Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. Why are you a racist?
  2. Jetpilot, have you always been a smug git?
  3. The manual doesn't leave it open to interpretation on what it regards as 'premium' fuel, I'm not sure why you keep saying 95 is premium.
  4. ZEUS, have you always been a brown noser?
  5. Well, it specifies 98 RON. It says 98 RON on UK petrol flaps (as far as I can remember, haven't owned one for a while). Maybe it's different for Irish cars because you cannot access 98 RON? Also, this only applies to DE/Rev Up 350s if I recall as the HR 350 and 370 have a better ECU to adjust to the fuel.
  6. Well, it specifies 98 RON. It says 98 RON on UK petrol flaps (as far as I can remember, haven't owned one for a while). Maybe it's different for Irish cars because you cannot access 98 RON?
  7. It specifically states in the manual, use premium petrol (98 RON) and if unavailable use a minimum of 91 RON but don't do the certain things (which includes hard acceleration).
  8. You really didn't read that manual very well BM Highlighted an important bit but there's also another underneath... - Avoid full throttle driving and abrupt accelleration
  9. Someone I knew died not long after passing his test a good 10/11 years ago now, the sad fact is that he managed to ruin someone else's life while he was at it. I guess that's what made me respect cars/the road from an early age as I didn't want to end up in a similar situation.
  10. Visually your car might look a bit odd though.
  11. [quote name='mouthwash' timestamp='1454084723' post='1580008'] Humpy, why are you such a ballbag? [/quote]
  12. Humpy, why are you such a ballbag?
  13. Why are you such a ballbag?
  14. Is that true? Do you have figures or have you just made it up?
  15. So, if you don't own a place how do you get gas and electric? I'm assuming that then becomes the cost of renting? And would you factor that 85k on top of 20 years worth of rent? (silly example but a static amount of rent at 700 for 20 years is 168000 + 85000 = 253k lost). I don't think many people would consider paying for utilities as part of the investment of buying a house. That would be like including food, entertainment and other choices you make that cost you money.
  16. Don't fall in to the trap thinking that buying a property is an asset. It's not, it's a liability. It rarely is an asset unless you, get on the ladder early, buy it dirt cheap or free, stay in it forever or buy a property to let. In simple terms, if you bought a house tomorrow it would not be giving you a return, in fact you would be paying out to keep it. For example, let's say you buy a house for £100k and over 20 years it's worth £250k. So you have a £150k in the pot minus any interest on the mortgage. Over that 20 years you would of had to pay out council tax, electric bills, gas bills, water bills, repairs, a new kitchen, carpets, plumber, builders, new taps, soft furnishings and all the other crap that goes on top of owning a house. Then the cost of selling the property and after all that, chances are, you won't be left with much. I've just added up very roughly what my council tax, water, electric and gas bill would be after 20 years and it's around £85k. Makes you think right. It's still worth getting on the property ladder as early as possible but don't look at it as an asset that's going to make you money. Not in the purest form anyway. What? Why would you take your gas/water bill etc away from the profit of owning your own home? I agree about a house being a liability these days, can house prices really keep increasing like they have? It's quite scary how much they're worth at the moment, they're already disproportionate in comparison to average incomes (in the South of England).
  17. If you can stomach the cost for it, it's the only choice.
  18. Single exit makes a lot more power but a lot more noise, not quite the question but if you're chasing power you should consider it. Otherwise just get what you like the sound (literally) of.
  19. Brought the wife this for Crimbo, she is mega into it. Looks pretty good too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prolly look even better on a PC hashtagpcmasterrace
  20. Terrible deal.
  21. I just done a quick poll out of 8 people, 7 preferred the TT. Say no more. If someone offered me a TTRS or a 350z, I'd be snatching the Audi key out of their pocket before they had a chance to change their, clearly mentally challenged, mind. You drink in the wrong pubs Rob Yeah, you'll have to let me know which pubs you go to so I can join in with your random surveys on a night out. Sounds well exciting.
  22. I just done a quick poll out of 8 people, 7 preferred the TT. Say no more. If someone offered me a TTRS or a 350z, I'd be snatching the Audi key out of their pocket before they had a chance to change their, clearly mentally challenged, mind.
  23. Isn't it a pita to put a rev up engine in a de?
  24. No, did you do one before you spent £xxxx on buying a car? Surely that's more of a concern than when you start modifying it? Yes I have done them on prospective purchases on modified engines, but no not on my 370z as it was under warranty, I have done one since though, it seems very sensible to me to spend £100 just checking the health on an engine you are 1) going put under a lot more stress and 2) About to commit a sizeable chunk or money on rather than just waiting to find out the hard way , guess thats experience speaking I found the stock brembos on the 350z wanting as I did on the much lighter Evo , I find the stock 370z brakes wanting as well, ok for one or two fast stops but performance drops off quickly Its not just the one off stop from 70mph its that a car with more power builds more speed more quickly and if you start to exploit that performance on the road you will put the brakes under a lot more stress of course if you dont use the performance you dont need the brakes improved That literally makes no sense unless you live your life a quarter of a mile at a time in which case, yeah, brakes.
×
×
  • Create New...