Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Ahhh a kindred spirit. 30 is the new 50 mate........its now grumpy 'not quite young enough to still blame stuff on our age but we're not old yet' Men
  2. Carla tells me our Zed is rather imaginatively called 'Rusty'..........pushed the boat out on that one.
  3. Shire has to declare his OEM parts to the insurers now.......it takes less time.
  4. Looks pretty tidy for the price. Leather on the bolster looks a little duffed up but suppose you've got to expect that.
  5. Have a good one dude!
  6. You cruel bastard! Fancy putting 350z logos on your cat!! You've not tried to install a forum slam panel on the poor sod too have you?
  7. I think it would be useful to have a list of banned members and a short description of their crimes........preferably with links to threads!
  8. Pete - a man with healthy bowel movements
  9. I have to laugh because despite my defense of the auto till me and Carla actually try and find 'Pat' the middle aged mental woman who loves a chat because she's such a laugh. I love watching her insisting on chatting away to anyone who passes her domain regardless of the interest that they show. It actually ruins the whole shopping experience when she's not on.
  10. Cheers Will. This was my last email to the landowner that I think broke him - sent it straight after my reply above Giles - out of courtesy I'm sending this to you. Are you really sure you want to keep this kind of dialogue open? Its adding quite beautifully to my file for court but to be quite honest I'd much rather not have to take it that far. To quote from the response DCS have provided "However, the sign is in a well lit area and is a contractual agreement" however apparently now "the contract is irrelevant" and unless I'm missing something there is no such act as the (Trespassers Act, 1977). I've been very patient and polite throughout all this - even going to the lengths of mentioning that the operatives were courteous and polite to me. All I have asked for is 1 photograph of my car with adequate signage which has not been provided (because it doesn't exist). This kind of correspondence really is just piling the issues on and given that they appear to be investigating a totally different clamping - my patience is beginning to wear a little thin. So - once again I'll extend you the courtesy of another 7 days to deliberate this matter - I've provided photographic evidence and cited case law backing up my claim for a refund (proven case law that has stood up in court). You (Giles/DCS) have provided a vague reference to an act that by all accounts doesn't appear to exist and failed to provide any photographic evidence. The fact that "THEIR IS NO THROUGHFARE" is irrelevant - you charged me a fee to release my car and for that you require a contract that both parties can enter into under no duress and with full clarity of the terms. I never intended for this to be any kind of 'nasty' affair (hence me being so understanding with the DCS operatives on the night in question - they were only doing a job) and I trust that Mr Dawson will be apologising regarding his statements below shortly (acknowledged that this was a genuine misunderstanding on his part). I would gladly of paid the release fee had I known I was illegally parked - however the bare facts are that you simply do not clearly show that it is private land. Kind regards Paul
  11. Because........ - Its quicker - You bag as you scan so you've not got the embarrassment of the next customer scowling at you when you take ages to bag your stuff up - You are spared the sallow faced old cow/overtly happy and chatty old mare/bulldog licking **** off a thistle miserable teenage girl/hormonal teenage boy who really makes you wonder if he's washed his hands/strange middle aged man who really must be a convicted pedophile out on licence or individual with severe mental issues who keeps whacking their own head when ever they scan fruit - who works on the till. - The inevitable hold up while the till operator has to call Jackie her supervisor to go and check how much a Dragon Fruit is. - The inevitable hold up whilst the doley in front of you queries the price on his 47 pence jar of kidney beans that was on offer for 32 pence but doesn't seem to have scanned through 'Jackie to till 13 please, thats Jackie to till 13 customer waiting) - The woman behind you who only wants to buy milk but your too stressed from your own shop to let her in front of your 4000 items. - Bags are freely available so your not scowled at by said above employee when they say 'do you NEED bags????'.......answering yes will be met with a look thats normally reserved for someone who's raped a baby seal. Sure there are draw backs but I can't be bothered going through them..........go with the flow Dave - enjoy the power.
