It's a sad day the Z is off the road, probably for quite some time.
Anyway shes off the road so wont have to worry about being pulled over, also on the same drive home the rear end felt funny, stepped out twice on a roundabout when going very slow and started to make a hellish banging noise. Previously I had an issue with a knock from the passenger side rear but after removing the shock to find no damage or signs of anything wrong I just ignored it expecting a bush was on its way out.
My plan of attack is to replace all the rear sub frame mount bushes and diff bushes (maybe the suspension arms too as I have a box waiting to upgrade the front... but not the rear yet )
I think the whole sub frame is shifting due to worn bushes hence the noise and rear end randomly stepping out.
It does help that I have also ordered a New KAAZ LSD from clark motorsport so kills a few birds with one stone (or car).
Having never removed the rear bumper and living with a broken/crap boot release since I let those cowboys install the bodykit, I was worried about what I might find.
Fortunately the rear of the car is in good nic under the horrible bubbled bumper, so one less thing to treat for rust.
The bumper however might need more than the fiberglass repair resin stuff I have so If you know of any good products let me know!
Going to sand the bumper down and primer it again then if I have the cash, try wrapping it and the car matte black.
Ohh and if I can get round to buying a duff engine to have a play with and send a usable core to get machined to the spec of the new pistons all the better.
1 thing that can and will delay all of this.... the wedding..... why can't a guy and girl go to Vegas, get pi**ed and end up married, sooo much cheaper and less hassle! (my missus would kill me if she reads this as she has been doing all the work and I owe her big time really, all I need to do is turn up... i think in a DBS!
Also to save finding the manual what is this thing? (something to do with the old jdm satnav?)
Had to use some special tools to fit through the small vent hole to remove the bumper screws dam cowboys!!!