-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
1) Cerealuk 2) Maccaman 3) Captain 4) Nixy 5) Bronzee 6) ChrisS 7) Gazhull 8) Buster 9) Flyboy 10) Woody 11) michael robinson 12) mc 13) Ricey
-
I know I need to inform them mate - I just really don't want to claim through them. Can I just catagorically state - just in case anyone was unaware of my stance on this.........Insurance companies suck the big kahuna. (said in a the MOST weasley insurance voice you can muster)......yes but your statistically more likely to be involved in another crash now sire. ....give me strength. I'll let them know this morning.
-
And you haven't even met spursmaddave yet! Seriously though you need to have a good look at the scorpion first and make sure you like the look of it. Personally I think the OEM looks better (after I put a Scorpion on ours ) Scorpion sounds perfect in my opinion though - it doesn't drone at all.
-
Don't forget its the Scorpion on the car at the mo so HER insurance company will have to put the car back to its state pre-accident meaning they have to replace the Scorpion - hence me saying around £380 to supply and fit.........suppose I should of put the wind up her a bit more and quoted for an OEM! If I go through my insurance they'll stick an OEM on it (Costing twice the amount). I really don't want to stick an accident on our claim history if we can avoid it too. If all goes well she'll call her insurer to tomorrow and admit liability then I can go through them.
-
Yip - they'll only pay for OEM materials (unless you pay for a separate individual modification premium in addition to the additional modification premium they've just charged)...........which actually might work quite well - let them fit a new OEM and flog new one, the bent scorpion and old OEM - use the funds to buy a Nismo There's no chance I'm going down the non-insurance route.........it sounds like such a cliche but both our necks are killing! Besides - she seems to be under the impression that a few scratches will be cheaper than paying her excess - her face hit the floor when I said the exhaust would be around £380 fitted minimum.
-
Myeah...I need to notify them regardless. I'll let them know but I'm going to try and claim through her insurer first. Admiral won't replace the Scorpion if I claim through them - they increase the premium for a mod but they don't insure the mod itself (good old bit of insurance shafting logic for you there!).
-
I know but its a right ball ache going through your own insurer .......you have to claim on your policy, pay the excess until they get around to claiming it back and then you have to declare a claim next renewal.......this way I technically have not made a claim - she's made the claim for damaging our car. I'm never sure when your supposed to call plod....seemed a bit excessive for a couple of sore necks. I'll report it and get an incident number after docs on Monday.
-
its just jargon dude I RCKN ITS MR LKE TXT SPEAK! (Translated by the Txt Speak Translator). Searchy - Zorst........93 pages of matches Using Text speak = flamed Using Jargon = Down with the kids Ricey Wins!
-
Classic A statement worthy of Husky's 'forum quotes and funnies' thread if ever I saw one
-
I've not told our insurance yet - I'll call hers tomorrow and if she's admitted liability then I won't bother with ours. You've got 48 hours to report it to your insurer. I had a look at the clamping regs - a sign at the enterance of a car park (and no where else) is not acceptable, a sign where you cannot read the details is not acceptable (Vine vs Watham Forest), a clamper not displaying the company emblem on their vehicle is not acceptable (they were in an unmarked MPV). Clamper admitted to me that they had to put the sign high up and not where they should put it because the Wok bar employees kept ripping them down.
-
Aside from feeling slightly uncomfortable that I don't have her insurance details and forgot to take piccies of her car I'm quite glad about the bump because the zorst has been bent worse than it was which means we'll get a nice new one and the bumper is just a respray I'm sure (all looked ok in the boot). Carla feels quite sick with neck pain and my neck and lower back are sore too so I'll be claiming the living turd out of her insurance. I am right in thinking that the sign for the clamping is taking the piddle isn't it? Order a mahusive Pizza Hut with sides, dessert to drown our sorrows
-
...........which would put me in the middle of a cocking thunderstorm. £150 clamping fee last night when apparently I was supposed to be able to see this sign (located 20ft away form where I was parked) in the dark.......Carla is helpfully providing some perspective on the actual height of the sign The we get a spark out to have a look at the electrics in the other house we have.........he spends 2 hours undoing all the light fittings that I've spent 12 months bodging......nuff said - I think we all know enough about me and DIY by now. Then we get a phone call from Carla's mum (who's at the house) to advise that one of the light fittings has gone 'BANG' and is now pouring with smoke..........back on the blower to the spark who will be back out in an hour. Turns back around to go back to the house......creeping along in traffic............BANG.........tart in a Corsa slams into the back of the Zed. According to her 'we were lucky that you were at a standstill or it could of been much worse'.......errrm no - thats about the worst possible thing we could of been doing as we absorbed the full impact. 'perhaps you could get a quote rather than going through insurance and I'll pay for the damage as there's very little on your car'.............hmmmmm let me think...........how about no! Zorst is bent to frig (worse than before) and bumper has scratching on it. Just rang her to get her insurance details as she couldn't remember who she was insured with - apparently she was too upset to call them tonight so she'll call them in the morning.......she still hasn't bothered to ring her mum to find out who she's insured with (57 plate Corsa so I don't think its any uninsured dodgyness). So in summary this weekend has been about as pleasant as shaving your testicals with a cheesegrater
-
They appear to be quite a bit deeper than say a scorpion. Someone compared it to a some nearer a k1 There should be a good few links knocking around about them though.....they're a well discussed zorst!
-
Shame they didn't make Nova's on a 52 plate.......some asbo would of been made up
-
I know........its all the taffs coming over the border and illegally parking
-
DO NOT GIVE UP Loads of us have been through this and it literally feels like the whole worlds car market is populated by utter kack! My advice - spread your net a bit further and if you end up finding one miles away see if a local forum member can give it a once over for you before travelling up. Also be patient - 3-6 months looking is not unheard of........your not buying a Focus remember - they're a rare little swine to get hold of!
-
If only I'd had a willing mate with a power supply and grinder to hand.........I did consider it but then I looked at the tools at my disposal - a Mee Gee Seafood Box, Sweetbox, a keyring with a Meerkat on it and the key to the shed. .........just wasn't happening.
-
Probably would then have been done for criminal damage! I am sure some of the Ricey wordsmanship will have the desired effect... Neils actually right mate...in good old Scotland you call your mate to get an angle grinder and bizz it off. Its classed as extortion North of the border. The clamping company were actually quite sound to be honest. The bloke on the phone said to make sure I keep the receipt so I can contest it and so did the bloke unclamping - he even said due to the length of time its classed as a 'short term offence' anyway. I'll take some piccies of the sign tomorrow when its light............cue Ricey visiting the scene of the crime in the morning which now has 5 freshly hung signs.
-
Meh.........its not all bad - I've not had anyone to write one of my 'special letters' too for a while now. .......fresh meat for the grinder
-
Yip £9.40 for 2x small sized Wok & Go's £150 for some scouse oik to come and unclamp my car which was parked in an area where the signage comprised of 5 dots of adhesive on the wall next to my car where a sign presumably previously lived and another on at least 12ft in the air on the opposing wall that I was parked 25 ft away from, in tiny font which apparently was warning me my ass was going no-where should I park here. Its saying something when a burly scouse clamper is so ashamed that he points out the address to send your complaints into.
-
.....I've just paid £159.40 which is a bit of a shitter for 8 oclock after a hard week at work.
-
And for those of you who were wondering what the rest of the night will bring .......where did I put the 'tossing the salad' smiley
-
I used to be indecisive.......but now I'm not so sure
-
Happy birthday meladdo......try to avoid any intrusions of the barking spider (yours or anyone else's) this weekend