  12. Well its not exactly what I wanted never the less I'm calling it a win!!!!!!!! 75 smackers refunded in cold hard cash by the clamping company today. They said this was in no way an admission of guilt but given that they accused me of being abusive ETC when they'd actually got the wrong person, the refund of £75 would be a gesture of good will. The bloke I was dealing with kept banging on about how he was an 'educated man' and had all these law degrees and what not. Had it not been for the fact I wanted my cash I'd of been quite tempted to query how such an educated man had such a poor grasp of basic English and grammar! I could of pushed it to court and I'm sure I would of won but for the sake of another £75 I really couldn't be arsed with a day off work in a court room with a bunch of washed up scouse ex cons. Bottom line.......I rule
  13. I'd rather de-lice pubic hair for a living than use the tube each day. The bad thing about the tube isn't the sweating reeking human detritus who use it, its the well dressed city type hammering round with his brief case. He's got that glint in his eye that tells you he's one half fat mochafrappachino away from having a 'falling down' moment. Invariably shod in a pin stripe suit with hair that is 20 years out of style. My mates Mrs was telling me that she was on the tube the other Monday morning at 9.30am..........some suit was so stressed (no more than 30 mins into his week) that when the doors opened and everyone surged on he snapped and punched some plucky train goer out before marching off the train and into the unsuspecting world. London.........I'm alright ta.
  14. Spotting cars in Chester is a waste of time! I now work on the basis - if the exhaust is black and corroded then its not a forum member. Greeny can often been seen enjoying his last few weeks of zedhood cruising around. Very fine looking car it is too. Not noticed the silver one before though Pete.
  15. Get this Zed so you can drive round shouting 'The Law!??!? I AM THE LAW!'
  16. Ricey

    What do you think?

    Loving the new look - very nomnom
  17. In the words of Kyle Reece who was told the words by John Conner who was told the words by Sarah Conner who was told the words by Kyle Reece (go figure!).......there is no fate but what we make..........drive like a ****........crash like a ****. Fate FTW!
  18. Looks The colour looks really weird in that light ......almost looks brown!
  19. Harsh times in the world these days........unfortunately good people like this end up paying the price.
  20. Yeah I missed the boat on that one...... I spent ages looking for it but I think its living in the mod cupboard somewhere.
  21. Maybe it was Da Whip......
  22. Is it wrong that through COD abuse I can name by sight most of those guns Even quickly I can say P90, Spaz Shotgun, M16 and AK47
  23. The dangers of touch typing and relying on spellcheck! His responses are fecking laughable. I bet he was well chuffed when he thought id been really arsey.......then my response landed to advise him he had the wrong person. What a chimp. :lol:
  24. Ooooooooo I got a response........most entertaining - last email from me then follows response (there is also an even lengthier response to the land owner - Giles Insurance but I forgot to forward that one home) From: Paul.Rice@xxxxxxxxxx To: info.chester@gilesinsurance.co.uk; enquiries@gilesinsurance.co.uk; directcarparksolutions@live.co.uk Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:52:13 +0000 Subject: Letter Before Action Dear Sirs/Madam, As per my previous correspondence please find attached a 'Letter Before Action' stating my intentions to bring court proceedings to you regarding the unlawful clamping of my vehicle. The N1 Court Summons Form has been completed and will be submitted Chester County Small Claims Court on Monday the 28th of February should a full settlement of £152.95 or sufficient photographic evidence be received. Hard copies have been sent in the post to Giles Insurance Chester address and to DCS Birkenhead address (although there is some doubt as to weather this is a legitimate address where post is collected from - hence the email copy) Giles I have also attached a copy of the response received from DCS last week and my subsequent request that was not/cannot be complied with. Regards Paul Rice From: Direct Car Park Solutions [mailto] Sent: 28 February 2011 13:02 To: Rice, Paul Subject: RE: Letter Before Action Dear Paul, i spent most of my sunday afternoon investigating your claims with my operatives and they tell me you and yuor girlfriend had WPC attend to the site on the Day in Question. My operatives also told me how rude you were and also the phone operator mentioned your rudness also. I am also informed your partner did not pay the full release fee which you are trying to claim for , which after deliberation with our legal team, can be portrayed as a fraudulant claim. I also attended the site myself and took more photographs. Their are two new yellow lines painted in front of the aforementioned site. and as explained before THEIR IS NO THROUGHFARE, so you were tresspassing, the contract is irrelevant. Show me your written permission, from Giles Insurance to park their and yuor receipt and i will gladley, immeadeatly refund you. Kind regards Mr Dawson. From: Rice, Paul Sent: 28 February 2011 14:02 To: 'Direct Car Park Solutions' Subject: RE: Letter Before Action I think you might have the wrong chap there Mr Dawson. I was on my own - I was perfectly polite to bother the phone operator and operative in attendance (in fact I even thanked the operative for coming back to release the car so quickly and for pointing out the appeals address to me) and there was no police attendance because although I refute the clamping fee ETC I understand that you were only doing the job you have been contracted to do - regardless of weather it is enforceable or not - and I appreciate that. I would suggest you check your facts before making accusations such as this as they can land you into further legal issues (defamation of character). However in this instance a simple apology will suffice.
×
×
  • Create New...