-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
One I test drove had the same problem. They replaced the sensor.....not sure where its located but it think they can sometimes be cleaned up. ......although if your prepared to give your missus a blank cheque for a ring I'm sure you can stretch to a new sensor!
-
Fair play........Tim rules I was polishing like a demon with my new pads yesterday!
-
Haha I know your not mate - I love the fact that opinions on the 8 are fully polarised......no one ever sits in the middle. I tell you what though.......like it or not the prices you can pick up 8's for these days are scary - its a whole lot of car for the money! If it was reliable and only cost 5 or 6k I think I would of had a different opinion........I think my 8 was just a bad experiance from start to finish and not really a fair reflection on the car.......still not a fan of the high revving jap units though (Type R, S2000, RX8 ETC) - they seem too much like hard work
-
I knew this would kick it off. Different strokes for different folks GMC.......I had some 'fun' in the RX but only cocking about with the DSC turned off. As a daily driver it was soul destroying (In my humble) - but then I love my big lazy V6 lumps that will happily pootle along in 5th at 30 when your town driving. Fuel - just over 200 miles a tank if your lucky.......Zed aint much better but it sounds like a throttled lion rather than a tumble dryer on the final spin. Faults......3 year old RX had under warranty - new alloys, new CD player, New rear light clusters, new oil cooler hoses, new handbrake leaver, flooded twice, died when left for more than 5 days 3 times and started accelarating in a very odd manner at 30k. Coil packs seem to be worth an instant change by my research. 7.5k depreciation in 18 months difference it you'll be buying one thats already swallowed the depreciation......which does make it an attractive prospect (Zed still gets the vote by a country mile for me though) I'd be very wary of what Lexx mentions with the stealer though.........have a good luck round if you haven't test driven any others - or get a RAC inspection.
-
Get an MX5 it its a tester car.......roof is a piece of piddle to get up and they're really fun to drive. .........in fact specifically get our MX5 thats currently hibernating until Spring before it gets sold
-
sorry mate I read to gumpf which said 'cloth seats'......didn't look at the leather interior piccy. I think the Rays were actually optional extras so I'm talking utter shash! Its got the steering wheel controls so it could well be the GT.
-
You'll be surprised mate there are a few mackems knocking about on here I'm sure.
-
I'd say the price is about right for the car. Its not the top spec one - reasonable milage but given the price of Zeds these days most people are looking for the GT pack (leather, rays ETC). I wouldn't be worried about the price - they were taking piddle and now they want shut of it. Have a look in the buying guides for potential problems (clicky axles ETC) and preferably take someone who knows what they're looking at with you You'll probably get a 3 month warrenty on it anyways. RX8's - stop in the name of love!!!!!! Lexx and Stan will be along to defend their honour but they will suck your wallet dry and you'll have to spend all day at 7000rpm to go anywhere without crying. Boot will swallow up weekend bags no problem. Also if its been sat since June the battery could well be snaffered after the winter we've just had. Good luck!
-
discussed to death to be hones mate. Admiral in a nutshell; - VERY cheap. - Not too bothered by Mods (chip, zorst and pop charger put mine up by £35ish). - English call centres populated by some good and some retarded drones - Foriegn overspill call centres populated by some good and some retarded drones Basically the same as every other insurer in the world except they are almost always the cheapest premium (with the obvious few exceptions).
-
I've noticed this a few times no the petrol caps too......I don't think its owt to worry about. I'm glad you said that about the colour too! We've got a Sunset Zed and it say Red on ours so don't worry.
-
........unless of course your Calzed .........one off though I guess! I don't think the seller knew about any defects on that car TBH Sorry that didn't actually read very well did it! What I meant was people vouched for it and Dene was obviously a good guy and big enthusiast but sometimes you just never know when somethings going to pop.
-
........unless of course your Calzed .........one off though I guess!
-
8000 miles???? Whoever owned it previously wants shooting for not driving it enough!!!..........It wasn't Gazza was it - he's been banned for a good while Looks very
-
low 20's........last fill up post VAT rise 88 squid
-
Took about 20-30 mins to apply the Megs with the machine but I applied the wax by hand as wasn't really sure how to get the Dodo Juice Wax onto the pad!.....I washed, polished, waxed, hoovered, gliptone cleaned/conditioned leather and tyre blacked the both Lancer and the Zed over about a 7 hour period It got to that horrific point of the day where winter dusk sets in and the condensation was sitting on the car before I could get the wax off......I feel like I've been rogered by Mr Miyagi!!
-
Thanks to Tim I've just done my ooberscratched Lancer with the G220 and Megs ultimate and feck-a-doodle-doo..............the paint is like glass!
-
Snoopy and Stumpy giving it rizz
-
Saw 4 at dealers - all pricey and looked immaculate but turned out to be utter sheds. Bought 1 blind from a dealer in Scotland at a bargain price and turned out to be better than I could of expected. You just don't know without seeing them unfortunately........someone who needs the cash might be selling cheap - someone with a dog might not want to sell quick and keeps the price high. The 90 squid for a tank of fuel might see prices nosedive this year. Don't forget buying a forum car means you can at least research some of its history from the posts on here.
-
I'd have to make a profit first!!! If I remember rightly from my CeMAP days you can offset any costs incurred to purchase and maintain an asset (the property) against capital gains tax when you sell (eg make 20k profit after personal 'non-taxable allowance' and offset the 10k spent doing it up against your CGT ).
-
I have stuck a quote from the Rob Grant Book Incompetence on my monitor......currently its gone unnoticed and my job is in tact. I've headed it THE FUTURE Bad is the new good. In the not too distant future the European Union enacts its most far reaching human rights legislation ever. The incompetent have been persecuted for too long. After all it's not their fault they can't do it right, is it? So it is made illegal to sack or otherwise discriminate against anyone for being incompetent.
-
bloody hell mate don't be dishing out advice like that! Its a warning light for a reason.
-
Congrats mate! At 90 quid a tank your going to have some deep pockets with 2 nippers!!