Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. I reckon it depends. If I was offered an extra 20k a year to move to another company I'd be off like a shot. If I was an amazing player and I played for Everton for 1 mil a year and the Mancs offered me 3 mil to move I'd stay with Everton...........however - if I played for anyone else then yes I'd be gone! Then again..........you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. You could end up hating playing for your boyhood club if its run badly enough (see Rooney, Jeffers, Speed in our recent history).
  2. Old enough for the chant 'Steve Gerrard, Gerrard, he scores from 40 yards, kisses the badge on his chest and hands in a transfer request'........to still ring out around Goodison when he comes to visit He held the club he 'loves' to ransom for an extra 20k.......what a hero!
  3. back........well nice looking car mate.
  4. I don't think Giggs and Gerrard would agree. Oh really...........in between battering DJ's Saint Stevie has shown his complete loyalty time and time again http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 653041.stm
  5. so at least 3 mods then!.......sounds like the sickness is already setting in.
  6. Thats bloody criminal!! We've been given a 520d BM! I'd be kicking right off!
  7. Mate thats really nice........good to see you back in the fray. One slight micropoint I would make is.......have you checked the exotic rumble isn't coming from a less than exotic hole in the zorst???
  8. I'm sure they'll get the point...........
  9. Well its sat there waiting to go up for sale
  10. No insurance, tax or MOT so a clamping fine would be the least of my worries
  11. Whilst the Zed is in hospital I thought I'd get the MX5 out of mothballs for a good cleaning before being tucked up until Spring........came out well for an old girl. Pics are a bit pants but by the time I uploaded them and realised I'd put the cover on ETC and couldn't be bothered reconnecting the battery and backing her out again!
  12. Dooooooo yooooooou have some one who looks after yooooooou???? Can we speak with theeeeem? Back in reality......they look a lot better cleaned up.....bloody foul in the advert though.
  13. Personally I lost a vast amount of interest in being a football fan after Rooney defected. Can't say it did us any harm but I have quite an unusual view of football....for me I'd rather scrap against relegation with a team of people who want to play for you and be controlled by a director with no money but a history steeped in the club than I would be successful with a load of merc's and a foreign business man at the helm. I had way more good memories of being a football supporter as a kid when we escaped relegation than I have being one of the shiter teams in a tin pot European cup. .........then again I'm quite odd
  14. searchysearchy Michael!! viewtopic.php?f=72&t=34954&hilit=removing+aerial
  15. probably only taking a guess at what you've already assumed but I would think - utter ballache getting through various layers of trim to get at it then nothing more than a simple bolt..........I'm sure those that know will give you a full guide though.
  16. 8th most expensive player in history after 6 months in the prem .........just when you think life can't get any worse as an Everton fan you can always rely on the reds**te to brighten up your day. £35 million........that must make Louis Saha worth about £100 million! Torres is your typical sulking foreign mercenary striker.
  17. Better still get this one! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-Sabre-Bees ... 1089wt_905 You'll look the bees (boomboom) knees!
  18. Based on my investigations my letter went to a derelict warehouse where they purport to be based..........unfazed I sent an email to the inquiries address for the land owner Giles Insurance just to put the wind up em a bit! Dear Sirs/Madam, I am writing to you to keep you appraised of the current situation regarding the clamping of my vehicle at your premises at 19.45pm on the 28th of January. The attached letter details the full extent of my appeal to DCS (Direct Car Parking Solutions) who are contracted by yourselves to act as parking enforcement at the your Bath Road office. I have also attached the picture of the DCS signage covering your land which is situation approximately 13ft in the air, in an unlit area, in a font that is completely illegible to anyone without a step ladder. This letter was sent to DCS by recorded delivery on the 01/02/2011 and has not been signed for as of yet. It has come to my attention that the address for appeals stated on the DCS invoice is actually a derelict warehouse and therefore I have concerns that the mail will not be collected from the sorting office. As per my letter DCS have 21 days to provide me with a response and a full refund of £150 due to the issues detailed in my letter. Should a response and refund not be forthcoming by the 21st day I will at this point launch legal action to reclaim the monies via the Chester County Small Claims court. At this point I will be pursuing a full refund and recompense from the distress this has caused and any costs I may incur. It is important that you understand that as the land owner Giles Insurance would be a 'Co-Defendant' and therefore jointly and severally liable for any settlement amount. I would urge you to contact your DCS to encourage them to respond to avoid any unnecessary action. This situation has been caused by the poor signage and activities provided by DCS and they should take responsibility for it. You will receive a 'Letter Before Action ' in 21 days time should a satisfactory response and refund not be received. Finally I would like to note that I genuinely did not realise that your land was a private car park and the signage provided makes it impossible for anyone to enter into any kind of acceptance of the clamping contract.
