Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. Would have to be a Rx7 for me at Bathurst as i had one of the Bathurst editions to celebrate Mazdas win there
  2. Probably one of the highest things on my bucket list, but, would have to be on a bike
  3. Most track days have fully qualified ARDS instructors on hand free of charge, if not for a small fee. Granted it wont be intense as you will probably only get them for a session and they are more there to help you with lines, braking points etc I have taken the opportunity a couple of times and it seems if they feel confident will give you a few pointers beyond the above, i managed to get Danny Watts a good few years ago and he was excellent, he gave me loads of confidence in my abilities and the cars, there was a corner where i really thought i was on the limit and he suggested if i felt comfortable i could go faster, next lap i tried what he was suggesting and it felt even better and more in control.
  4. I was just thinking exactly the same. You are absolutely right of course and even as fan I wouldnt wish any blame towards the producer, however much I feel the situation between 2 men could have resolved far more amicably, dare I say simply. However and not from my part, he Is going to be one hated man. I wonder If they will do the last few episodes, could be a possibility?
  5. I thought it was 650cc per rotor making it a 1.3 Basically yeah, Its something like 638cc per rotor, thats what is mentioned in a rx7 handook. In terms of cc Its correct but swept area gives it the equivalent of a 2.6.
  6. It would only be the occasional seat when his regular navigator cant make it, maybe once or twice a year at best. Not sure i can quite get to grips with having my head buried in notes whilst he is flat out, been out a couple of times with him at the Rally Day at Combe, whilst i have every faith in him, its quite disturbing
  7. Which one you got Ards, Arks or Bars Was the test pretty easy? My mate keeps offering an occasionally navigator seat in the rally series he does, but never got round to doing the test.
  8. Seems a bit like they are trying too hard to have a rapport but a reasonable watch with some interesting features. Just cant gel with that Alex Riley though.
  9. Here is most likely your best bet to buy the above and similar: http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/18-wheels/veilside-andrew-racing-v/
  10. Dammed if they do, dammed if they dont, its a very fair point. I do think they have to accept some responsibility though, whilst he might have made "comments" and "deliberately gone out of his way to upset a nation", they aired said programmes, if they were that concerned that such actions were un pc, they should have pulled that programme or edited the "slope" comment out of that episode. The comments surrounding management of their star is interesting, i am a keen cricket fan and there was so much fracas surrounding Kevin Pieterson (arguably their best player) who eventually got the boot, but all the ex commentator players put it down to bad management, but now there is rumour of his return, because the English side is currently pretty shocking. Not everyone can be a media darling, i frequently read comments surrounding just how dull F1 and its drivers are, there is a reason Ayrton Senna was so popular, it wasnt because he was pr groomed like the modern driver. JC isnt popular because he is a middle of the road yes man, so you have to take the rough with the smooth imho.
  11. No, I don't think you do. If you really need someone to hold your hand whilst they talk you through the many, many ways a TV show format can be copyrighted, then I'm afraid I have better things to do with my time. Instead, I shall sit here in the smug superiority that I know that I'm right. Sometimes, that's all that matters. No, I don't think you do. If you really need someone to hold your hand whilst they talk you through the many, many ways a TV show format can be copyrighted, then I'm afraid I have better things to do with my time. Instead, I shall sit here in the smug superiority that I know that I'm right. Sometimes, that's all that matters. Or simply put: No i dont know the ins and outs of the TG copyright but i am assuming Good try though
  12. I guess we all shall see
  13. Cheers mate - I need to use your site for the forecast BBC still says rain Maybe catch you at the next outing mate Always view Metcheck, according to them your ok up till 12, then the odd light shower
  14. Cant argue with opinion Perhaps if your advocating having a car show about cars you should be watching 5th gear rather than watching nothing at all But you wont along with countless others because its sh*t and 5 million people would prefer to see three grown idiots being exactly that, remove those idiots and what you left with, oh yeah, 5th gear
