Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Yup and the day before we watched both Ghostbusters
  2. I like the green but didn't want it in green if you know what I mean. Nice to look at, but you couldn't live with it
  3. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Mission accomplished Took 3 days for the 2 of us to complete and now my back is killing me lol
  4. I'd love the other half to buy one of these when it times for the 1 series to go. Exactly that spec but with about 45k like yours and in Viper Green
  5. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Or LEGOitis
  6. KyleR

    LEGO!

    I bought the last two in Smyths. I figured I'd keep one sealed for my collection and have one for display
  7. KyleR

    LEGO!

    P.S. I have a spare Ghostbusters kit
  8. KyleR

    LEGO!

    seems to be a lot of us buying the Cooper, I just did this afternoon along with the VW camper van. Thats about £750 i've spent on LEGO since Sunday
  9. KyleR

    Phone clip

    I bought the stick on version and stuck it to the button on the centre cubby, I used my own double sided tape, though, as it's stronger.
  10. KyleR

    Phone clip

    Buy an iPad?
  11. Buy a vinyl number plate and stick it to the bumper where it is now, just without the plaque. Don't buy a pressed plate, it's a German car scene thing.
  12. KyleR

    LEGO!

    That's some really old Technics there. They barely even use those LEGO like pieces anymore. mostly all smooth and rounded to make a more finished looking final product. Did it do anything other than the suspension? moving parts?
  13. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Never too old for Lego. That's a good set. Enjoy your build mate! I got 2 sets to build this Xmas, the batman tumble and classic mini cooper I'm after the Cooper as well, If I hadn't just dropped another fist full of cash today on another LEGO set, i'd be having it.
  14. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Finished the Grand Prix Racer today Must have been a good 7 hours or so all in. Final product is pretty good with the gearing opening the engine bay and moving the DRS in the wing. Some pix Received this one yesterday to keep me going over the weekend with near 3000 pcs
  15. KyleR

    LEGO!

    I wish I still had all my old stuff, I could them download the manuals and get the collection started I think that seller is in dreamland, not selling for even close to that http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlego+8860&_nkw=lego+8860&_sacat=0
  16. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Link? http://shop.lego.com...e-Tumbler-76023 Ah right, that. Looks pretty overpriced to me at £160 for only 1800 pieces. I'd think about £120 would be plenty. It may be one of the sets that will be worth a few quid in the future due to the prohibitive RRP and cult Batman following.
  17. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Link?
  18. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Yup, that's on the list of it gets approved and I'm pretty sure it will. The Big Bang Theory one should be out soon
  19. KyleR

    LEGO!

    Smyth Superstores have voucher codes for £6 off £50 and £12 of £100. You can print them off and use them in store if you wish, that's what I did, in two different stores last night On the other hand, Toys R Us are offering £20 voucher if you spend £75 on LEGO, but the voucher has to be redeemed inside some certain dates or something. Check the T&C's on both sites and see what suits you best eBay is a ****ing goldmine for hard to find stuff. Most stuff still being produced is selling for little or no profit on there and second hand stuff is usually 10+% cheaper, providing it's not a discontinued collectors piece.
  20. KyleR

    LEGO!

    You're probably right, but as I'm not a Star Wars fan, I haven't looked into those prices much at all. The Ghostbusters car was £45 and over 500 pieces, what do you think of that pricing? I think for the 2 hours of fun I had with the other half building it and the great display piece it will be coupled with the nostalgia of the 80's, it was a freaking bargain
  21. KyleR

    LEGO!

    I agree to some extent, the prices have went up by about 75%, but the prices of everything have too. The kits are just as big, if not bigger than back then and certainly more detailed. There are a few parts new to me in the Ghostbusters kit, lots of little triangle bits and smooth bits used for the sides. Prices are usually between 5 and 9 pence per piece on average, which I think is pretty good and can be less than that for the huge pieces. The deathstar is about 4000 pieces and worth every penny of the price tag, unfortunately they've been making them for quite a long time so they won't hold their value/go up as much as some other pieces. The Deathstar II is far better looking anyway and the one I'd have if I was interested in Star Wars. My biggest regret is 4 1/2 years ago when I last got the idea to buy some LEGO as I was off sick from work for 8 weeks and I was thinking of buying the Taj Mahal for £200. It's just under 5000 pieces and still the biggest LEGO has ever made, but I couldn't justify the price. But now, having started looking at some of the larger kits I see that second hand kits are seeking on average for £900, and BNIB even more again. LEGO is a goldmine if you can guess what will be worth the most in the future and by future I mean only a few years. Only 3 years ago they stopped making the Taj Mahal.
  22. A thread on another forum sparked off my interest in this again. I can remember 15 years ago having my own bodyweight in the stuff until my mum gave it all away First one I went for I bought 2 of I'm hoping it'll be worth a few quid in the future due to the theme. Infact it's not even a LEGO creation, it's part of the LEGO Ideas community where the public create the kits and basically pitch it to LEGO. Look it up, some very cool stuff on there. ​So here it is, my first LEGO kit in over 15 years GHOSTBUSTERS!!! Brought back great memories from 15+ years ago when I last played with LEGO. I also found out that there may be the Ghostbusters Fire Station coming out also. The other piece is quite a bit bigger, twice the pieces and about 2 feet long with a WORKING diff :O Can't wait to get stuck into it with the other half who also helped me with the GB car and is loving it as much as I am. I also have a massive kit being shipped to me as we speak, but i'll keep that to myself until it's here
  23. Just for future reference, all items bought in the UK carry a 2 year warranty, despite what original manufactures say in the packaging. It's probably the only good thing to come out of being in the EU to be fair. The first year is the manufacturers obligation to carry out warranty work, the second year is the stores. So if you hadn't have opened it up, you may have got it repaired/replaced FOC
  24. PUT YOUR ****ing WIPERS DOWN!!! Awesome machine, mate, I'd love to have a go at one
  25. There are no additional checks on a P3 compared to a P2. Check the service schedule. Coolant change is not part of either a P1, P2 or P3 - it is done every 3 years as an additional service item. I repeat, there was never any difference between a P2 and a P3 except Nissan stealers ripping us off................. I did, that's where I got the info.
×
×
  • Create New...