-
Posts
2,628 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by cs2000
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
cs2000 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
shouldn't the cooling panel have a small recess to allow the bonnet latch to engage properly?? Something like this (stolen from RT), im sure the dip isn't just for cosmetic reasons. EDIT: or do what kyle suggests! -
So, I picked the black ones up from the royal mail place yesterday, they had a customs fee attached. 3.42 customs (VAT) charge, with a 8.00 royal mail handling fee Anyway, Saturday morning was spent measuring drilling and inserting LED's, then had some personal errands to run and so I got round to the silicone part on Saturday evening. I plan to let them dry all day today, complete the wiring on Monday Morning and get these out Tuesday The Batch n3 of silver reflectors are still on the way to me, somewhere between here and California.
-
Ok, so new photo (this is also now im the first post) showing them fitted correctly. Heres two photos of my instructions, the first one clearly shows the hood and the larger diameter part of the lifters in contact with it. And now the other picture that shows the thinner part in contact with the wing.
-
No worries at all mate
-
As I say in the guide, I fitted them as per the photo and then reverted them afterwards just didn't take photos of it Cheers RT, in reality its a 10 minuite job in all honestly
-
Hey all, these are pretty simple to fit really but equally you could make a mess of it without knowing till later so thought id do a guide. I got my set from Steve at Redline Styling, this is what you get in the package. This is 2 dampers, 4 fixing mounts, 2 Allen key bolts and a Chinglish instruction set. Please take note, the black brackets are keyed, they have L or R stickers on them, this is from the inside perspective, so if your standing looking at the front of the car everything is backwards. The L bracket goes on the right and the R bracket on the left. So, lets get started by removing the brake fluid cover and popping the clips around it so you're able to remove it from the car. So, once this is out, you can see where I have attached the first of the two fixing points, this is the black bracket with a ball end on it. When you remove the black plastic cover above you will see there is already a bolt in here, this needs a size 10mm socket and it will come undone. Put the bracket over it and then put the factory bolt back in. The pack comes with two Allen headed bolts which replace the standard bolts you have just removed, I chose to stick with the standard bolt however, your choice (if you stick with standard you will have to modify the OEM plastics that normally cover this). When this is on the car, don't do this up fully, 90% orso will do. Next, remove the front bolt from the bonnet hinge, this needs a size 13mm socket and will be pretty stiff but should come off easy enough. Next, attach the bracket too it, you will notice the bracket has a fold in it which sits neatly over the hinge. Again, don't do this up fully, 90% orso will do. So, then you need to take a look at the dampers, to get them to fit and line up you need to remove the small locking pin shown in this photo, to do this simply rotate the pin, the shape of it will pull the pin out of the socket. Then, place the damper onto the hinges. The ends of them, swivel so if the ball and socket don't join up just give them a twist or a pull and make them fit. Once on as shown in the photo re-insert the locking pin you removed in the earlier step. At this stage you need to do the same on the passenger side of the car, the steps are identical. Once you have done this, carefully lower the bonnet all the way down by hand and then allow the dampers to lift it again. You may hear some metal clunking noises as the brackets and thing shift on the bolts. When its back up, tighten the bolts for the brackets fully up and repeat the open/close procedure to ensure the bonnet still closes correctly. Ok, so now you have two choices. I personally used the OEM bolts to affix the brackets to the wing as detailed above, however if you do this the plastics wont fit, so do the following. If however you used the Black Allen headed bolts, they should fit on just fine, skip this step. If you look at the photo below, you will notice two circular shapes on the flat piece of plastic on the edges, these need to be removed. Personally I used a dremmel and cut/sanded these out. Once this is done, go back to the car and re-fit the plastics, and you will have this. Its now just a case of pulling on the OEM bonnet prop and this will pretty easily come out as you wont need this any more.
-
Wow that's a rather eventful drive then. Clearly there were other factors. I mean, who doesn't stop after an accident, a very small percentage of people. Who then, in a Micra tried to out-run a 350Z??? Then still doesn't want top get out after the "further action" you took against him?? Total idiot but I suppose at least you were on the way to RT at the time so if it had to happen, now was the best time really. Really really really sucks though. Some people are just scum.
-
FINALLY some photos of them fitted! Really happy you're pleased with them mate
-
Very kind offer
-
Holy crap that's bad... Least they've found the car at fault though. Still sucks its damaged
-
I noticed that, I need to do mine soon im sure its coming up for it in the service schedule. I think my Flux Capacitor needs replacing too
-
This is always good news. Was a shame when TVR was sold so am happy its coming back home so to speak. They're not my favourite car and I probably wouldn't ever buy one, but I like the fact they were made in the UK
-
As above, hope you have a great day, seems nice weather for it at least (where I am anyway...)
-
All depends on your personal taste doesn't it and the theme you have in mind. With my modifications, I want to keep a certain stock look about it, so under the bonnet im going Carbon. Same colour (black) as standard so wont look out of place but just tidier.
-
That is a nice bumper, think im planning this with a charge speed rear...
-
Yeah I know its odd. If you look around online it seems a very common complaint. Something about the size od the handbrake shoes (and the drum) being simply too small for the size and weight of the Zed. It has mildly improved since fitting new shoes, but I still have to pretend im iron-man when using it on a slope.
-
The Zed handrake is hopeless, you can adjust it then a week later it is the same again, I just got used to leaving it in gear everytime I parked up... Agreed. You cant even do handbrake turns in the snow for god sake! I few months ago I had the garage dismantle both rear handbrake systems (as in, the 1 on each side), clean them up and fit brand new genuine shoes aaaaand....it still exactly the same. I can just about stop on a 20-30 degree incline if I wrench the handbrake up as if im trying to pull it out of the floor.
-
Should work yes. Id be very surprised if you could get HR reflectors for that kind of money. Ive not seen them for much less then £80 anywhere, nevermind tinted ones!
-
Think Alex does the for £5 each On another vein, I bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220799857438?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 which conform (as far as I can tell) to the callipers on a 350, 370 may be slightly different, or maybe not so maybe do a quick but of research. I cant believe what Nissan charge for some parts, I thought Toyota were bad... EDIT: just seen, you have a 2003 GT pack which means you have a 350, not a 370, but this topic is in the 370 section
-
Yeah just helps with the club up-keep, and keeps everyone happy I paid mine a month orso ago and yes its 12 months I believe sorry for the slight offtopic also
-
That's very kind of you! Il try my best when the next set comes in, but the back is a little tricky. Maybe it would be good if I take an imprint with the mouldable plastic and send you that, you then have a mould to copy from
-
Patch, just wanted to point you at these if you're going to start making and selling these for members http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59387-new-member-traders-wishing-to-start/
-
All Comments Comments are disabled for this video. EDIT; tak-u-tak is the BEST song ever made. Clearly got his 5 year old brother to assist...
-
+1