Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. North awakes everytime. Even if your not hooning round you've got the Evo Triangle, Horseshoe pass and all of snowdonia to ogle. It's a very pretty place.
  2. and break the code of the anonymous keyboard warrior guild?! You sick bastard!
  3. Got to be honest this was my initial thought. Surely anything with mechanical metal contact is going to create some 'sediment' to form. I guess it's how you interpret the word shavings but I reckon he just means the usual stuff. I wouldn't sweat it until you actually feel or hear a problem to be honest.
  4. The Internet in Bali is poo so thought I'd take a chance on replying without loading up the 3rd page. Fail!
  5. Dan.....Daaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! Personally I love a good ditchfinder. .....spices things up a bit!
      • 3
      • Like
  6. Thats no little scrape. I'll bet both nuts that its written off especially if airbags have gone off
  7. I think mine was a 2003 plate with the 3l straight 6 230bhp jobbie. I think its called the M54 engine. Mine was pretty highly spec'd but honestly it just felt a bit cheap. Inside wasn't great quality and looked bland. Runflats can be slung but they were spring tingling. It was quick but for a 3l straight 6 needed to be worked to get it moving. Look good value for an early model but your also getting a Boxster for the same money which the 3.2 is supposed to be a peach of a car and the 2.7 is very economical for the power and speed. As Dan always says get a higher miler and your less likely to see an IMS(?) issue. Dblock always used to say that parts were crazy cheap considering they were porker. Eurocarparts stock half of them.
  8. Alanis Morrisette should read this post so she knows what ironic actually means! Maybe he is an orphan Sent from the golf club... Reet over my head that one mate?
  9. Alanis Morrisette should read this post so she knows what ironic actually means!
  10. Hunter is a fraud avoidane system used by insurers. Technically yes you do need to declare it if the insurer asks if you have had any 'accidents' (not just claim in the last X years......a question which they all have tailored to cover this kind of scenario. I would seriously doubt the breakdown company subscribe to Hunter and Hunter is voluntary rather than compulsary.
  11. Z4 was uncomfortable and whilst fast justnot very interesting getting there. Bland interior as said above. The M however is supposed to be something else. SMD check the oil housing for leaks if getting the 3 litre......its about the only problem it has but its very common.
  12. Where's dblock with the 'cool story bro' meme when you need him!
  13. christ how difficult it this thread being made! Declared then insurer will pay....not declared then obviously not. Not road legal for MOT pass. I have never in my long line of crashes had an insurer query a valid MOT on the car.
  14. Unemployed. .... more Access to another car...... less Married......less Kids under 16......more Homeowner......less Journo.......more (even of no business use) Its because more people crash into their garage or damage it in while parked in there than those who just park on the drive Usual insurer shite.
  15. This is the guy from Iceland isnt it? I always thought he was a potential mild mannered troll to be honest.
  16. Just get a second hand one. For the love of sweet Jesus do not pay 46k for a 370 with a different frock on!
  17. Just find the directors details online and send a letter to their home address.....soon gets em moving!!
  18. Im sure pug do this on the RCZ as well. Absolute spastic of an idea by some designer bigwig. Who the hell wants to hear a fake engine noise ffs!!
  19. Its happening often out of warranty on 4 or 5 year old cars between 30 and 60k so no support from Porsche Dozen have manufacturers have had major product issues and it impacts their business very little I'll take your word for it mate as youve obviously done your homework but I seriously cant see how Porsche c survive reputationally with a 30/40% catastrophic engine failure rate.
  20. 30/40%!!!! Porker wouldnt even be in business if that was the case. Christ I bet the 8's failure rate isnt that high!
  21. Sorry to hear that but on a brighter note there are some epic auto corrects in this thread! Getting a big ass bolted to the floor......presumably next to the hungry rototiller! !!
  22. Ricey

    My new......

    Very bizarrely I was only thinking about member that you never see anymore the other day and your name popped up in my head! Welcome back
  23. Press and hold the TC button but it's still sort of there a bit. To disengage totally I think you have to pull a fuse but be warned I think this disables a few driver aides.
  24. As soon as I saw the thread title that was my immediate reaction! !
  25. I think it's since we all stopped asking what tyres to use!
×
×
  • Create New...