-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Hmmmmm - looks a bit flashmobesque set up to me
-
I was just about to say this - I know many who have answered are proper mech types to I'm not questioning your judgement but my granddad always used to say an engine flush strips the crap and clogs your filters with it?
-
As far as I'm aware it doesn't say 'no claims earned in the UK'. If you can evidence the no claims from Canada I don't see the issue
-
Where would you want to go for a holiday??
Ricey replied to gangzoom's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Canada without a shadow of a doubt.........preferably in the Rockies fighing off bears and inbreed with porcinie fixations. -
Thanks for the kind words all. I can't really explain what an amazing family these people are. They're a family that you simply don't see any more. They are genuniely a couple that instill the belief in me that marriage actually does mean something and can survive the test of time. In 29 years I've never seen or heard them have a crossed word. Suppose all the grandchildren will be a blessing to my uncle to keep him busy.
-
Graham looks considerably younger than 57 imo lol, alot younger than my dad and hes of the same age There is no way Graham is 57 I'm telling you now..........not unless he's Benjamin Button.
-
Pre facelift Ricey.. I assume you tried Husky Cal? I know butt monkey - that was the only near comparable sale I could find in the for sale section!
-
Some before and after shed pics. After Also tidied up some bodywork but it needs a reet good clean. Engine bay is even silverier now too!
-
no rust = no shed
-
Woman and a Man got married at 19 & 20 respectively. They are from old school working class backgrounds, have the values of working hard, preparing for the future, family comes first, last and in the middle. They go on to have 3 children who they bring up with the same values and move out to the countryside into a house that will serve as the family home for the next 30 odd years. They drink little, don't smoke, eat only fresh and wholesome food. The kids grow up and with these value avoid the possession orientated, console/computer, credit addicted society in which most of us fall into and are taught to enjoy life by playing with friends, doing things in the outdoors, playing with each other and generally turn out to be well balanced, normal people. The family operate with the values that you find someone you love, get married, build a home, have children and pass these values on - you prepare for your future and the future of your family, pay your bills and most of all are happy together. You work through the thick and enjoy the thin together with love and happiness. They spend frugally and always prepare for the worst so when the man after many years of shift work realises that he's not seen his wife for 3 days as they're passing each other with the shifts he walks into work where he has worked up from the bottom as a fitter turner to have a very well paid job and hands his notice in and walks out. With 3 young children, mortgage and bills/cars to run he comes home with a heavy heart and explains what he's done to his wife - his wifes response was 'I'd best put the kettle on then'. They get to 54 and 53 years of age and decide its time to reap the rewards of this hardworking, careful lifestyle, they have married off their daughters and paid (outright) for their weddings and sent their son through university (outright) and all their children have now moved out. There roles have been fulfilled and now they can look forward to retirement which they have worked and prepared all their lives for. Grandchildren are coming out yearly and they can now start the grandparenting they were made for. 18 months after they retire the woman is diagnosed with a rare cancer. Its caught and treated with an all clear following a severe course of chemotherapy. The scans continue to show all clear for another 6 months and their youngest daughter gives birth to their 4th grandchild in May 2011. In June 2011 it is discovered that the cancer was back and it was back everywhere, bowels, lungs, kidneys, lungs. There was no hope but they fight with chemotherapy just to try and give any time they can with their family right to the bitter end. At 2.30pm on the 15th December 2011 - the woman died peacefully in a hospice. She leaves a husband who has been by her side for over 35 years, 3 children, 2 son in laws, both parents, a mother in law, a sister in law, a sister..........and a nephew devastated. She was a woman who literally never brought harm, sadness or anything other than love to anyone she met. We take life so much for granted and we sometimes forget - fate doesn't discriminate, it doesn't care who you are and what you have done. This isn't a post wanting your sympathy - its a reminder that a week before xmas when your probably stressed, worried about money, having the kids driving you up the wall.........enjoy life whatever you are doing and try and live for today. Gill had 55 years of absolute love and happiness but it should have been so much more - its cruel and unfair that it isn't but that was what fate had in store. RIP Gill Hayes - 15/12/2011
-
We need a meet and a drive out! I think thats what it is - it just so easy. Gears are smooth and easy, handels smooth and easy, steering is smooth and easy, you don't have to get the clutch control just right to pull away like you do in more powerful cars.
-
I think I might substitute the snow foam concentrate for Rust Remover!
