Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Gear oil change takes 30 mins, max, any garage do it for you in the warm pretty cheap I am sure!
  2. coldel

    Brakes binding

    You mean as you pull away from stationary? Think this is perfectly normal, I have been in quite a few cars that do this. Pretty sure the smart people on here will be along to confirm!
  3. I bought official Nissan gear oil off him, in with some molyslip makes a whole world of difference to the gears.
  4. What mileage you at now?
  5. coldel

    All White!

    If you got a black Zed though and wrap it white, simply looks like it has an all black interior
  6. Cant wait to see the prices of the coolant and powersteering tanks
  7. My wheels will be bang in shot as part of my 4 favourite mods...just need it to stop raining so can clean Z and get that photo!
  8. One more kerbump before it goes onto ebay ...
  9. Despite my own claims 'thats it' I fear my Zed will never be finished, im hooked on changing stuff!
  10. Go for the flywheel, if your clutch is slipping then its already too late to save the current one - get the garage to show you the old one you should see some marks burned into it. In any case its worth changing at the same time because if the flywheel lets go in a few thousand miles you have to pay out the labour again to replace it seperately from the clutch.
  11. You will really notice a big difference once they bed in Steve, you almost look forward to having to brake!
  12. So my premium should go down if I have been on the course, as I am now a well informed and reformed driver who is very unlikely to be a danger on the road, much less so than when the same insurance company covered me before when I did speed, right?
  13. coldel

    decat vs hfc

    Berks HFCs on my Zed along with a Milltek, went through the emmissions no probs.
  14. for parts, might be able to get a better deal - he has both exedy and luk Exedy and luk dual mass are the standard replacement parts...I used the same for mine. You can upgrade to a lighter flywheel and some of the guys on here have - they reported better rev response on the plus side and a bit more gearbox noise on the minus side. Pretty sure someone on here will also comment.
  15. +1 on the Volks, look stunning and rare as hell. ...join the club
  16. Have to say the Zed has caught me out a few times, because of that feeling that you are going slower than you actually are driving home last night, 9pm, M4 westbound, nothing on the road, it takes concentration NOT to speeed!
  17. Worth doing the filing anyway, clean up the connection before you screw it down, just to be safe. Sometimes there is corrosion sometimes not.
  18. ....nearly a week in and all is well I bought grooved discs front and back along with black diamond predator pads. Really beginning to bed in now and an absolute street ahead of what was already on the Zed (not sure what they were, looked very OEM), anyhow after a couple of days of it feeling decidedly unresponsive suddenly they are stopping hard and fast - also enjoying the added benefit of the braided hoses not as much brake dust as I might have thought either which is an unexpected bonus. All well and good so far and a super upgrade to the car - not a case of open wallet surgery either
  19. coldel

    decat vs hfc

    They are half the price for reason though!
  20. By all accounts though he made it all up!
  21. You just tell her it only cost £400 and then you distract her by presenting her with an expensive handbag and/or shoes That kinda thing brings back memories. Wales May 2010 - CLB detailing are providing detailing goodies to Z members. I see them using Dodo Juice Supernatural on martinmac's car. Stunning wax, I have to purchase. £75 later and a small pot of wax in my hand I re-enter the dinning area - the Mrs says "whats that" - "It's hair gel my darling". "Oh okay" she says..... Win But you are bald?
  22. coldel

    decat vs hfc

    Ask Z1 Auto on here? They sell 'em.
  23. Something about the US putting through a bill which lets them shut down anything they dont like - in a cynical and short answer.
  24. Bah wash mine every weekend when there is a break in the rain! Obviously not when it is too cold though! Good to shift all the crap off the car regularly!
  25. Looks like I will be out there Saturday giving the Zed a good clean up...and maybe myself as well!
×
×
  • Create New...