Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ha very aware of this! Brummiestormer even commented on the Scotland drive, asked why there was a column of heat coming out my bonnet whilst sat in tesco car park! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. And we don't, there are rules in place, like every country in Europe - France and Germany both take many more than we do and pay out via welfare. We had higher immigration at many points in the last 50 years than we do now, unfortunately social media makes it into something a lot more than it ever was. We need to get over the whole immigration thing as being this huge issue. If you had various problems with your car - it was spraying oil everywhere, petrol leaking out the tank and the headlight washers had run out of fluid - would the headlight washers be your main focus of resolution when its probably 10% of your issues? Or would the oil and fuel be the main cause for concern, that other 90%
  3. Seriously, look at the facts, not stories and individual daily mail style perspective. I can walk through covent garden at lunchtime past some of the dodgier pubs and see the same groups of white British born people getting hammered at midday every single day. Do I lay the blame of economic issues, employment issues, salary issues at their door? I can give you a story of British born people treating this country like crap for every one you can name about foreigners. I guarantee your stories will run out before mine do... UK born people make up the majority of welfare payouts - over 90%. Who knows how much of that is 'cheated', its hard to say, until they are caught. Some are foreign, some are British born. The fact that 90% of benefit is paid to British born people would indicate that the likelihood, and its a very strong one, is that the majority of cheats are British born. But I get it, if you are slap bang in the middle of an area that has had a large foreign influx you can have that view, but, its not the bigger picture. The idea that immigrants cause all these problems and that by voting leave will sort it all out is just fantasy stuff, but, more importantly and more scary, its a fantasy that a lot of people will buy into out of a need to aspire to something more.
  4. Property prices have gone up and down all across the country, but not because of immigration. My parents live in an area of Essex which which certainly contains more ethnicities than it used to, and their house price has gone up considerably. Can we then justify that rise based on immigration into the area? Shouting in the street, come on, I walk past dozens of lunatics of white ethnic origin every day in central London on the way to work. I believe you see what you want to see. Some people will want to see immigrants causing all of life's woes whilst ignoring the white life long benefit cheat who will never contribute anything to this country apart from being born here and breathing the air here.
  5. They should be more worried about the home grown ones hanging around on streets doing 'nowt' there are many more British ones for every foreign one. The cost to the economy of immigrant benefit claimants is less than 10% of overall benefit payments, the rest go to British born. Unfortunately it's easy to blame the minorities with baseless facts when there isn't enough representation of them to speak back.
  6. Do targa tops count? This would pretty much school 99% of other road going vehicles http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/vx220/vauxhall-vx220-supercharged-240-bhp/5620187?v=c
  7. Its going to be a very regional vote, I can guarantee most of my working class family over in Essex will vote leave, most of my friends at work in central London will vote stay. I havent spoken to anyone outside a few family members in Essex who have vote leave which counters your 'old chap' possibly?
  8. Was disappointed, it was the same format effectively with the odd twist, but they didn't twist it enough. MLB was really good though, love his blinkered view on the UK and everything about it. It was gagging to be changed and really it just felt like same as before with a different voice, actually it just goes to show how scripted and set up the previous top gear was. For some reason the studio bits there was an echo to Chris's voice, which made it all sound a bit empty and surreal, not sure why they did that. Sabine was brilliant, more of her please, awesome driver who just finds it all so effortlessly easy when in the car, natural on camera and clearly just knows cars inside out. Have to say don't miss May's endless drone and Clarkson's stupid reviews on cars which border on utter pointlessness. To be frank judging it on this one episode though and saying you will never watch it again is a bit daft, I am willing to see out the series see how it goes. Only Fools and Horses was going to be scrapped until they did the classic 'brace yourself' moment with the chandelier in the last episode of the series - its one of those where you have to see it through and then judge - this was purely the pilot, the starter for 10, introduce the hosts, etc.
  9. coldel

    GT-Four

    Turbo painted also - that will be the real test of how well the paint stays on!
  10. My very first set of cars were all losses...often £500 bangers as I made my way through uni and low paid entry level jobs...the cars effectively got driven till they died. I have always bought my cars outright, the 350z, VX220 and R33 all sold for more than I paid (ignoring the money spent on them!) so did alright there. But in terms of mods, easily spent £10k on stuff in the last 4-5 years. I don't go crazy, just work up various clever mods that have the most impact. Having a 4 year old and living in Richmond ensures that I cannot spend much more than that!
  11. Really? I have a 4 year old and like nothing more than to take that sort of opportunity to go out and have a bit of a blow out!
  12. Organise a week long party out with your mates taking in strip clubs etc whilst she is there and update her every 36 hours or so...she will soon be messaging you more often. On a more serious note, is she in San Antonio? I went there...blimey...when I was 17 which was 24 years ago...it wasn't all that nice a place but quite easy I remember to just go out and stay out all night no problem. Sure after a few nights she will get bored of how utterly tripe the place is and contact you more frequently
  13. coldel

