Jump to content

RS8055

Members
  • Posts

    960
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RS8055

  1. Welcome to the forum. I have a feeling someone will be spending a significantly higher amount of time and money on their Zed after joining.
  2. I'm not sure that it is import duties, it's just that everything is ridiculously over-priced in Luxembourg (except for three things: fuel, alcohol and cigarettes)! Anyway, booked the P&O boat last night. Will be leaving my place at 1:00am, driving to Calais and getting the 5:50am crossing. Should arrive at Kaizer Motors at 8:30am tomorrow. After that, just a case of waiting around for some hours to have my Zed all fixed up.
  3. You should try and confirm numbers to get a rough idea of the size of the convoy
  4. Happy Birthday btw!
  5. Saw this last night... if you have a gopro, perfect prank on your other half when driving the Zed.
  6. Thanks. To put it into perspective. Nissan Luxembourg wanted to charge me the following for the repairs: Cost of Parts: - Clutch Kit: 850€ / (£700) - New Flywheel: 2000€ / (£1645) Labour: - 650€ / (£535) Total: 3500€ / (£2880) As a result, by far the best option was to come over and have it done in UK. Really happy that glrnet recommended Sly at Kaizer Motors. Will let everyone know how it went when the work has been done, but I am feeling positive about it all.
  7. Genuinely, I've looked and nothing comes close!
  8. I decided to go with Kaizer thanks to the recommendation from glrnet! To put it bluntly, I am saving somewhere in the region of £2000 by having it fixed in the UK. I'll be heading to Kaizer Motors on Friday morning for the clutch and flywheel replacement. Thanks again for all the replies!
  9. Hey guys, just thought I'd have a shot in the dark and see if this was anyone on here. Just in the UK as my grandmother sadly passed away yesterday, and saw a GM 350Z with plate PY54 *** on M25 at midnight of 19th January. Anyone you guys know? Passed it in my father's LU registered CLS 320.
  10. and congratulations on the purchase!
  11. Very nice... just need to see what they look like on the Zed!
  12. and enjoy the search for your Zed!
  13. He will always be known for his legendary acting as Trigger! Such a talented and funny bloke, Don't know about any of you guys, but I'm going to watch some Only Fools and Horses when I get home in memory!
  14. Seems like something I definitely need! I'll drop a PM.
  15. Welcome to the forum.
  16. I'd be game for this, but you'd have to meet up with me in Luxembourg on the way down if you want to have a cheap fill-up of fuel.
  17. Thanks for the responses guys. @ glrnet: I will get in contact with Sly at Kaizer @ Jake: Out of interest, could you let me know whether your uncle would be available to carry out the work, how much the labour would be (give or take), I live in Luxembourg so would need to drive over (car is LHD). As for parts I will have to ask Zmanalex. Thanks for the tip!
  18. Right, so basically I've been down the local Nissan dealership to confirm a new clutch is required (something I already knew). However, they have mentioned that I may need the flywheel replacing also. The dealership quoted me what I believe to be a bit of a ridiculous price to have these replaced, although it may just be the clutch. What I am wondering is if there is anyone on here (close to Kent if possible) in the south of England that could help me with regards to sourcing the correct part(s) and someone who knows how to fit them for the best possible price? I've heard that with regards to flywheels, a good one can have a decent impact on the car's performance, but that remains to be seen. If anyone can help me out, I would be gratefully appreciative! Cheers, Ryan
  19. I get this aswell! When it's cold, kinda like a squealing noise but as you say, clears up quite quickly but depends on day to day. If someone could confirm what it is, that'd be great because I went to Nissan dealership and they couldn't help. Also, on cold days when I start it up, the revs jump up and down around idle when I first start the car. Not sure whether it's related or not...?
  20. I've got winters for my car as we get more snow than you do in the UK... reason being is that it is a legal requirement that motorists driving in Luxembourg have winter tyres equipped when there is snow/ice on the ground. If caught without, 70€ fine. As a result, we never have any issues with roads getting blocked when there is heavy snow. Would be good thing to catch on in UK IMO.
  21. I'm still trying to get the money together for a replacement exhaust, but as I live in Luxembourg I need a full system with TüV certification included! It's complete BS, but unfortunately required as mine is registered over here!
  22. I went with Satin and looks great IMO... when I changed them over, the Satin almost perfectly matches the colour of the "350z" badge on left side of rear end. Looks more classy than the chrome Nissan burgers.
  23. Quick question, how hard is it to fit the Zunsport Grille over a standard OEM 04 plate bumper?
  24. Very interested in the centre caps... let me know!
  25. You got a photo of the gear knob please?
×
×
  • Create New...