Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Flock off!
  2. Search 'For Flocks Sake' on Facebook, guy on there does some great work and has done plenty of cars on the Celica forums. Very reasonably priced as well (£35 for my centre console I think he quoted).
  3. Birthday wishes mate!
  4. coldel

    GT-Four

    Oh ha ha
  5. coldel

    GT-Four

    As you may have read on other threads the old girl took on the NC500 last weekend, and passed with flying colours drove absolutely faultlessly, started on the button every time and never dropped down on power. Very pleased and just blown away by how she did a good job of keeping up with many much newer more powerful cars. So as a reward she got a good clean and was treated to a new set of wheel nuts
  6. Super thanks guys, MopedMark it was your recent post that has inspired me to have a go! Might even try it this weekend...
  7. ...some of the metal parts on my engine are looking a bit sorry for themselves, so thought about working back as much as I can to a smooth surface and painting them with VHT paint. Now, its going to be difficult use a spray because some parts are not easily accessible, has anyone tried using good old fashion paint with a brush on stuff? How have they found the experience, how did it look once done? I am hoping to put a nice gloss aluminium colour on.
  8. Exactly what he said, this database if mined correctly would be worth millions, maybe billions of pounds. Imagine knowing the driving routes, stop offs, locations, routines, distances covered etc etc of every driver in the country, that is highly valuable data - wouldn't be surprised if its being sold to marketing companies as we speak...
  9. GLWTS, you swap cars more often than me!
  10. It's because the negativity in the Scottish referendum won through...so both sides playing on that now...for me the negativity isn't the issue, it's people so passionately in favour one way or the other based on reading the Sun newspaper which I find shocking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. The content of most meetings are secret? We don't get a public dossier in the press each day about what Cameron says in his meetings each day?
  12. Im going to make something up, share it on FB, wait for someone gullible enough to share it as the truth and watch it spread and be posted up on a forum as something believable that others are meant to take notice of. Seriously, crap like this that pops up on social sites...come on, we can do better than reading anything into that.
  13. Yes, pinch of salt and all that, probably about on par with the sort of stuff I get in my email about having a billionty dollars in a Nigerian bank account.
  14. Probably end up about the same price if you get it fished out by customs - but have to possibly wait until June 7th for it to arrive. Any problems and you fork out return postage. Or it might be all ok and you get it for twenty quid less. Thats the risk you take really.
  15. Steve (Redline Styling) was knocking these out at £85 each a while back, otherwise you are looking at imports...plus taxes
  16. Would you actually use it if you bought it?! I would be terrified of marking it haha
  17. Kit like that for sound, standard box with panel filter for performance...well it seems that way anyway based on a HUGE amount of discussion on here.
  18. You could do a lot worse than buy a DA and polishes for that money and have a go yourself...
  19. Please no rain, please no rain!
  20. Copper core are fine also, iridium give no performance upgrade over copper just longevity and cost a fraction of the price. Often see people changing iridiums regularly at high cost when they should be just using coppers if they are doing it that frequently.
  21. I am off on the Scotland hoon with a few people on here, given my car passed its 21st birthday recently and will be attempting to keep up with cars a fraction of that age I am considering what breakdown cover to go for in the case of the worst happening. I currently have AA Roadside through my bank account, but that just tows me to the nearest garage - I would much prefer to have the car recovered home back to London though where I have trusted (and free!) car mechanics on hand to fix any issues rather than a local garage that has never even seen a GT4 working on it for the first time (no offence to any mechanics along the route!) I tried a few, Co-op looked ok but wont insure cars over 16 years of age. Some others such as startrescue do not do proper nationwide cover and will still recover you to the nearest garage rather than get your car home. Any advice welcome...
  22. Looks a little out of place to me, I didn't leap up and think, wow. Given the smooth lines of the back of the Zed looks a bit angular and breaks that up...but if it works for you
  23. Also have to be a little careful with this Barry lot as sometimes they make an arse of themselves, I remember one prominent member on there put up a picture of this car laying into the stickers/wing etc. Turns out it was a mates car off the VX220 club, and everything on there is there because sponsors pay for them to be there Mike was time attack champion in his class two years running
  24. Oh my good lord! Not sure an Elise needed so much extra downforce, given they stick like anything to the tarmac anyway...unless he has 500bhp under the hood that needs taming?
  25. Out of interest I presume you painted the front of the engine in situ but how? I have a few bits of metal work in my engine bay that could do with tidying up...
×
×
  • Create New...