  15. I fully understand how copyright works, thanks for trying to be so condescending I am not asking for an explanation, i am asking you to provide evidence that the format is copyrighted, i look forward to reading it Do you honestly believe people watch TG just because its called TG?? You seem to make reference to people not wanting to watch the show (for varying reasons), i am sure you are aware of the figures, its clearly not the case, yourself, Ekona etc wanting to watch a "car show" are in the minority and if you did want to watch a car show, why not watch 5th Gear, thats a car show, but its ratings are shocking, hence why its moved to Discovery. No you are missing the point that TG is a brand, the logo, the name, the content the music at the start, everything. Of course people stop watching programmes, they do all the time, just because a show has 5m viewers each week doesnt mean its the same 5m each week thats just naive to think. People drift in and out of programmes for lots of reasons - do people watch Eastenders because its got a bunch of actors in it they like or because its Eastenders. I didnt see Have I got News for You disappear with Angus Deyton, there are endless entertainment shows that rotate presenters and carry on - would TG cease without those three, yes it would as it stands now, would they create something refreshed, yes of course and you will still get a huge swab of current viewers tune in to check it out. I am not missing the point at all I fully understand that TG is a brand, please show me where i have said it isnt? What i am saying is i watch TG regardless of the "brand", i watch it because of the content, within that, the presenters, without those presenters i dont think the "content" i enjoy will be as good because of their interaction. I cannot speak for the other 5m viewers each week, but i would imagine they are regular viewers, the numbers are just too constant for people to be flicking in and out, they have a fan base. So, i have answered your question perhaps you can answer mine, eventually. You want a car programme, whats wrong with 5th gear?
  16. Dont believe a word of that, sorry, if i am wrong please show me where thats the case? So you cant have the The Stig, well you could have The Stog in multi coloured race suit then
  17. Do you honestly believe people watch TG just because its called TG?? You seem to make reference to people not wanting to watch the show (for varying reasons), i am sure you are aware of the figures, its clearly not the case, yourself, Ekona etc wanting to watch a "car show" are in the minority and if you did want to watch a car show, why not watch 5th Gear, thats a car show, but its ratings are shocking, hence why its moved to Discovery.
  18. I dont believe for one minute the format of the show is copyrighted, the tg logo obviously, but the format, no 5th gear go out on a track, why havent they been done for copyright?
  19. Weather looks ok on the forecast i saw buddy. Sadly wont be able to come for a viewing, enjoy
  20. Just thinking the same myself, like the show or not, its the three as a package that makes it what it is. Would anyone really be interested in watching May or Hamster with anyone else as main presenter? You still end up back at it would be TG in all but name only, i cant see the show following the same format if even just JC goes. I have to be honest, if i was JC and my contract was up at the end of the month, i would be going with the other 2 to Sky (*wherever) carrying on in exactly the same format under a different banner, i would even do the live "TG" shows
  21. So basically 5th Gear from a few years ago
  22. You'd never get 3.5s to 60 in a Zed like that, not in a billion years. Massively limited by traction and having to change gear, for one. I Imagine thats one of those theoretical 0-60's where you put all your data, weight, hp etc into a website and it tells you, 0-60, 1/4 mile times etc etc
  23. 99 one was awesome, went out mid channel in a mates boat, just clear of the shipping lanes, there were loads of boats out. Pretty eerie when it went fully dark and so so quiet.
  24. Why can it be the most painful experience known to man (on occasion) Two incidents in one week on my daily. A woman enquired on Monday and said could her husband view in the week, she suggested 6 - 7 Thursday evening, i said wouldnt he like to look in the daylight, try to make it at 6. She text Wednesday, yes he would like to view in the daylight, can we do the weekend, a time was set! I had a text this morning with the most pathetic excuse i have ever heard! We wont be viewing as my husband doesnt think he will be able to keep it clean (its std car size not a van), i did text back and say, i think your f***ed on buying anything if you cant keep it cleaned I then had another message, can i come view the car thats advert headline was Toyota Bb 1.5 VVti, i passed my number on and first question, what size engine is it, a 1.5 same as it says in the add, loads of further chat, is there any problems with it, yes as outlined in the add AGAIN, i think i will leave it then!
×
×
  • Create New...