Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Have played with VR over the last couple of years at various conferences, it is so convincing when you have the head set on. One example made you stand on a platform which suddenly shoots up in the air, even though you know you are stood on the floor, in a room, it still makes you almost fall over and put your arms out - then the guys running it challenge you to step off the platform, even though you know you are stepping around in a room, it takes all your willpower to overcome what your brain thinks its sees and step off.
  2. coldel

    GT-Four

    JDM ones came with more power out the factory than UK ones
  3. coldel

    GT-Four

    I think it was repainted in Japan where it had a single owner from new (I even have his address!) and was kept inside, it was then auctioned off to the UK and picked up by a car collector and kept in a lock up, he only did 900 miles in it between 2009 and 2015 when I bought it - seemed mental as I have a folder of receipts totally up thousands of pounds and the guy never drove it. So it hasn't really seen the light of day for years before me...hence the lack of oxidization in the red paint.
  4. coldel

    Cat C

    Nothing wrong with a Cat C as long as you know what you are buying into - well known on VX220s for instance a key alongside two panels was a cat c write off, it really depends on whats happened, its all value based not on how much damage has been done. Personally, given how many 350z's are out there you should go for a non cat one, but don't write off (scuse the pun) cat cars point blank, some can be great bargains.
  5. I have a 2009 macbook and have always updated the OS, on EC now and all working fine As you said, you have a capture of pre-update to bail you out if you dont like it.
  6. coldel

    GT-Four

    I went for this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-dual-action-polisher/das-6-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_721.html but its now out of stock! There is also a working 5% discount code on CYC at the moment if you google it. Mine was all Menzerna branded, both the pads and the polish, I used about half of a 250ml bottle of polish doing my car. I used the medium/yellow pad on mine.
  7. coldel

    GT-Four

    Its a Kestrel that many companies seem to own label, have a nose on ebay lots of 'companies' selling the same machine with their sticker on. Its a good bit of kit, a fair bit noisier than the one for instance Wasso used some time back on my Zed, think his was a Megs pro one. But it does the job and for the money you get a lot of stuff in the start package.
  8. coldel

    GT-Four

    Doffs cap to Ricey's sage advice on polishing over the last week or so!
  9. coldel

    GT-Four

    How could I possibly turn that offer down
  10. The A3 is a shocker for middle laners, its the most bizarre thing, I might take a video next time I am out to demo it - you can be driving along on the inside lane and far into the distance a stream of cars all in the middle lane. Occasionally one will pull out and then sit in the outside lane doing the same speed...it really makes the mind boggle.
  11. South Coast Workshop down near Portsmouth, £50 for the day I think it is (check with Grundy he used them)
  12. Up near Luton?
  13. Any recommendations? Ideally as close to Richmond TW9 as possible. Car had it done a few years back, but want to get a print out myself and any adjustments made. Thanking you in advance...
  14. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ha! I think just a spirited drive should shake off half the rust mate Did a second pass today with a finer finishing polish then Victoria Concours wax, I am now addicted to machine polishing, where has it been all my life It looks really good, but the difference is the feel, the smoothness of the finish when you run your fingertips over it is unbelievable.
  15. ...and remember to put the bolt caps back on when you do it
  16. Did my wiper blades by hand with a coarse sanding block, worked a treat. Rattle canned it also.
  17. You can reach down behind it from the top in the gap where the bonnet catch mechanism is, six hex/cross heads (cant remember which) hold it in place, just inscrew all 6 and it pops out no problem. You can actually unscrew some of them from the front through the grille. If you have the undertrays installed though make sure you catch them and dont let them fall in!
  18. As above, I dont cruise down the outside lane of motorways, stay left and overtake when necessary
  19. Yep that one, it goes greyish and ages the car I think - took me a few hours to prep spray and put back et voila - best couple of quid improvement on the car
  20. Good work fella, another thing I would do whilst you are there is unbolt the front grille and spray it matt black, makes a huge difference to the look and feel of the front of the car as they tend to go grey and age the car badly. ...and, upside down Toyota badge?
  21. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ordered this little chap this week, arrived Friday...happy but slightly nervous faces in the coldel household. But first the car needed some attention from this The reason being thanks to some builders at one of the two houses being renovated opposite who couldnt care less about peoples property my bonnet and other parts of the paintwork had suffered... So after a good wash and clay, a nervous coldel attempting his first machine polish got to work with some of this stuff I have to say, what a difference a machine polisher makes, wow, just wow. A couple of hours of some work and the car generally looked like this all over Would really recommend if you spend hours polishing your Zed or the like, do invest, well worth it.
  22. coldel

    Kids

    Congrats matey, enjoy!
  23. Like you would with a 350z, body mods, lower and wheels and they do look a bit good, rare as as well, I would
  24. Don't underestimate gumtree as well, I bought a cracking car off there a few years back for the wife. Also sold my alloys off there last year to the first person that contacted me. Yes its free, you get time wasters, but you just have to filter them like you would if you posted an ad anywhere else. Its a no brainer putting an ad up on there.
  25. +1 on eBay sold all my cars there, a well written advert informative pictures plus a link to a you tube walk around and a link to this forum with a build thread and always sold my cars within a week or two. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...