  19. FYI, I think Demon Tweaks in Wrexham stock the Scorpion. Surely they can drive there and pick one up? Pete 7 They're talking utter guff mate.........they can get one delivered off ebay in less than 24 hours! Someones going to be getting sent off with a flea in their ear.
  20. Clamping company got this sent too them as well! DCS 158-164 Price Street Birkenhead, CH41 3PR Reference - Clamping : 28/01/2011 Vehicle Registration : M111 NXA Location : Bath Street, Chester Dear Sirs, This letter should be taken as a formal appeal in respect of the immobilization of the above named vehicle at 19.45pm on the 28th of January 2011 at the above location. The grounds for the appeal are as follows; There is no clear signage visible in the area where the vehicle was parked. 1 sign (photograph attached) is present in the area but is quite clearly insufficient due to the location, height, lack of lighting and size. It is unreasonable to expect anyone to be able to read and understand the contents of the sign due to its location. Regardless of this fact the sign is not in clear view due to its height. The authorised user (DCS clamping operative) stated to myself that the sign was placed in this location as previous signs had been removed by employees of local outlets. The sign was therefore placed in a position that was known not to be adequate (photographic evidence of previous sites where the signs were mounted is also available should you require it) to facilitate your needs rather those of the public. The authorised user (DCS clamping operative) did not display the DCS company logo on the vehicle used to enforce the clamping. You are therefore in breach of your code of practice. The DCS operative on the telephone insisted on a cash payment and no other alternative methods to make payment were offered – this widely regarded as unacceptable practice by courts. The charge of £150 was unlawful. The maximum you may charge for a cash release fee is £135. Should you be in any further doubt regarding the validity of the appeal I would refer you to case law in point; Vine vs Waltham Forest – Briefly the case law in point references the fact that an individual cannot enter into the contract to agree to a clamping unless they are able to clearly read the information on the signage and therefore make an informed decision to enter into the clamping contract. I would like to mention that regardless of the unpleasantness of the situation and the above disputed points the DCS operatives, both on the telephone and at the scene were polite and helpful in respect of the situation. I acknowledge that people are only doing their jobs and it is not their position to directly answer appeals on the spot. For the avoidance of doubt I am requesting at this time a refund of £150.00 – no further damages are being sought at the present juncture. I trust your decision will be favourable to the above appeal in light of the clear points I have raised. However should the appeal be declined I would be left with no other option other than to instigate legal action to seek full reimbursement and damages for the inconvenience and distress caused. I look forward to receiving your response within the next 21 days. Any further action will be placed on hold until this time. Yours Sincerely Paul Rice
  21. Now they are very pretty rims!!
  22. Only Liverpool have a long waiting list, like 10 years . Only 3 other premier league clubs have waiting lists, Arsenal (quite long), Chelsea and Tottenham. Man Utd have recently made more season tickets available and Man City sell games in blocks. My daughter has been on the waiting list at Liverpool for 3 years, the stadiums just too small Pete I've been on it 7 years............ that'll be all the Norwegians taking up your seats.......
  23. for cocksakes!!!!!!!! So what can be fleeced out of a UK dealer other then standard?
  24. Well the zed went off for repairs today.......with the ominous statement 'we can't always get hold of aftermarket parts mate'.........so i'll be presenting the engineer with the option of a new Scorpion or if they insist they can only source parts via the stealer - a new Nismo zorst! Picked up the hire car today too - BMW 520d.........not bad all things considered. I can see why people describe BM's as a proper drivers car - it handles itself very well for a big lug.
×
×
  • Create New...