Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Just go in get it done without the W brace and sort yourself a nice aftermarket one in your own time, if the MoT tester tries to fail it because it supports the fuel tank then get yourself a tester that knows what he is doing (sorry to sounds harsh but I have heard enough ridiculous stories from MoT testers talking nonsense and trying to fail things that are not even on the inspection list)
  2. I dont think so! Never heard that before. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102229-failed-motpart/
  3. Wasn't this discussed recently, just remove it to get through the MoT, its not compulsory? Then get yourself an Ultra Racing one on order?
  4. It seems to show SORN also, but it does rely on the V5 being accurate, which for some models of imports can vary wildly. Also it looks like in the example above even UK registered cars like the VX220 VXR can get mis-registered on the site as a standard VX220. Quite handy site for getting ballparks on numbers, for comparing a car when there are very small numbers you could see small errors that make you draw big conclusions which might not be right!
  5. A quick check of the website says that there are just 2 VX220 VXRs left - when I left the forum last year there were something like 10-20 owners on there, so either they are all lying, crashed all the cars in the meantime or something is not quite right with the HML website... ...as with most things on the internet, don't always believe what you see!
  6. I think it works fine for modern vehicles but there are large holes for imports, cars that were not officially sold in the UK, it also doesnt distinguish between model changes mark 1 vs mark 2 etc. I think there are a number of other issues as well such as it only records whats on the V5 document (my R33 Skyline was recorded as a GTR and would appear in this as an R33 GTR, it wasn't unfortunately). So I would guess that for something like a 370z its fine, for anything a bit grey (which includes 350z) it isnt as good a measure.
  7. I'm guessing poor sales figures for the 370z (certainly the Roadster) means fewer second hand sales thus prices stay steady? Anyone know (UK) how many 350z were sold compared to 370z? Knock yourself out https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk Its meant to be quite inaccurate this site by all accounts?
  8. Which is exactly my point - government policy and energy costs do drive changes in vehicle ownership, demand and ultimately price I think.
  9. Oh its still on, still hundreds of pished up toffs singing and shouting a load of old gubbins on Richmond high street every day
  10. Surely not worth face value if recorded Cat C...boom boom
  11. Woodman meet - when!
  12. As long as it doesnt get in through the air intake and you do not have exposed electronics i.e. water ingress onto fuse boxes - then its fine - I have three vents in the top of my celica as standard Quite a few owners on here with vented bonnets etc.
  13. I really dont see fuel prices come into play, it is a lot like Ekona says about ved rates between de's, if anyone wouldnt buy one for the sake of a few tanks of fuel over a year, they probably wouldnt have one in the first place. 5000 miles pa @ roughly 25mpg is 900 litres, add 40p to todays prices that and its only £360, hardly worth worrying about if you ask me. I agree, however how many people come on here and say they bought a DE because the VED is half the price. I think if you suddenly get a number of 'initiatives' from the government to make us drive soulless electric tin boxes like increasing VED, throwing a load of tax onto fuel, adding another tax which doesnt already exist, creating congestion zone charges in more places etc. the combined effect will be that we could see more mainstream larger engine vehicles struggle - until they become collectible, the cost of running one would never put someone off buying a 63 mustang for instance. Looking back at the diesel push a few years back, a few government initiatives and suddenly the price of buying a petrol car dropped through the floor and diesel ownership leapt from 1m to 10m overnight.
  14. Its really difficult to tell - if the government doubles large engined VED or something exterior to the car itself which could drive down prices. If fuel prices in two years go up to £1.50 a litre, anything really that could have an impact. Its an interesting one as so much legislation is going down the route of crushing larger engined cars, might be the last of the V6s so might help it retain value.
  15. Yeah do a full change, I usually do a mini service whenever I get a new car (especially given the amount of threads on here from new owners saying their cars are having problems 4 weeks after purchase etc!) - opie oils are a good shout, Millers, Titan, etc all good oils, invest £40 or so in the oil and get it changed. Do keep an eye on the oil level, if the light comes on you are fooked. Some cars go through a litre every 1000 miles some only lose the couple of ml you wipe off the stick when you check it! Its a pain check it on the DEs but worth the two minutes of time a month.
  16. Exactly. The annual panic about a Zed because it gets a bit colder Seriously, cars will be fine, only drive in the snow (if it ever arrives last year was meant to be a bad one too...no snow again for us Southerners) in an emergency can't see what the problem is?
  17. Subtle. I like it. In terms of a spa you mean Onsen? If so they are gender separated...I did one in the mountains in Nagano when I went skiing for a couple of days it was amazing. Surrounded by snow and stark naked in a hot mineral rock pool outside in stunning garden area. My Mrs was in the girlies one separated by a high fence but could hear her chatting! I was in the onsen with a skiing instructor and a dentist and they were very chuffed that a 'gaijen' had dared to use an onsen
  18. I thought it was Craig Charles!
  19. There was an article on the BBC website recently about this
  20. Get them to take a photo on the phone and email/text it to you - modern tech and all that Appreciate you can take it off but I am pretty sure recently I saw a member put up a pic of this rusting away...along with loads of other parts attached to it, so garage might be referring to it but could be other parts rusting which would fail. Get them to take a pic of it and send it over so we can take a look.
  21. I have read this three times now and each time I still laugh out loud - whatever you do don't dent this guys enthusiasm for talking horses crap it must be brilliant entertainment.
  22. Happy Birthday Hump-meister-general!
  23. Interesting piece of trivia for you regarding that photo in Shibuya, the 109 building is actually pronounced the Ten Nine building in Japanese which roughly translates as 'To' 'Kyu' (the numbers ten and nine said in japanese) which when said out loud quickly makes Tokyo. Just trying to work out what corner you are in as well, but you would have in the bottom left corner have seen the statue of 'the' dog?
  24. Blimey, I was in there when England played Wales with Alfie so he could go on the rides (what a con, £3 a go!) we left at 5pm and it was already massively busy apparently they closed it just after we left, but 2pm is ridiculous. Anyway, there is another England game on Friday, with an exciting young team delivering, not just promising the goods with a 100% qualifying record the only team in Euro qualifying to have that, who have also scored more goals in qualifying than any other team
  25. Enjoy matey, I love Tokyo, and yes the parking if living there is excessively expensive but then again as you may have noticed you can get a cab, anywhere anytime and they are pretty reasonable in terms of cost!
×
×
  • Create New...