Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. I first seen them on Dip My Car and thought they were excellent. If the time comes that I'm going to spray something like wheels with a rattle can I will 100% be buying one.
  2. Your Rays will go, they uber cheap. If I was in a position to collect, I would.
  3. I messaged him trying to suggest a more reasonable price of about 1/4 of what he has them up for and he responded saying something like "Whats the problem, tyres were 850, wheels are spotless." I had to fix the spelling etc because it would have been to painful to copy and paste his response. I've now kindly informed him that his Uniroyals are about £100 a corner and if he paid £850 for them, he got robbed. Poor guy.
  4. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-rays-alloys-4-nissan-350z-/222188612229?hash=item33bb792a85:g:PnIAAOSwaB5XikZF :lol:
  5. Thats my thought, although they haven't responded yet.
  6. A simple letter from a solicitor to your aunt may be sufficient to make her aware that you want the money now and persuade her to release it. If the money is gone, then that solicitor will have to sue her for the lost moneys and she'll then have to pay their fee's too.
  7. OK, so a black nylon sleeve is missing then
  8. So I managed to scoop a carbon Nismo gear knob the other day on eBay for a very reasonable price, however on receiving it today I can see there is no thread, so something is wrong. Did a bit of Googling and found there should be a white nylon sleeve inside that threads itself as it's screwed on. For some reason this is missing and although I have contacted the seller to make them aware of this very important part being missing, I'm not holding my breathe of it turning up. I'd like to keep it as it's in better condition that I expected and at less than half price, it's a bargain if I can get it fitted. Is there anyone here that could knock something up or know where I could get something made for not much cash that I could glue in? If not I will just have to send it back and make do with what I have until another one comes up.
  9. Made a boob, it's a minimum of £13 Here's a snippet from their T&Cs
  10. It does make sense, £30 is the maximum charge EasyJet charge according to their own T&Cs each way, £15 being the minimum, so your £39 has to be £19.50 each way
  11. you're probably right.. i need a nice wheel for street use and putting miles on the car. I think after a couple of years these wheels will look terrible and would be much better suited to a show car that only comes out in good weather Ive spent hours polishing them with rotary die grinder at work but a few weeks later they go back to being pitted Do you coat them with anything after polishing? No not really, i tend to use a wheel wax or recently ive been using WD40s "wax polish" its sprays on and is easy to take off and provides some basic protection. I've found my fronts have become pitted pretty bad and i cant get in with the polisher to get them any better, i may have to split them myself to give them a good clean I'm far from an expert so I'm afraid I can't offer any real help, hopefully someone will know more and give you an alternative to having to sell. I'm also interested because I want to get my LMGT4's refurbed and would like to protect the polished/diamond cut lip as best as possible.
  12. Any info on the driver to suggest if it's connected to the other recent attacks?
  13. It'll be both ways as EasyJets maximum baggage cost is £30 each way.
  14. you're probably right.. i need a nice wheel for street use and putting miles on the car. I think after a couple of years these wheels will look terrible and would be much better suited to a show car that only comes out in good weather Ive spent hours polishing them with rotary die grinder at work but a few weeks later they go back to being pitted Do you coat them with anything after polishing?
  15. My first thoughts are that the money is gone. If you haven't already, get a bank statement. I agree completely about getting the cash now, if it still exists, due to the pounds strength, perfect time and you'll be 5%+ better off.
  16. My Dibs was only a joke, I couldn't afford them lol I see your point now, you're worried they are going to go to waste in your ownership rather than being kept perfect and shown off. I get it. However, I wouldn't lacquer over the polished lip, one stone chip and the water will ingress and case it to spiderweb, lift and turn white.
  17. JR22's are a nice wheel, but the offsets available do not suit the zed at all. JR21's are a much better fit.
  18. That is an HR bonnet in the advert, nothing Nismo about it, but you can get an actually OEM HR bonnet from Nissan for £300 or maybe less if you're lucky.
  19. That picture is of the front arch, so if it's only the front they are easily replaced and not nearly as expensive as the rears. Offer him £4,500 take it or leave it.
  20. What do you mean more practical wheels? What issues are you finding with these? Dibs?
  21. So you have both the wrong item and the wrong item and have only paid once? Then don't worry about a thing, they know where it is, come get it!
  22. You haven't had to use main dealers for servicing for years. So long as the brake fluid and battery coolant services are carried out according to schedule then the warranty won't be affected.
  23. They've only been on for 9 hours!! Collection only is a hindrance too.
  24. Was an excellent show, something that could and should rival if not make Dubshed look like the Belfast Motor Show
  25. Rev matching is not required in modern vehicles for day to day driving, racing yes, going to Tesco no. It sounds like you have a worn synchromesh in 6th gear, very common problem and will cost £500+ to fix, so leave it until it becomes unbearable in more gears. The trick I found with going into 6th with a worn synchro in my old Zed was to put the car into neutral and release the clutch briefly, before putting it into 6th. 99% of the time it went in smoothly and only took an extra second. As for having "no control of the car at all" if you're coasting in neutral, I guess these people don't have brakes or steering wheels. It's fine to do if thats what your dad wants, it won't do any harm to anyone or anything, it just uses more fuel and you have to apply brakes earlier.
×
×
  • Create New...