Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Honest opinion Phil - even based on 8 posts - the chances of you keeping the car stock are nil I reckon! I think the reason why people will have 'fuller' values on here is you in many cases get an invaluable background to the car for at least the last persons owership. Service history tells a lot but on here you also get a feel for how many issues they've had, accidents involved in, detailing pictures, parts used for spares and repairs, previous modifications..........its all definitely worth a few more quid than the guides (obviously all subject to someone actually posting up these things on the forum). Generally forum members on here do tend to look after their cars better than the overage Joe as they're more of an 'enthusiast' than an 'owner'.........obviously there exceptions to the rule but there are a large quantity of OCD detailing nutters on here. Keep looking though and with the plans you've got I reckon you'll get what you need - might need a bit of tidying but if your swapping the block out then its not that much bother.......even low milers have the niggling issues.
  2. Plenty passing 100k but I think Phil said he's looking at getting upto around 360bhp..........has anyone taken a Zed up that high on a 100k+ car who can offer any advice? I've not really got a clue but I would have thought it would be a fair bit riskier doing it on a high miler? If your 6k in for the car and another 6k in for the bump in BHP you wouldn't want a nasty engine boom to go with it!
  3. Good luck with the search mate but i reckon your looking at fairly galactic milage for a UK car at that money
  4. Im a spaz (and I go mean proper 'special') and I managed it. Its not a 10 min job but so long as you take your time you'll be alright. The vents were the trickiest bit. I got in a right mess with it and ended up disconnecting the battery to reset it (after I initally reset it the window would drop back to half way!!!!! )
  5. D..d.dd.ddd...ddddefinitely the zed....yeahyeah......d...d....d....definitely the zed.............aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh.........aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh
  6. You've definitely got to be a certain type of person for home learning. It can be VERY hard to motivate yourself and like Rich said your very isolated even if you have 'access' to a designated tutor.
  7. Hmmmmm I'm not convinced this meets the true 'shed' credentials here. Its a bit too cool for true shedding
  8. Aye - same shite different desk. Cheap as chips though - we've just got our renewal quotes through from Admiral. Z4 - £750 (4 years no claims) 350z - £750 (6 years no claims - 2 mods delclared) Fiesta - £350 (5 years no claims) Total £1850ish Admiral have failed to add a non-fault claim on to the quote and refuse to move my 5 years no claims from the Fiesta onto the Z4 (spk to them when I bought the Z4 last year and without them saying the words it was clear that they just knew that speaking to customer services in mumbia would result in them wanting to commit hari kari) Insurancesupermarket has returned the following quotes WITH an non-fault addcident and 4 modifications to the Zed (basically all of the mods including spacers which they have classed as 'non-standard alloy wheels' just in case anyone was wondering). Z4 - £550 350Z - £650 Fiesta - £250 ......and who did these quotes come from??? Admi-****. I'm beginning to despise several things about the modern world but more than ANYTHING I hate HATE HATE HATE insurance companies and their legalised racketeering. I'm going to cancel the policy and move to Elephant for 2 cars and Bell for the other (as they are only 5 quid dearer) - for no better reason than I want them to have to issue all of the paper work several times.
  9. The only real exception to the cheap exhaust rule is Scorpion......and even then mines a little wonky donkey.
  10. I say email him back and say 'look I know I said 650 but I've had a chat with my mates and actually I'm slapping another 200 notes on sweet cheeks.....how'd you like them apples'
  11. Great minds and all that jazz!
  12. 800-900 I reckon. Forget the rarity, wheels are wheels....there's usually another manufacturer doing a similar style.
  13. Sounds like a dicky sensor. Search Spursmaddave's posts he had a similar problem
×
×
  • Create New...