Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. I think the Cosworth panel filters Alex is selling are the choice of those that know. I've got a pop charger because I'm easily amused by whooshing noises.
  2. Ricey

    Fitting an exhaust

    Yes. Meh I figured as much. I accidentally left myself logged in anyway and Carla clocked this post - threats to remove testicles we're made. I like having a crack at things but this might be beyond my tool kit of a tube of locktite, some ordinary household bleach and an otter.
  3. Apparently Maxxis are good enough to afford a slot on the advertising hoarding at the house of Redsh**e (Anfield)
  4. All fittings come with this item so you can simply bolt it to your car. ahem..........is this me just asking for trouble?
  5. ......boooooo my poor old family doggie finally chompsed her last chew today. .......not before taking a chunk out of the vet though Rimmer 'what are you doing with that....you can't whack death on the head?!' Lister 'If he comes near me I'm gonna rip his nipples off' RIP Sally dog. xx
  6. We've got them on the rear of ours....I'm still alive! In fairness I had the same concerns but they seem to be alright. Not even felt the back step out yet.
  7. Vinnie says happy boythday
  8. ffs! Just took a piccie before shaking it back up but my stupid glitchy HTC Legend glitched all over the place and took a snap of some logs instead.......lost forever now Just imagine the pale ale Stifler had to drink but green. The Clay Lube has also now defrosted! Lucky I brought the rabbits in if thats what happened to a fairly sturdy chemical compound
  9. WTF!!!!! Went in the shed to squirrel all my nice new cleaning bits away and all my products are literally frozen solid! The dodo juice shampoo has also undergone some sort of weird temperature induced separation and has a rather evil looking layer of dodo entrails sunk to the bottom. ......I have a complaint letter waiting for whoever is in charge of the weather
  10. We've literally just replaced the one in our buy to let for £1900 by a friend of a friend. That was ripping out a backboiler, fire, old tanks and fitting a new Baxi -combiboiler.....didnt replace the rad valves though (which in hindsight I think is a government requirement now ). Depending on what make boiler they are fitting that doesn't sound a bad price.........Grittish Bas would probably want 3.5k. For 1k..........maybe use Mrcentralheating (cheapest place I could find) for a budget unit find a 'competent' friend who will do it for nothing (otherwise its illegal) then get a Gas Safe reg engineer to commission it. Are the tenants on any benefits? Depending on what they claim they could apply for a warm front grant.
  11. Most of the crude prices are based on global manufacturing demand for oil.......remember when the recession first started and we were using the vacuous media phrase 'the credit crunch'....fuel actually went down for a fair while. On the face of it that seemed like a good thing but the reality was it dropped due to global manufacturing decreasing.....everyone kept driving their cars, they just weren't buying new ones.
  12. You may have missed the point most of us 'against' were making. I don't think there has been much in the way of anyone saying killing a fox is a bad thing...........bullet through the noggin to stop it being a pain in the arse......Charles Darwin foxy my friend - we invented the gun so your going down. Tearing a creature to pieces for any reason other than 'this is the easiest and most efficient way for me to end this life' just seems bad juju to me. Fox hunts killed 21-25k of foxes per year......accounting for 5% of the 'fox mortality' around half of which are cubs who would probably die anyway due to natural wastage (infant mortality if you like)......not exactly a massive impact is it? Its just an excuse for a load of rah-rah's and their friends to go on a jolly. In my humble of course. ......and I drive a fast car because by the time the Ozone layer finally packs in I'll be long gone!
  13. Good points made, but I think we are getting side tracked here, this is about fox hunting, its inhumane. fact. Cx
  14. Grrrrrr Ricey's other half here! It's nature for fox's to hunt for food. Who are we to say it is wrong? We don't hunt, we just breed them, feed them up till they are fat, mostly in awful situations (battery hens for example) then slit their throats. I am sure if a fox had more humane ways of killing other than using their teeth they would. If it's about morals and "they do it so why can't we" child like talk ......We should be the better species and not go as low to ride around on a horse thinking we are something we are not and getting a "kick" out of watching a poor defensive little thing getting ripped to pieces ALIVE! Especially when it probably has little cubs waiting for their mother/father to come home with their food (your chicken!) It's wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, totally inhumane, cruel and totally pompous! People who support fox hunting need to be chased round a field for hours, then when you have no more legs left in you, try to find a hiding spot, take your last breath and watch the 20000 dribbling teeth in front of you ready to tear you to shreds, then tell the world you think its the best way to rid the countryside of what you call "vermin" Who are we to decide who should be killed and how? Total joke!!
  15. Ricey

    interesting clocks

    Avoid disaster! Do nothing, touch nothing, buy nothing pm Husky immediately . viewtopic.php?f=53&t=24765&hilit=white&start=45
  16. Come on biskwits! This could form the basis of a moral debate if you ever are called upon to cover an RE lesson! as a teache ri'm not allowed to give my point of view, but give both parts of a balanced argument. and then allow the student to make their own mind up. one thing i do encourage is to get my kids to look at the facts, and not to listen to the tripe that the media pedal. Biscuit in action allowing little Jimmy to make his own minds up - "so little Jimmy......am I right......or wrong?"
  17. Come on biskwits! This could form the basis of a moral debate if you ever are called upon to cover an RE lesson!
  18. Ricey

    Yay/Nay?

    Alcantara - yay Richbrook - nay Redline goods - double yay
  19. Whoops! Double post error!
  20. Just being devils advocate to keep the debate going here Matt but why should the fox die (and by die I mean be torn to pieces while its alive) because it kills chickens by tearing it to shreds? If a fox had opposable thumbs and a gun he would probably save himself the aggro of getting covered in blood.......but he doesn't so he uses his teeth. Why just because WE decide a chicken is more important than a rat do we defend a chickens honour against a fox more than a rats against a cat? Cats bring all sorts of furry little creatures in to the house to play with before killing and ignoring.......but we wouldn't want to go round setting dogs on cats would we? As the dominant species - yeah fair enough we decide who should be culled.....but we still have a choice between doing it sadistically in the name of a pissup or clean and efficient to maintain the countryside.
  21. I used to love it but I remember a time when I actually used to believe that Top Gear wasn't rehearsed and all a big set up. The entire programme much like all the panel quiz shows (Question of Sport, Buzzcocks ETC) are all scripted from start to finish. Every joke, every failure, every hilarious problem they come across........so what's the point in getting excited about anything? Hammond driving his head 3 ft under ground at 300 mph was about the only 'real' thing in the last 10 years. Personally I was more disappointed with how kack Benidorm was.
  22. I wouldn't worry about looking silly driving in this weather.....I don't think any of us are having much fun!
  23. If urban foxes are perceived as a major threat to towns and cities then we'd best start up a new tradition to counteract the biggest single threat to human society and the homo sapien gene pool.........we shall call it the 'Chav Hunt'
  24. I got spoilt but luckily I had a pair of Take That tickets stashed as a counter-measure in case the missus overspent on me ! I got a Megs GD220 polisher (and I was one of the few who didn't know about it!), a pic I took blown up on a canvas (the 'winter pics' thread Chris posted), a leatherman, a nice belt that was too big (not anymore thanks to the leatherman ), Red Dead Redemption 2, Final Lost series, Reiss Coat, aftershave and multiple other bits a pieces. Santa did indeed empty his sack all over me!
×
×
  • Create New...