Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Meooowww
  2. Blimey l never saw it and l was working by it all day! Funny thing is the 355 and the DS belong to different people, yet they both have a 500 fart box. At 20 stone, the guy with the blue one struggles to get in it.Hence it's up for sale.
  3. Had the DA220 out again over the last few days on a Ferrari 355 and a full nut and bolt restoration of a Ciroen DS 23. Once again this is nothing that any of you cant do to your Zed.
  4. Could you not take the electric switch off then fit them. make a small hole for the wire and place the electric switch over the top? Just a thought!
  5. I'm assuming you mean the 370z gear knob fell apart? No it was that nasty fake Nismo! Joke Steve chill lol It was indeed the 370 one and it really is a nasty item! I dont think it is leather either as it looks and feels synthetic. However i would not put money on it!
  6. I can see the use for these in a Taxi, but in a 2-seater coupe? Don't you think a car thief would notice a big black box on suction cups and just rip it off and throw it out the window? You treat them the same as your sat nav. take it out of the car when parked up:) They are there for idiots who hit you and run away, and in this instance would have identified the truck:) As for being used against you. Only if you let it:) they have an SD card in them and you either keep the memory or loose it. Have a read of the description and click on the links and make your own minds up. If you ask all the guys that meet up from the forum at Croydon each Thursday none of them knew it was in the car until I pointed it out and even sitting in it. It was called a taxi CCTV as thats what they were initially marketed as. However they were so successful that they were put on open market. It is not as big as a Tom Tom and put down low it is almost invisable as it blends in with the Dash. I will be happy to show you at some stage as even Abbey was unaware that it was installed and they had the car in bits for a month when fitting the Super Charger. Some interesting shots:) At the end of the day the evidence is admissible in court as black and white. And l think l may have mentioned that soon a lot more insurance companies will be pushing for them to be installed. It's all about maintaining a balance. A box in the window or a £1000 hole in the wing. But yes there are smaller ones that can be hidden. One mans meat is another mans poison and I am happy with it:) Peter
  7. I would go with that £100 as nissan want £145. I took sparkys off his 370 to put the Nismo on for him last week and it fell apart? It was made of plastic and cheap material and was half the weight of the 350. Plus someone had used thread lock. Nasty cheap thing:(
  8. If l owned a 370 and l could get that rear quarter for under £200 I would be tempted to buy it. That has to be £600 new! I agree with what the others say. If someone has the ability to do an invisable repair then go for it. Sounds like you got your insurance of a comparason site with £3000 excess. Could l suggest that you do what I have done, and since some of the others have installed them. This is the cheaper one but you dont get software with it but very usable at £40. Which I have in the runaround. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-TAXI-HACK ... 3a71bf3365 I have this one in my Zed, Brillient as it comes with software. front and rear camera and microphone. It is being recommended by insurance companys because of the rising amount of false insurance hits. In your case it would have been your salvation. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAXI-CAR-CCTV ... 33683ff62b
  9. I am goning to end by saying this. These have been fitted to cars by a friend of mine for the last 5 years. Only one has had any aggravation and that was because he was a complete numpty. He deliberately would find radar sites and speed passed them. In the end the Police followed him and yes he went to court. But it was because he was Police baiting and his previous 2 x drink driving. No your not allowed to have them fitted to avoid speeding fines ect. However if you have a garage door or gate that works of the same frequency then thats fine provided you have the module fitted and remote control unit. I do:) They are fitted so that once they are activated they turn them selves off. I have mine set on 7 secs which gives you enough warning to slow down to the correct speed. The radar must lock on to you so they get a reading. After 7 seconds it will. The 1st couple of times if there is no reading they will flag up your car at Swansea. You may get a knock at the door from a friendly Police officer who will tell you to calm it and that they dont want to come out again. So as not to provoke a heated debate, all the above is based on hard evidance that can be supported. But to once again answer your question. No they are not legal. This of course is not an answer to safety as we should all drive at a speed that is safe for the conditions. But show me some one of long standing as a driver who has never ever gone over the speed limit, and I will show you a lier. I had mine installed so I can get into the automatic lift and through the barrier at a london address. There is a zero speed policy in the city and cameras will zap and lasers will fire at 32mph. So easy in a Zed to drive along the Embankment late at night at 35mph:) I do though highly recomend the Pogo Alert plus. This took over from the origine B2 and is purely a camera database device. Incidently, if you are in a say a 30 mph limit doing 30 mph passed a laser site, you will not activate a warning. This is because they laser is set up to bounce 2 signals off you. The 1st to check your speed. the 2nd to double check and if you are going above 30 mph it will send out a powerfull beam. It is this 3rd beam that does the damage. But will only activate if you are speeding:) Hence the equipment you have in the car is often refered to as useless. One thing i did find about the snooper was that soon after the latest one came out they installed Bus shelter information in real time. All london buses send out a signal so bus stops along the route can display when it is due. It is the same frequency as the snoopers of this world. l think this was done deliberately lol. Hope this helps
  10. I thought you were a fitter of gagets:) You know what I have but am not posting, so Pm me fir details:) Peter is it a shotgun?/quote]Funny enough lol http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/le30.htm
  11. http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/le30.htm
  12. Mine aint:)
  13. I thought you were a fitter of gagets:) You know what I have but am not posting, so Pm me fir details:) Peter
  14. Sit on them Matt They are worth double what you paid for them. Never make a decision in hast. All you need to do it clean the steering wheel gear and hand brake or replace those from Redline Goods in Poland And your laughing. Peter
  15. Thanks for confirming that i am not blind lol:)
  16. Think you will find mark already answerd that one:)
  17. So basically I can put this Silverline on the dumpster then. Is that what your saying guys!
  18. I cant see the attachments:(
  19. I had never even heard of them until Clown popped up with one a few weeks ago and gave it to me:)
  20. I think the list of what you haven't changed would be a lot, lot shorter So come on then Colin. What has the oldest Petrol head on the forum done to his wheels:) Or are you waiting until you have your car parking money from the races:)
  21. Then stating its worth £600 is double the truth! For £600 Taras might know some one. And l know of at least 2 people who will renew for around that price.
  22. Wonder is it belongs to Stew as its up near him:)
×
×
  • Create New...