set of these! If Meister R are still doing their deal you could pick up a brand new set of decent widths 18's for £1200 or there abouts I am with Waltzinblack, whilst i dont think they look dreadful, they do nothing for me
-
You just got to love that torque graph
-
I have a list of things I would like to do to the car, after ploughing any spare cash and loading up credit cards on previous rx7's I am now really cautious and try to keep my eye open for 2nd hand, so unless its an essential (tyres, maintenance etc) my spending is only if the right item comes available and usually have a little saved for that eventuality. This month I have bought some track wheels and nismo s tune shocks, but for 3 to 4 months previous I bought nothing. There a few asthetic enhancements I would like to do but really struggle to jutisfy the spending, so unless I have a good month or two at work (self employed) I am happy with the car as it stands, which I have to say, is a novelty to me and a lovely position to be in. If i see a bargain though i cant resist, just found some tyres i really cant afford but ltd numbers available so will save in the long run man maths at its best
-
Good wheels but without spacers they look lost in arches, hence why people change over to a set either wider or with a better offset. Completely agree as I want to get a set of 30/25 spacers for my own. But performance wise I'm guessing they are pretty decent. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk There are a few wheels out there that come in the same weights (near as damn it) but wider and lower offsets. I've done a fair bit of research into this. If you're after lightweight but wider/better offset there are few options and they sure as hell aren't cheap. The Rays really are terribly light. There are quite a few options that are a bit lighter in the same size, but I haven't found any 19s that are lighter, and 18s with nicer offsets are mostly the same weight or a tiny bit more - a nicer offset means more weight as I understand. The Enkei RPF1s are a decent bet, but fairly pricey for most and they look pretty dreadful, especially on a Zed. Volk TE37/TE37SL look great on a Zed, and are just about lighter than the Rays in 18 with nice offsets. They are very expensive and 19s are heavier though. My long term plan is to replace with 18 inch Volk TE37, to go wider and allow a little more rubber (275/285 at the back, probably the same on front). The te37 in the same spec as rays are just over half a kilo lighter, that is a fair bit in wheel terms, but your bang on with 19's plus your carrying round a considerably heavier tyre. Racing Sparco Viper R's are about the lightest wheel i know of I would also say 275 is way over tyred for the front
-
Always wanted an Rd500, the boys at the local yam garage apparently still have a handful in crates
-
Hi all, does anyone know if the Apex springs are progessive like Eibachs or Teins?
-
Good wheels but without spacers they look lost in arches, hence why people change over to a set either wider or with a better offset. Completely agree as I want to get a set of 30/25 spacers for my own. But performance wise I'm guessing they are pretty decent. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk There are a few wheels out there that come in the same weights (near as damn it) but wider and lower offsets.
-
Almost had a car done in Nimbus grey, but from memory be very careful, i think its an Audi colour and they offered different variations, i got some rattle cans mixed up from a paint supplier with a few colour options and the nimbus grey one i got was very bluey/green, ive got the code somewhere if you want it
-
whats decent money? whats decent money? That is the burning question for people to be able to make some recommendations. 19's will look no worse than 18's if not lowered, better lowered of course on both counts
-
I go to their rallyday every year there, it looks utter carnage I have done a couple of days at Combe though, one was hideous, lesson learned, never book a track day on a friday before a race meeting and the other day was superb, they put me and mates in one group to ourselves, Combe just for us
-
Are you sure he is not burying donuts for later
-
Absolutely and if your prospective is Vauxhalls are better, go get one, join the vauxhalls owners forum and share your passion with "like minded" owners
-
No, but we must be very pc on here and not suggest the 350z is better than other cars it would seem, particularly Vauxhalls So to sum up, Vauxhalls have plenty to offer, the VXR range is particularly good, probably faster and more desirable than our ageing Datsuns and Monaros arent really Vauxhalls they are holdens, in case anyone feels like trying to be a badge snob. One thing i should mention, with knowing that i still bought a 350z and joined THE 350Z FORUM
-
Massive fail on every level I would say and not just the standard of driving or track etiquette. By the looks of the cars going through in the 2nd video I would also say it was a badly run track day, any day I have been on and the organisers try to put in the most part similarly paced cars out in the same group were possible. First thing in any track day brief, this is not a race!