-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
Ian when you get to be an old git like me you still want the toys. Women want shoes we want toys. There is no age limit on speed unless you are a fighter pilot. Don't get caught in the trap of having to justify yourself mate. You will bang your head against the wall. I blame Wizard for strting this post and winding you all up He is sitting at home laughing his rocks off!!!
-
The van driver is French so it could be arranged!
-
Your opinion is very valid Ian. I dont track mine and when asked why have you put the GTM on the car my answer is. because I can:) I have a neighbor that keeps having digs about me polishing the car every chance l get. Most know that I am detailing the car, but why the heck I should justify myself to a neighbor or anyone is beyond me:) Enjoy life whilst you can and the time for sleep is when you are dead:) Come on England. 3-2 France:)
-
Ray you are bored and just want a change because we are all playing about with ours. You know it makes sense to keep it. Unless you did what l have done and kept all the bits from stock to put back on then you have no choice. Its a buyers market and they call the shots. Try advertising on Outlaw modified or test the water on Ebay. But you only have a few months of saleable timeslot as the price will plummet come winter. You should have marketed it at easter when people get a spring in there stride lol. I dare not even ask what anyone would pay for mine as I know what the answer would be.
-
It's a known fact that bad news travels at 10x the speed of good. Negative comments tend to be made in the heat of the moment and seldom thought out. And car forums can be a nasty weapon for the release of pent up frustration. Quite often the person leaving the comments shoots themselves in the foot as a result. As both sides of the story slowly emerge. Its the end results that count, and if given the chance to put things right I am sure all concerned will have a happy ending. It is a shame as there are a few incidents on here at the moment that lead to unpleasant reading and is quite off putting. I would like to think if anyone had issues with my work they would have the decency to come to me 1st. We are afterall supposed to be mature adults are we not!
-
Yours aint to bad either Tony!!!
-
D.I.V.O.R.C.E. lol However they do give you a life time refill. At the end of the day its down to the prep. But that takes some beating!
-
Thought you might all want to take a look at this. Only for the rich and Forum Mods can afford this:) http://www.monzacarcare.com/zymol/zymol ... a-glaze/0/
-
When you put the pictures up would you mind letting us know how much he charged please? I had a guy do one on my front bumper. Paid him £75. It was crap and he liquidated the next day! I have no issues with paying, but do have issues when they know they are liquadating. trouble is he has now dissapeared off the face of the earth.
-
The leather has sagged and I would need the frame sorted. Plus I can see indentations. Even if l unzipped them and got them off they would never sit right as I suspect the foam swab could be fractured. I am after some GTR seats for myself that need referb. Will go to £400.
-
It appears to be a composite material. Aftermarket obviously. No doubt the same material that all the other non- carbon spoilers are made of. l,have seen similar on a Black Zed and Tamper orange one.
-
Thanks for the feedback folks. Beginners luck lol:)
-
Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants
4RE Leather replied to MITZ@CougarStore's topic in Servicing
Rickmansworth very seldom come down on the side on the customer. When l had issues with Crystals in Grantham supplying me with a motability vehicle that had 2 bald tyres as in one had wire sticking out the side, and broken wipper blades. Then sent me home in a thunderstorm I had to camp outside GB HQ to get any notice. And the dum girl who was dealing with my complaints said it was a dealer customer issue and could not get involved. Motorbility said something because I was certainly compensated, but what a fight to get it. trouble is we seem to be a nation of backfooters and dont like confrontation. Sorry Wasso l nicked ya post mate:) -
Would it not be a good idea if you were to actually pop over so he can see it warts and all! I know I would. Your not commited to anything and he doesn't bite!
-
It might be there uploader as sometimes it does not upload in HD. Unlike photobucket. I am about 2moro if the weather is nice. Wednesday pm I shall be at RT working on a range Rover. Has Taras actual seen your car in the flesh? I have seen some excellent work and I really am not joking when i say i want the high gloss lime green wrap with everything else hard shiny carbon. I need one of those design software programmes that I can do a mock up on the PC first. P:)
-
Thanks for that. it is going to be an ongoing one as quite a few of the guys want to try out different products and document the results. Not that i will ever find it again:) Suprising what comes out of Mothercare nowadays:) Peter
-
These are basically just different pictures that has been taken after the detailing. Still a bit of work to do. I only used Maguiars products with the exception of the last wax http://www.monzacarcare.com/migliore-1/ ... uba-wax/0/ After washing I used a claybar to get that smooth as glass finish. I was advised to pull the claybar in the direction that the wind would travel. Ie front to back! For lubricant I used last coat detailing spray. Notice the contaminants are being pulled up off the paintwork by the clay/ After claybar. Then mask up all the door rubbers and anything that you dont want cut and polish on. In this case i used Blue decorators tape as it has a low tack. In my case I was lucky as i had a 2/3/5 and 7" set of polishinh pads, so i had no need to take all the art deco off:) I applied one medium cut with the cutting flexipad that is used with the DA220 maguiars polisher. After the 1st cut I then applied a glaze polish followed by Ultimate Liquid wax then the £145 tin of Migliore Competizione Carnauba Wax. Applied very thinly with an applicator or though some prefer to use there hands to apply it. As my fingers were cracked and stinging from the claybar and detailing, I was reduced to a application pad:( End results were impressive and certainly got some good feedback of the professional Detailers who were at Croydon on Thursday. Now the sun has started to fade you can actually see the depth of the shine. I will get there weather permiting:) I was amazed at the transformation of the wheels using a wheel wax as shown on the leather restore page! http://www.monzacarcare.com/migliore/mi ... el-seal/0/ Thanks to Clown for the finished pictures. Think that will do for now:)
-
Genuine Nissan OEM Splash guards in stock
4RE Leather replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
There is a kit for attaching and they use the existing holes. That much i do remember even if l cant fine the box that they are in Aerrreeee -
You though I would not notice that the leather needs cleaning young man! that's why you took the picture in the dark! And you know l speak the truth!
-
A whole car for 99p. wow thats a bargain!
-
I have a spare front wheel at Abbey. Ask Scott for a price and he will sort that for you if you want. Well its a start lol:)
-
-
Morning Taras. Looking forward to the positive side of this as you know. New and exciting stuff. right I am going to bed now as l am knackered.