Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I had some Volks Racing wheels, GT-Vs I think they were, super light and very sexy!
  2. Agree, but get yourself ready for some open wallet surgery!
  3. 19s with dish for a great look - 18s for the extra rubber if pushing on. 20's if you want your car to look like a roller skate.
  4. Very cheap, don't hesitate if you are after some wheels!
  5. coldel

    Help Please

    Wheres Grundy, the forum wheel expert?
  6. I think there is an illusion that generating awareness of brands nowadays is easier because of social media and the internet. Yes its easier nowadays to post on line to 'potentially' huge numbers of people, but equally you have a hugely higher chance of being lost in the mass of communication. You have a very tiny chance of something going a bit viral but generally you get out what you put in (just like the old days of tv/radio/poster advertising) even if it is the internet. A blog as you suggest which is of factual content will in all likelihood be something people who are already aware of your company read and re-enforce their commitment to your company, it won't suddenly bring in extra customers. As with the above, you need to nail down your business objectives, tot up your budget for it, look at the options and reach of those options, and put your efforts into that. I personally wouldn't just start a blog because everyone else is, it is actually something that takes up a lot of time getting right.
  7. Don't take this the wrong way, but then what makes you think that people want to hear your thoughts? Not a dig at all, I personally like reading your posts, but you need to figure out what you want to talk about. If it's general everything then I'm afraid you're on a loser there I suspect, as that's what social media is for these days. If it's a specific subject then great, but how are you going to attract visitors? If people can't feedback to you then they're going to find it hard to connect, and then no-one will bother viewing. If it's just to use as an online diary of sorts, where you can just chat about the day in general and you don't really care if any one reads it or not, then I agree that turning off comments is a good idea. Ultimately, if you want to engage your audience then you're going to have to engage with your audience. Also not a dig but it is really interesting to see how (if you're over a certain age) things have changed over the last twenty years in this respect. I think, because I'm basically an old fashioned git, the idea of publishing my daily musings and reporting my activities on a blog, Twitter etc would just seem really odd. I can't imagine anyone would be in the least bit interested - I'm not famous, I'm not an expert in anything, I don't have any particularly exceptional talents...I'd just be thinking....who would be interested in anything I have to say? Still, I guess it's not that different to posting on here.... Perhap it's a good thing that communication has been democratised in this way. I don't know.... You would be surprised how many people might want to listen mate. I imagine anyone wanting to buy a 370z might be interested in comments you have on the subject, or your area of work, or countries you have visited, things you have done. Think about it, how many people before they book a holiday go to trip advisor and are very seriously led by what complete strangers have to say on a destination? People you have never met but you do to a very high degree trust their views.
  8. I blog on cars (did have a football one but got bored and it expired) but really do it for just one persons benefit, me. I haven't done it for ages but at the time I did a lot it really was just a way of keeping the creative part of my brain in action whilst I was between jobs. Lots of people blog for different reasons, but I guess for it to really work for you it has to be done for a good reason. I see companies put blogs up and fill it with crap just so they can say they have a blog. Companies put up Facebook pages and put nothing on it. If I were running my own business I would seriously consider how I used social media but I would not just touch on every popular site just for the sake of it, I would suggest they understand what they want to get out of having it and what its ultimate aim is - any business communication should have a very well thought through objective and way of achieving it. For me, my blog was about just doing something I quite enjoyed, I really enjoyed the process of research, thinking and then converting that into something I could write (link on my signature by the way ) - if you want it to become something big then there are plenty of sites that you can pay to generate hits with relevant readers, me I occasionally share the link but really its just for me to be a bit creative when I want to.
  9. coldel

    Why oh why

    Do tend to find coupe's made in convertibles tend to not look quite right. Its when they are built from the outset to be a convertible you don't get the odd shapes and lumps on it.
  10. Dave possibly? Plate ending OAY - you were going over the crossroads by the Red Cow pub heading towards Richmond park direction.
  11. Cant remember now but mine was a 2004 car with 38k miles on the clock when I took it in, I think it started off at about 275 or something and made 19 on top but could very well be wrong. I think I tried very hard to convince myself at the time that it was so much better but looking back it probably wasn't, I was just trying to justify the cost in my head The cost of NA tuning scares me off now of even going down that route - I could have done the same with the NA VX220 I got after the Zed but just stuck with what I had and tbh never missed it, I would only really consider a map if it was a turbo car where you get something actually more noticeable.
  12. It made 28bhp more at its peak, probably not all the way through the range as you mentioned. Given you have paid probably about 20% of your cars value on making it 10% maximum more powerful when its already a powerful car is in my opinion simply not worth the money. I am glad you feel its worth it its your money (and I did exactly the same thing when I owned mine) but the thread asked if you thought it was worth the money, personally, the amount of cash required to get a bit of drivability (if uprev didnt exist would all zed owners be on here complaining about lack of drive in the car?) and 5-10% more power for a car - when I look back at it in the cold light of day with the car long since sold and emotionally detached from it - I wouldn't put all that money on it again.
  13. I remember having mine done and thinking at the time that's miles better (then when you see what remaps do with turbo charged cars and the power through the range you get) but you put the cost of an exhaust etc on top on reflection its quite a big total cost to justify for approximately 5% more power through the rev range - if put in the same position again given the cars I have had since, I probably wouldn't do it for 5% drivability increase.
  14. Its not about you buying one though, its about you telling people about it, sharing the video so that its top of mind when someone does decide they want a new sports car
  15. I love the train horn on the first vid!
  16. Nice one, video evidence of criminal damage, should easily cover the costs in court
  17. The covers are not sold individually as far as I have seen - you might have seen the Stillen ones (few for sale on here recently) or the Popcharger ones but they are both sold with the full kit - you could always fabricate something yourself?
  18. Excel passwords are next to worthless, plenty of stuff on the internet that unlocks them under the guise 'forgotten your excel password and need to access it...' - google will help you find the way.
  19. Great thread, good stories! Mine is particularly dull first three letters of my first and last names put together - think it first came about when trying to create an email address on yahoo yonks ago and my name was gone and it came up with suggestions and I just picked this one.
  20. You cannot empty the car of oil driving it hard overnight, do you have any evidence of mileage since driving it from the sale? I would start collecting the evidence mate and get some consumer advice and the receipt of sale checked out.
  21. Im not sure it applies to 'random guy' though - I dont know without looking but pretty sure this act covers a transaction between a registered retailer/trader and a consumer - which is why the responses were trying to find out if the guy sold it from his business or as a private sale dressed up in a non legally binding way as a trade sale.
  22. I was using A Plan, they were pretty good, were you dealing with Dan? My ad! Ha! Make sure to tell them I sold the car at the asking price to the first viewer within 5 days of the ad going up on eBay!
  23. Wow...seemed to roll over all too easily. Keep an eye on the classifieds though...
  24. Well done mate - sounds like a neat little trick to try get you to just take the first cheque, and if you challenge it then plan B is to pay the right amount. What insurer was it out of interest? When I had my Skyline it was a bit of a minefield getting insurance...might be getting another old Jap car in the future too so will find the same issues!
  25. Did you pay trade cash for this car? I would be doing whatever I could to get it back in his hands, you dont buy a car to have to then spend money with reports, fixes and an ongoing nagging worry that your engine could pop at any time.
×
×
  • Create New...