Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I think that went out with rationing and demob suits
  2. Have you got your manual? Section 8-3 For cold areas - 10W-30 recommended for above -20 5W-30 will improve fuel economy For hot areas - 20W-40 & 20W-50 are suitable. Nowhere does it mention 10W-40 so go and bitch slap them :fight: Iv'e used 10W-30 and also 5W-30 with no issues
  3. 300 a year isnt realistic. Go onto camskill tyres and price 245/45/18 and 225/45/18 tyres and you will get a realistic price. Youre about 500 quid for a cheap set of falkens or something similar Depends on annual mileage though if it's only going to be 8k then £300 a year would be bang on the money
  4. Those were softy falkens though I dont think the falkens lasted any less than the RE050's I had Must have been those Hampshire backroads then Most of my miles were on dual carriageway & motorway....
  5. Does this mean I have to put up with mine for another 24k Dave? Pete the way your rear slides about it will be about 2.4k
  6. It looks really tricky but it isnt with practice, just use your phone to time the different stages and then to record the code I always video the code. Makes it easier. Yeah it is much easier unless you are brilliant at morse code
  7. Now my Leon FR is out of warranty I am tempted to get a Milltek DPF delete and remap, about £800 and should give the car around 250bhp and 470nm it also improves mpg slightly too. The only downside is of course when you boot it you get the trademark cloud of black soot which at the moment I don't.... Oh and the poor old front tyres
  8. If you have a DPF and the light comes on it means the filter is filling up, a blast on the motorway will almost always clear it but if you ignore it or you are unlucky and it goes bang then yes it is easily £1k+ to fix I'm sure the A8 can be fixed a lot cheaper at an Indy centre and I bet you don't have to fix them as a pair either
  9. It looks really tricky but it isnt with practice, just use your phone to time the different stages and then to record the code
  10. You have probably been running the Zed on the red wine and drinking the 98 ron
  11. Very doubtful.... why would they
  12. Don't worry Sam this will now turn into a bit of a rant thread I expect like most fuel threads do. Iv'e always used Sainsburys super, occasionaly Tesco and the odd fill up or 2 with 95 and not noticed a difference or had any issues. At the end if the day as long as everyone is aware of the possible issues it is up to them to run their Zed on whatever the like...
  13. Just coincidence, it could be anything really, just get the code read and take it from there. The light is just a warning as long as it doesn't start to flash and the car goes into limp mode you will be fine taking it easy
  14. Good call Doogy This is the main reason I removed mine within a couple of days of getting my Zed as my old Mazda had the same unit and that did exactly this, and also skipped like most of the Zed units too :thumbsdown:
  15. Good point Squee, now that Ricey has the looks and the car of a mincing hairdresser it confirms what we have all wondered
  16. Fair enough Rich Im sure you can wire it so one switch runs both too...
  17. Those were softy falkens though
  18. I'm not surprised, they let almost anyone in over there nowadays from what I can gather Oh dear I am with Admiral now so I expect I will get some clown on the phone from Canada This will be the chap then..... Nice to see you blending in there Jim
  19. HFC's or decats you seem to have changed your mind with the post
  20. I think 2 of those on the jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag would sound ridiculous Rich
  21. I'm ok I am an old driver with a very low end car
  22. crickey - I think I'm barely going to 12K out of mine (and I drive like a granny - in comparison to most in here ) When I got the car I budgeted to change the tyres yearly but as I say they lasted well over that which included the run around Wales and a few other spirited drives I knew it was time to change them when I went to a meet at the Owl in torrential rain and went sideways on every roundabout on the dual carriageway alone there Great fun but though
  23. That must be everyone they sold I will get my coat
×
×
  • Create New...