    GT-Four

    Couldnt agree more mate, I have some titanium ones around the edges but some based in the engine area itself would make a huge difference - might go off and do some internet searching for complete kits right now..!
  14. coldel

    GT-Four

    Problem is it makes everything else look old! 😄 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. coldel

    GT-Four

    Alternator pre-paint... Post
  16. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yep and the metal bit next to the charge cooler, suppose a pre photo would have helped !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Polishing by hand, then sealing by wax will give a nice result - but its almost impossible to correct paint by hand with the stuff you mentioned. I got a DA with menzerna polishes and its amazing, not just better than doing stuff by hand, its an absolute country mile different.
  18. ...had to call the previous owner of the R33 I bought, couldn't work out how to open the fuel flap!
  19. coldel

    GT-Four

    Painted some engine bits...lets see how well it lasts! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. There are self flocking kits (seriously!) on ebay you can do a cheapo job with (sorry this is sounding more and more funny!)
  21. Sure they do: http://www.dailymail...ment-drive.html p.s: I had to google that... I don't read the daily mail. yeah yeah... I was referring to the usual individual cases they like to shout about, Mr Khan Originally from Pakistan claims £43,000 in benefits whilst playing Squash each week.
  22. Even though it was said tongue in cheek, if leaving the Eu will make no difference to immigration, laws and host of other stuff apparently leaving wont make any difference to, why not leave and stop chucking them 10 billion net each year? You are absolutely right, which is why up front I said I believe this is not a vote on immigration as a central argument, but many people think it is. In its simplest form I see this as a vote of an aspiration (of being independent of the EU of which I am not against btw) offset against the financial risk associated with it. Will the resulting uncertainty and protracted trade negotiations mean my cost of living goes up to a point it makes that aspiration worth while. I am trying to be practical on this as well as balancing that entrepreneurial spirit we all have in us. At the moment the Leave campaign have been so superficial in their arguments I cannot possibly, reasonably vote for them.
  23. Freedom of movement of movement isn't really the concern, it's managing the related expenses. For example the "we won't pay benefits until you've been here X years" idea has gone down like a lead balloon inside Europe, outside Europe we may have control over that. But this is such a basic view its bordering on pointless, what sort of rules do you apply, how do you apply them in line with international law. For example, so what of the 1m couples where one half is EU migrant and the other British born, do you penalise the British born person because their spouse is claiming a benefit. What does benefit claimant mean? It could well be that some of them are very well qualified but cannot find work (like British people who are well qualified and also not in work - do you penalise the EU migrant just because they were not born here?). What of the life long British claimant, do they have a birthright to taxpapers money over an EU immigrant who could have come here qualified and been sacked 6 months ago? I could go on about the number of permutations... ...the number of people that the basic view looks at i.e. you came here, didnt work, now claiming, is tiny, a single digit % of the overall impact on benefits in this country. Yet this is the headline grabbing stuff you see on the front of the Daily Mail (newspaper for people who want to read the Sun but don't like football) - they do not shout out '95% of benefits claimed by British born people' do they?
  24. ...just to note, For Flocks Sake is a real company!
  25. Leaving the EU will not stop immigration, you wont be able to 'shut up shop', the global economy doesn't really work that way. We will have to include freedom of movement in any trade deals we sign in the case of an exit, given that everyone seems happy to slate our politicians at every turn for being useless at negotiating anything I am not sure on that basis then why people would think they would suddenly become ace trade negotiators and be able to somehow prevent freedom of movement (which is a requisite of being in the European economic area). Are we bursting at the seams, or are people going over the top thanks to the role the media play in influencing people? Would it surprise you to know population growth in the 1960s was higher than it is now, did the country fall over then? Of course what I mentioned above is different to refugee migration, and people seem to mix the two together as if its the same thing - dealing with this is not a case of shutting the door, its about dealing with it at its source. Already most of the European continental countries are harbouring the majority, because they have nowhere else to go. Shut the door and the weight against that door just gets bigger and bigger until it goes bang and you are overwhelmed.
×
×
  • Create New...