Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. NON-bio LIQUID! https://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&q=detailing+world+washing+microfiber&oq=detailing+world+wash+micro&gs_l=hp.3.0.0i22i10i30.1187.5807.0.8177.26.13.0.0.0.0.2293.12421.4-1j3j6j1j1j1.13.0....0...1c.1.22.psy-ab..13.13.12167.6j1ruvhxcdI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49784469,d.d2k&fp=218a7a2868eb63cb&biw=1211&bih=652
  2. Tylney Hall Hotel, Ridge Lane, Rotherwick is only 30-40 mins away as well, very posh, a regular place for us for birthday meals etc... and they have a olf course if you play golf.
  3. Muteki SR48s, Tarmac can supply them: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=muteki+sr48+gold&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mJnzUYe-FM2HhQfdzYC4DA&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1211&bih=652
  4. If it's been upreved it may have multiple maps, can't remember how to switch though, something to do with the cruise control button so that might let you know.
  5. It's a 350Z... all of the gearboxes are a little... errr... mechanical.
  6. How close is close? I had Christmas dinner with the family at Newbury Manor which was absolutely superb but was quite a few years ago, didn't stay but it was a nice hotel... 20-30 miles and ~40 minutes away though: http://goo.gl/maps/0HY9Y p.s: Thruxton's a fun track, been round there a few times, not particularly challenging but pretty fast... just watch out for Tiff flying past.
  7. I've heard original D1 Spec are fine but there's a ton of fakes on ebay which should be avoided. No first hand experience with them though.
  8. HaydnH

    Traction Issues

    If you're looking at MPSSs and either do track days or just want performance over noise/comfort then consider the Yoko AD08s as well.
  9. Back on the GTR though, being able to buy a brand new one for £65k or a second hand one for as low as ~£35k is pretty amazing considering what you get. I really wish it stirred some form of emotion in me, if it did I'd be out buying one tomorrow.
  10. Yep spotted you as well, I would've waved but I seemed to still be in French motorway mode as I was just getting back from Italy and shot past you... the fact that you seemed to be in Sunday driver mode didn't help. p.s: thanks for not mentioning how disgustingly dirty my car was after driving around Europe... can't wait for the weekends detailing, hopefully it won't be too hot!
  11. I feel exactly the same, if I had £65k to spend I think I'd buy something like a TVR Sag instead of a GTR and save the extra £20-25k for repairs and petrol.
  12. Once you've been bitten Anthisan is probably the best cream I've found to help soothe the itching, available at most chemists but not boots I don't believe. There seems to be a big increase in the number of mosquitos around the UK at the minute, they breed in stagnant water so if you have any sitting water around your house you'd be wise to try and get rid of it.
  13. I have a set of those I won't be using in red if you're interested, I went for Muteki's in the end, neither have been fitted yet.
  14. Tarmac supplied me with Muteki SR48s with locking nuts as well. I'll take some photo's when I get them fitted along with my new brakes, probably won't be for a few weeks though.
  15. At my service last year I was offered AC re-gassing for free so I accepted, at this years service I now apparently have a leaking AC condenser as there's UV dye visible. As my AC still works perfectly I'm not going to swap the condenser just yet, but could the dye be from overfilling?
  16. I think you just copied and pasted the map I posted above?
  17. Think I found it, Umbrailpass maybe? Much nicer road than Stelvio imho due to there being less traffic so you can get some speed up: http://goo.gl/maps/wbY6K
  18. Christ I just spent 11 days in Europe driving through France, travelling down just about every pass in Switzerland and then on to Treviso in Italy, got back last night... we could've probably met up! It would've been nice being stuck behind a slow Z rather than a slightly faster caravan during the twisties. BTW, any idea what that twisty road is called? It's the one down the other side of Stelvio pass right? I don't know whether it's still called Stelvio or not as it actually turns off Stelivo and I can't find it on google maps. I'll post my photo's in another thread when I've processed them.
  19. HaydnH

    France

    Just put the full beams on and offer them up to see if the light stops dazzling the left lane. The factory 07 sat nag doesn't support cam warnings... If it does please let me know how!
  20. Yeah, if you could see there was nothing coming the other way and didn't mind falling a few thousand feet if you got it wrong.
  21. The Splugen pass is worth chrecking out, some nice open bits bust mostly hairpins every 5 meters or so, not so much a driving road, more a 'well I survived that' kind of road:
  22. Fine, another without the topless lady in the way:
  23. Better post one not of the Z I suppose:
  24. Figured it out! A few unprocessed teasers then:
×
×
  • Create New...