Jetpilot
Members-
Posts
7,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Jetpilot
-
I heard on the news yesterday the families of the 3 teenage girls that fled to Syria are blaming Mi5 for not doing enough to stop them.
-
And what is the compromise? I think the systems available now from what I have seen (not experienced to be far) are so good, I don't think there really is any? They have come a long way tbf. Compromises, cost, geometry set up, adjustability (dampening etc) i guess there is a reason most race cars run springs and shocks
-
I understand airride on vip rides, form over function and all that, but not on a sports coupe. I know that may sound hypocritical from a guy running 19's with poke and stretch but they are easily swapped for track days. Personally it would be too much of a compromise for me.
-
MOT Passed. - Didn't expect these advisories though
Jetpilot replied to KosmiK's topic in 350Z General
Wait for the sounding better than Ferrari's and Lamborghini's comments -
The first time i went to Castle Combe we all had an excellent day, so we thought we would go back, the 2nd time we went there it was absolute carnage and left shortly after lunch. Both days were booked through the circuit so no different organisers to blame. Lessons learned: Do not book a track day before a race weekend, lots of race cars out testing even though their website states track days are for road vehicles not race cars! Also because of the race cars the the groups were over their maximum stated out on the track at any one time. Couldnt have been a lot of fun for the race cars either tbf. One guy was thrown off first session for overtaking in the braking zone (on me), one second i am off the brakes and turning in and the next the guy was up the inside of me, was pretty sketchy as was carrying the speed for the corner and suddenly had nowhere to go except straight on and run off track. First day was excellent though, they had matched cars performance into relevant groups, group sizes were about right and a very relaxed calm atmosphere, just people enjoying their cars and having fun
-
Weasel on Woodpecker.....not porn lol
Jetpilot replied to Kraziekatz1's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Go weasel There is an old saying, its not the size of a dog in a fight, its the size of flight in the dog -
Lovely bit of kit, but what a price tag!!!
-
They would be a tight squeeze, front and rear, especially if they dont clear Brembos
-
MOT Passed. - Didn't expect these advisories though
Jetpilot replied to KosmiK's topic in 350Z General
I know the Zed sounds good, but in fairness, some "modified" cars are just ridiculously loud and sound tragic. Where i was working recently a lad in a basic Civic had the most excessively loud exhaust, you could hear him start up a mile down the road and once moving it was worse, sad to say had i lived in that road i would have definitely made a complaint. -
MOT Passed. - Didn't expect these advisories though
Jetpilot replied to KosmiK's topic in 350Z General
It Is actually, but you would have to find a pretty officious tester to want to fail you. http://www.mot-test.net/mock-test/exhaust-system/ -
I was at work today, in and out of a house where i was laying a laminate floor. My mate was outside and shouted in, mate there is vehicle licensing agency taking pictures of your van. So i am came out and the guy said is that your Toyota, i said yes and he replied its not taxed and declared sorn. I had a chat and said i am convinced it is i recently changed to direct debit i will have a look on my phone, i found the email and showed him and he said thats for a Nissan (my 350), i looked again and couldnt find anything. I apologised and said i feel sure i did this etc and he said, i have the power to clamp it and have it impounded and fine you, but, just take it home, get it off the road and get it taxed. I guess i genuinely forgot What a nice guy A question though, if you dont tax a vehicle is it automatically sorn, i thought you had to do this? I have had no reminders to one or the other etc
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
Personally i think that front end is absolutely hideous, ridiculously bulbous and with so many angles and lines, flutes and openings, it just looks like a mess, it doesnt flow at all. I never realised they cost that much too Clarkson was pretty much on the money if you ask me, if your taking on the likes of M3's, Mercs etc, its going to have to match it or thereabouts and what he said about the Lfa struck a cord. If Lexus can make something as epic as that, how did at least some of that pedigree not get handed down. I am not talking about exotic materials etc, just something that handles and performs well!
-
Absolutely Would have to have my Lfa first though
-
I get that, but, just asking the masses here, do the laws not need changing to protect innocent civillians, its not about human rights.
-
There is also a common theme it seems, all these people seem known to authorities, all involved in France and this bloke. I suppose this is a positive, BUT, they all seem to be able to slip the net, so on that basis do we not need to introduce a LOT stronger laws to be able to punish these people for their involvement? And what is all the fuss about these 3 girls who have gone to Syria, great imho, 3 less jihadists over here, i truly hope they have their eyes opened to the lifestyle they have chosen and thats being diplomatic
-
Tbh, to split them down, polish lips, spray/powdercoat centres its not a 5 min job, £800 is a little steep though, min of £100 a wheel imho.
-
Careful you dont get arrested and banged up Stop trying to scare Bobby Jetpilot as: Not illegal to own flares and as long as it just sits in his car (more as a novelty item) then it won't cause any problems. I was hoping the wink at the end would mean the sarcasm was detected, along with my other posts on the subject
-
Careful you dont get arrested and banged up
-
The above has already been linked, I gave it 15 mins reading and started think, what do I actually care what they believe, their still barbaric scum. I heard on my local news a 22 year old IT worker with no military training has gone to train with Kurdish forces to fight ISIS because he is so outraged at their methods.
-
I am with gm on this, under normal circumstances I am very very passive, in most cases I will walk away from violence, but some things will bring out the worse in me, people like this for example. Life imprisonment, with literally enough food/water to just about survive, no bed, no toilet, no window, give him a little to think
-
I went to see the last one by boat, we were about 12 miles offshore, there were loads of boats out, it was pretty eerie when it all went dark and you could no longer see the other boats.
-
I would imagine you still bolt in your std seat belt mount to hold this in place. Would it not be easier to weld in eyelets for harness buckles rather than worry about position to wrap around?
-
I will try to explain better, that just tells what you need to start the application, not whats required to get taxed. Both below say you still need insurance. https://online.postoffice.co.uk/webApp/CarTax http://ask.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/help/car_insurance/tax_without_cert I guess i will find out