Jump to content

nissanman312

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    5,907
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nissanman312

  1. Overly worn out bearings tend to make a howling noise when they do not properly support the gears. Rumbling while turning, on the other hand, is a sign of bad wheel bearings. Clunking and banging noises on the corners can be due to lack of sufficient posi-traction lubrication, broken spider gears, or worn posi-traction or limited-slip clutches. Broken spider gears, moreover, can also immobilize the differential and create a loud, crunching sound during final departure. If the rear differential noise is characterized by clunking every two or three feet, then there is a great chance that a broken ring gear is the problem with the section with the broken teeth banging or grinding as it tries to engage the pinion. Having a chipped or missing high spot on a gear tooth sounds closely similar to a broken gear except that the rear differential noise only happens while accelerating or decelerating. This is because the problem is just present on one side of the offending tooth. This rear differential noise is described as a heavy clicking type of sound which occurs every eight feet or so. If the pinion is the one that has a high spot, the noise occurs every two or three feet and is much more pronounced because of its higher frequency. Dont fill me with hope
  2. At least I'll have an excuse to get the quaife
  3. I've done my best to get under it just can't see what it is My friend runs a garage so I can get it in the air satarday and have a play It will be the most expensive thing naturally lol It sounds like diff but until it's in the air it's hard to tell
  4. I think powering out of hair pins chasing Evo's and Gtrs could of done it In going on the ramp satarday so hopefully I'll be able to diognose it Just been watching some drive shaft video on here http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-warranty-scheduled-maintenance-servicing-repairs/100841-rear-differential-clunk.html Buy I think mine could be worse I'll keep you guys posted . Remember is running more power now
  5. Yes it dose I use it
  6. It sounds expensive don't it
  7. What you thinking Daz I had a nasty feeling it was
  8. It's more of a clonk than a click when driving
  9. Just waiting for video to upload so you can get a clear idea
  10. I started noticing a clicking noise I thought it was brakes but if I put it in gear and rock the car I get the noise . Take it out of gear and and noise stops it from both rear wheels and sounds the same both sides . Could the hairpins of the alps cooked my diff Just waiting for slow bucket to display my vidio
  11. Just spent the week following these things round europe The pace of them is epic
  12. Yeah works well he put an external mic in the engine bay
  13. Little clip from our forest run on the last day before we came home
  14. The catch can, doesn't this affect metered air or is that only for PCV? There's a detailed thread on here about Positive Crankcase Ventilation (which I still want to do, despite Stillen saying it isn't necessary). Not entirely sure dom But it's been on the dyno sInce tho I did it for the pcv just to add after nearly 2 thousand mile here in Europe there's nothing in it
  15. Yes do you know her? We are all sticking together trying to have fun but keep the pack together don't get me wrong she did well
  16. Couple from today I'll do more when home
  17. No mate Today's issues it came on towards the end off day I can only get 98 Ron so I'm using my map for 97 rather than 99 I'm getting a horrible flat spot at 3000 revs I don't know if it's a flaw in the map or problem with the car
  18. OK so first day in france and charge temps are the devil While waiting for the euro tunnel I hit 70 degree and engine lights ahoy Managed to cool it of and Cleer the code which was p1233 On the motorway I was sitting at 50 degree Tomorrow we head for the mountains prey for cool weather I'm considering taking a bread knife to the bumper lol One subauru lost his bottom end
  19. MPSS and I'm good at 150 on private roads of course
×
×
  • Create New...