Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. If someone doesn't pipe down then someone won't be getting a go in it and will instead be presented with the fiesta keys. BTW.....i'll show you where the cleaning equipment is for YOUR Zed.
  2. Tell you what though I had it cranked right up coming home from getting the Z4 and it was quality.........couldn't select disc 3 like but clarity was good!
  3. Happy buurrrrrrrrfffffffday
  4. Bloody hell - that was me. Carla leaving herself logged in
  5. Got a beep and a thumbs up from a Volvo V50 on the M56 coming back from bagging the Z4 today. Buggered if I know who it was - does anyone know who drives a V50 volvo as well as a Zed in the North West? Either a fellow Zedder or someone just really liked the car!
  6. Ricey

    Strut brace

    Tarmac is the badger for this request
  7. Engage warp for the neutral zone Mr Chekov
  8. A dealership getting it right! Christ we should have them stuffed and mounted! (Toby excepted of course!)
  9. Yeah........Bose.........thats what it is Bose - the sticker says so, so it must be Good stuff matey and remember
  10. Ricey

    Cro's red 350z

    Funny I didn't think you'd like it Nice car bud.
  11. Bugger........slight issue - just done a quote for Fiesta insurance (budging my no claims onto the BMW) - £420 Third party only with a £1000 excess on a car worth £700
  12. Which should be a lesson to all of us - don't cast judgement until you've actually looked at and driven the car. I used to be the typical Boxster basher until lately when I actually listened to some people who had driven them and said that they are categorically a great car. The way I see it I've just spend a grand more than I would on a decent Jag but I won't have the arse-clenching worry every time I turn the key that something is going to go wrong.
  13. But its at least the straight 6 - thats a bit less gay! Piccies when I get it on Monday - those ones in the ad really do nothing for it. The hard top has got this cool little spoiler built into it too
  14. Put the dog in the car then take a picture!
  15. Amber looks so cosy there
  16. Did I read one of the posts wrong ? Lol.........this is what happens when you make an assessment of a car without; a - driving it b - looking at it properly c - looking in it properly d - bothering to read up on how fast the damn thing actually is
  17. I'M BACK! What a day! For those that didn't know I was viewing this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p Told before viewing that gearbox sticking in park occasionally (not a big deal if driving straight) and drivers window not always dropping for door close (£15 microswitch) - negotiated down to 6k prior to viewing. Did HPI check yesterday and found out it was CAT-D!!!! Spk to woman again (it was her recently deceased husbands car so she said she wasn't aware of it) - neg down to 5k subject to it driving straight. Got there and this car looks like its literally just driven off the production line - immaculate. However drivers side window was raising up before the door was fully shut to it totally twatted the doorframe, passenger window not working at all from either switch AND not dropping so door wouldn't close at all! Bonnet took 3 attempts to shut, leather had rips and aside from the rather nice wood paneling it looked a bit cheap to me (nasty Ford plastic next to premium Jag wood)......*sigh*. Ah well lets fire her up and listen to that custom exhaust - now I like an roaring zorst as much as the next man and the thought of a V8 lump rumbling down the straight through pipes gave me something of a semi........until I discovered it sounded like a Nova with a Peco big bore......with various bits loose. Engine sounded grim (weird knocking noise) but took for a test drive regardless since we'd come 40 odd miles - gear change grim, power non-existent, handling - porridge in the shocks?, brakes - felt like I was Fred Flintstone.........for a first taste of a V8 this puppy was not doing the trick. Like a good boy I walked away although I have to say - one of the most beautiful cars I've clapped eyes on in the flesh. So demoralized and car less I had a think on the way home - do I really need 4 seats? If I get my little fezza through its MOT (£100 odd quid of works) I can run a shed for 4 seat instances. So I got to peeking at Coxsters (just can't help but think people would spit on me in the street) and Z4's (never really considered them). Saw this one on autotrader. £8k which is WAY more than I wanted to spend on a new car - 3 liter straight 6 which based on the stats is frigging fast, reasonable to insure (£750 fully comp), tax £260 and returning 30mpg on a combined cycle. Got half way there and thought - why am I bothering the Z4 does nothing for me. Got all the way there, took one look, stained my pants and fell in love. Simply..........stunning. All because of the hard top - it transforms the car. I love coupes and thats what put me off Z4 - stick the hard top on and its just an unbelievably good looking car. Fully loaded (sat nav and all that crap), full service history, 12 month tax and MOT, bridgies all rounds, looks a little peach - £7960 all in This advert does it literally no justice at all. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 4/usedcars So in a nut shell I wanted a cheap, reasonably fast, 4 seater car with a decent boot, cheap parts, with a turbo so I could stick a ghey dump valve on it. What I got was a 2 seater, expensive, really fast, no boot, expensive parts, naturally aspirated BMW..........basically what I got was what Carla subliminally implanted in my head 6 months ago! Seriously though I cannot believe how happy I am with this car! I was reet demoralized driving there - within 5 minutes there was literally no way I was leaving that garage without it! Just pipped some woman to it by 5 mins as well.....gave me a right scowl as I smugly marched out of the show room BTW I am fully aware that this is a gay, birds, hairdressers car..........and I couldn't care less!
  18. That should brighten up the gloomy North Eastern weather! Nice motor bud.
  19. RSW carbon dash kit but your talking serious dollar bud............don't be tempted by cheap ebay shash - classy it aint. Looks good though
  20. I just submitted this one from my local Sainsbury's
  21. I wouldn't worry about that - it seems to be the thick end of the market these days!
  22. Tiberius Thor The War Hammer
  23. Happy birthday my good man
  24. Actually re-reading that I'm not sure I actually was any more positive than anyone else!
×
×
  • Create New...