-
The big guy rules but you can guarantee he'll get done for this. I love the black dude behind the racist STI - he's so close to utterly booting off then some white girl gives him a hug and he chills out! Actually quite a good anti racism vid when viewed as a whole. I don't know what these dickheads problem is - there are loads of utterly shite jobs out there that British people can't bother there arse to go out and do because its easier to sit around pumping out sprogs and claiming benefit. Who's ends up doing them? Hard working foreigners who are grateful for a job. I don't see any white people wandering round Sainsburys in the pissing rain asking if anyone wants there car washed for a fiver - because they're at home too BASTARD lazy to get off their fat hairy, chlamydia ridden minges (and in this instance the minge is present regardless of gender). I have a problem with immigrants coming over and claiming benefit - I have the exact same problem with these so called 'British' degenerates. If someone wants to come and work in the shitty job you can't be bothered doing and work hard then whats the bloody problem?!!? **** - boiled
-
Driving the Fiesta for the first time in the last few days following 2 years of it being laid up and I just can't believe how much I love it! Failed its MOT for corrosion around the seatbelt anchor points and rear brakes recording 'little or no effort' £220 - bit of welding and new cylinders and shoes on the back and she's a right little beauty. Y plate 5 door 1.25 Zetec with 72k on the clock. I love the fact that when it was like an ice cube this morning it started first time and defrosted in 2 mins with the front and rear heated widows (which neither of our Zed's have got!). Its everything a shed should be - unattractive, not fast, economical, a bit rusty but a little fighter who is a pleasure to drive! Advisory items on the MOT: Offiside front brake pipe slightly corroded Nearside front brake pipe slightly corroded Nearside inner sill structure has slight corrosion. Offside inner sill structure has slight corrosion. Front exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated Nearside front brake hose slightly deteriorated Offside front brake hose slightly deteriorated Nearside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated Offside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated Nearside front coil spring corroded Offside front coil spring corroded Offside front suspension arm bush deterioated Nearside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated offside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated Both rear tyres perished. And just because of that list..........I love it even more Piccies to follow next week after a good bit of loving with the Megs G220.
-
Your going to really struggle at that price mate. Zmanalex sold some facelift jobbies a few months back (which were in excellent condition mind) for £600. £230 is buying you 1 side I reckon!
-
Just to throw a spanner or 2 in the works. 1. The world is likely to head into a financial apocalypse in the near future. 2. Your likely to be hounded to reproduce in the near future. 3. Your likely to be hounded to buy a house in the near future. 4. Your likely to be hounded to marry in the near future. 5. Petrol in case you hadn't noticed is not getting any cheaper or more abundant. 6. Insurance in case you hadn't noticed is not getting any cheaper or easier to get. 7. You are far too young to be worrying about whether you can afford something. If you are even considering it and being wise about it (i.e you've not just gone out and bought it) the I would hazard half of my left knacker (my favorite one) that you can afford it. 8. We talk about scratching the V8 itch before the cost goes too high...............the 3.5 liter V6 is not far behind. 9. I like to be talked into stuff and its fairly clear you need someone to grab you by the plums and march you out to go and buy one. Go out, get a peach and anyjoy it. 10. Your driving a Citroen..........it sounds like its been fairly reliable thus far..........this will not continue..........you will pay out for repairs and wish you bought the faster, funner, prettier and cooler, big ass, hairy v6 Zed. Hopefully this will really screw up your well thought out decision and pull you back into the agonising dilemma that you face
-
New 350z Owner Scotland/Ayrshire
Ricey replied to col569's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
-
Happy Birthday to Keyser and garetgax...
Ricey replied to MITZ@CougarStore's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Happy buffdey -
Count yourself lucky, that would cost you ~£80 down my way. Fortunately my work dental cover pays for any work I need doing Then again, my dentist doesnt use amalgam, he uses some funky white resin. And he doesnt just drill out the tooth, he then cleans it out, primer/etches it and then bonds in the resin, and colour matches it to the tooth in question. Thats called being a posh Southerner! Us Northern scum are lucky if we don't get stuck with a Mercury filling!
-
Put in perspective I pay £30 for a dentist who's spend 7 years in university and 20 years building up a practice to carefully drill out my tooth and apply amalgam to the cavity...............I deeply begrudge how much this costs me. £30 for a tyre to be fitted??!?! I'd rather try and put it on my self using my pecker as a tyre iron.
-
Which I think means its been scrapped and DVLA have been notified. I just ran the details through of a car I scrapped and got the same message. Could it be that its had a private plate put on it? If it has then the original plate will be unassigned to a vehicle at the moment?
-
Meh - screwed up SORN....chances of retribution?
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I was more concerned about the green house scene from Scum -
Meh - screwed up SORN....chances of retribution?
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
You should give one to that bloke who keeps offering to buy my car via Paypal or real nice bankers drafts as he appreciates my car very highly and wants to give it to his brither the Crown Prince of Lagos. -
Breaking news! Apparently some knob is using a mobile phone the plane and its screwed up the computers! Hope you get it sorted mate - I had a similar forum whinge when stuck on the runway for hours when we went to Cuba.