Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. Jetpilot

    Exhaust Db's

    Wow, sure its not electric Lee
  2. What does the fact that the presenter is a homosexual have to do with it? I reported this post a few days back so refrained from saying something in the vein hope something would be said to you about it. Apparently not. If you're such a bigoted homophobe that you can't watch a programme which features someone who's gay that's your issue, not the programmes. You don't need to bring it into the general forum for all to see. You could have quite frankly said "I watched the jump and it was crap" In my absence Ekona has answered pretty well unwittingly (disturbingly too as generally we dont see eye to eye). I didnt turn off because i am a "bigoted homophobe". I just have zero interest in watching a man camp about, scream, dance and constantly make reference to the fact he is homosexual...like we need reminding!!! On the very basis he freely admits and makes constant reference to his sexuality and campness, why shouldnt I?? He is a homosexual, he is overly camp and was/is overly excited, it is a statement of fact, nothing more! I have been in the company of homosexuals before, some you wouldnt even know, some it was blatantly obvious, however stereotypical it is, when i had hair, my hairdresser was a very camp gay, i nicknamed him Big Gay Al (southpark) he found it hysterical. There is no reason why being gay makes you camp, makes your voice change or anything else associated with liking c**k, so why make such a fuss about it, but it does annoy me to have it thrust in my face, just like religion for example (not literally) The very man in question!
  3. Just been doing some reading, i didnt know its an app you can get, looks like you can display loads of info, might have a play on my tab before i take plunge.
  4. Be interested to know more when you have had a chance to play around to what can be displayed, i.e can it display oil/water temps or just mirror the instruments/clocks etc
  5. Jetpilot

    Exhaust Db's

    Good idea also, but was thinking about testing equipment/methods at certain tracks as i am sure they will all differ slightly on both counts. Reason behind the thinking was i read a post earlier and someone mentioned Thruxton, they are 90db @ .5 metre (seems std distance) but at 3/4 revs (5250rpm), Combe is 4500 rpm . I would love to do Thruxton again but think a std Zed would struggle to hit that. Just an idea, more info the better i guess To kick it off: Castle Combe: 100db max @ 4500rpm from .5 metre 03 De with HKS True Dual std Cats 94db Would be very interested to know what a std car is
  6. Jetpilot

    Exhaust Db's

    Thinking it may be interesting/helpful to put up some db readings for different exhaust set up's as there are quiet a few track enthusiasts on here. So if you have some db readings from track days, perhaps list your set up, test criteria and what track.
  7. 90db @ 3/4 revs , dont think even a std 350 exhaust would get through that, which Is a great pity as its a fantastic circuit
  8. I like that, do you get actually end up with things like, revs, temp, speed (real time data) etc displayed or just fault codes?
  9. Jetpilot

    I give you....

    I think it looks gorgeous, especially the rear but then i thought i thought the 458 was stunning I guess most of it is functional and a result of improved areo
  10. It all depends what you use the car for MrChow, all opinions above are valid. If its a daily I wouldnt want anything other than oem, if its a weekend toy with track use perhaps light fly but unless your chasing big power/forced induction I wouldnt go near an uprated clutch.
  11. James May stopped as he was just proving that the GTR was fastest off the line I managed to work that out I meant the actually drag race +1 - any guru's care to explain? Would the M6 and Bently really beat the GTR? I get the feeling that wasnt over a 1/4 of a mile, so maybe over a longer distance the bigger engines just had more grunt, taller gearing perhaps? Plus Its got a fair bit less torque could be a possibility.
  12. I would have flushed out the rear wiper as well as badges You can beat a smooth ass
  13. Cant quite get my head around how quick 2.5 tonnes of Bentley was and 3 million acres of farm!!
  14. Hydrodipping looks pretty glossy to me
  15. A spare hour and thought I would put the new show The Jump on. It lasted 8 mins and was presented with an overly excited, overly camp homosexual, TG will be positively superb after that 8 minutes.
  16. Tonights sounds good, a road trip in 3 GT cars
  17. Would imagine a 2nd hand set are easily found and cheap, have some myself if your interested
  18. Still available
  19. The hydrodipped centre consul photo above would drive me mad, all the "weave effect" running off in different angles to each other. Piano black satisfies my ocd
  20. Personally i am with Jimmy Carr on the last few posts content Plus I also have no idea what this thread is about
  21. Its mind blowing to me that even though we would die if we went there, nature continues on..... Maybe thats something to do with these post apocalyptic films we see where its just baron landscapes. I think there is too much trying to control nature to suit our lifestyles, this was caused by a natural event and nature is the only one who prevails.
  22. Awesome weight for a 19" wheel
  23. So not the same as the op is looking at 9.5's
  24. It is an interesting point mentioned that if everyone choose to go to court and how it would clog the system.
  25. Not if its got a poor chassis and a shed load of weight Each to their own though, dont ever see a Z having a V8 when their fastest car runs a V6.
×
×
  • Create New...