Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. Nice progress, you're not far from me so you should come to a meet sometime... Plenty going on this time of year.
  2. Best way to combat that is to always type in the URL and if you ever use it on a public computer/computer you aren't familiar with (even friends!) change the password asap.
  3. Are you?
  4. I have to say that y pipe has come up extremely well. Gltws
  5. There are plenty of people that have purchased cars on loans (me included), I'm not sure why that equates to you not being able to pay for a £200 service, £400 for some tyres... just ignore them.
  6. Bump, might be putting these on for Brighton next week if any interested parties want to see them in the flesh on the car.
  7. Just been doing some reading over on the US forums and a lot of people say there isn't really much difference over the Brembo calipers in terms of brake performance, the Akebono set up is more resistant to brake fade but I'm assuming I can combat this on the Brembo calipers by upgrading discs/pads/ss lines/fluid? It seems they are a lot heavier than the Brembo calipers too which is something to consider. Maybe not the slam dunk choice I was expecting. Thing is, I'm not a track day hero and really my only recent track exposure is 'ring laps although I'm hoping to start doing a few UK tracks soon. Sorry for the thread hi-jack, I can move the conversation over to my build thread if needs be.
  8. Yeah I've been in Grundy's with a SMF and it has some chatter but I can deal with it as I don't drive it everyday. You'll find that the charger and the BOV make enough noise between them to cancel out most of the chatter although yours might be different for the HR.
  9. I like the look of the Xtreme clutch that CMS are selling (for FI) and seems a reasonable price although I still need to research properly. My clutch is terrible at the moment, it's the OEM one with DMF, it feels awful and gets a lot worse once I start to work the car a bit harder. I wish I didn't have to keep doing all this maintenance on the car so I could start buying the bits I actually want
  10. If I didn't have the fuel rails / new clutch to do I'd consider a BBK but the Akebono seems sensible as after selling the Brembo calipers it might only cost me the same as a decent set of discs/pads. So yep, poor.
  11. Akebono, unless there is some buy now pay next year scheme going on that I missed.
  12. Nice, I was looking at the set up as I'm in need of a whole new set of discs/pads before the 'ring in June.
  13. Last Active Offline Oct 04 2014 12:13
  14. Awesome, how hard were they to fit?
  15. Always got the option of a back street abortion, just accidentally give her a 'People's Elbow' in the middle of the night. Problem solved.
  16. Life is full of tough choices.
  17. Agreed, I know all too well about letting others enjoy the sound of my car .
  18. I think a lot of detailing places advise you practice on a spare panel / car you don't care about before you take one of these to a car you actually care about. Never used one myself so can't hand out any real advice, just thought I'd mention it.
  19. u wot m8, you said your car is a weekend car now you walk but would only become a weekend car if it was a dedicated track car. Sense, make it.
  20. I'm tense the entire time as I'm waiting for your mate to shoot me in the back for no reason.
  21. Style: 7/10 Damage: 6/10 Attitude: 8/10 Story: 9/10 Verdict: Nice crash but I'd like to see a little bit more work on the front to up the damage score. Story is plausible and attitude is good. 7.5/10. style only 7/10?!? its on its roof! short of rolling it several times, fail to see how you could score it higher! damage, again only 6? theres barely a panel that's escaped there, that's pretty fubared. Attitude is top notch, cant fault a solid 8. story is a bit lacking though... swerved to avoid a deer, not doing it for me. a better story would have been 'lost control while attempting to evade pursuing gunmen down an Italian alp due to being noshed off by the presidents daughter' or something... but in all seriousness, very happy to hear your ok with only a few minor injuries . cars can be replaced, people cannot. and also glad the zed will live on as a drifter! Rolling several times and pirouetting on the front bumper would have drastically increased both the style and the damage points, this is what we are lacking here. Edit: Also no mention of engine damage keeps the score down.
  22. Style: 7/10 Damage: 6/10 Attitude: 8/10 Story: 9/10 Verdict: Nice crash but I'd like to see a little bit more work on the front to up the damage score. Story is plausible and attitude is good. 7.5/10.
  23. If you like roller coasters I guess it will be fun.
  24. I'm just wondering how I should judge you, I'll post my verdict in a bit,
  25. I tried again and failed miserably no matter what I try I can't adjust it enough. Oddly enough though the collector after the y pipe has some curious dents in it on both sides as if the metal has contracted inwards. I have emailed Torqen to see if it's a common thing with Motordyne exhausts.
×
×
  • Create New...