Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Dunno, it's a 200 mile round trip taking 4 hours. All for some fun? Can't they do one closer to where I live? I'm in Kent so a weekend trip for me, probably have to book accomodation to break up the journey there
  2. They will no doubt sound better but a shame not to use their full potential.... bit like going out with Cheryl Cole and only letting her shop for clothes at Primark
  3. A lot of people prefer just fronts, i have tried my set up with no rears and I prefer it with the rears on maybe 30%, because of their location just behind your ears they do add something in my opinion, but some purists would disagree, all personal choice.
  4. That's so much better than what I said. It should be known as the "ripped out fireplace" scenario. I never look at the fireplace when I am poking the fire
  5. Mine - HU -£400 Speakers F&R - £450 (2nd hand) 4way amp + wiring - £350 Sub inc Amp - £275 Audio experience - priceless
  6. Not a waste of time at all, but depends on what you replace them with and what you hope to achieve really.... Bung in a pair of £50 speakers and it might be a bit better I suppose.... Stick in £200-£300 quids worth of speakers and you will not be getting anywhere near the best out of them with the stock amp....
  7. Another analogy would be meeting a lovely looking lady, beautifully dressed, smelling fantastic.... then finding out she had a terribly unkempt lady garden, it would spoil the whole experience
  8. spursmaddave

    Fuel

    Wow a MPG thread and a Vpower one in the same day..... What are the chances There is a massive thread on why you shouldn't run 95ron fuel for any length of time in a Zed, it is fine if you are stuck but always use Super, doesn't have to be VPower a lot of us use Tesco or Sainsbury Super with no issues
  9. No idea what my average is I only ever have the trip comp on DTE When I have done a long journey and filled up I have worked out well over 30mpg, on my commute I would imagine around mid 20's but I really don't give a flying feck...
  10. For clarity you need every item in the link to be of a certain standard as the system is only as good as its lesser part. Each will be an improvement but as I said to replace the HU & speakers and not the amp would be a shame in my opinion but you could be very happy with the results and save some £
  11. I got a blank plate and a rubber mat for a cubby from american for about £20
  12. If you are going to change the speakers you really need to pair them with a decent amp to get the best from them All down to personal taste but you really don't realise how poor the 'bose' is until you swap it all over I have done 40k in my Zed so have definitely had my moneys worth out of my ICE
  13. Everything is staged and played up to the camera, I still watch it and enjoy it but how was last nights and last weeks that much different to the other one when Hammond was driving Oliver or the one with the 4x4s in the rain forrest and up a volcano.... The camerman 'joke' is lame, this has gone the same way as a lot of programmes I used to love (gadget show for example) where the presenters have become the main point of focus.... As for antiques road show, that is exactly my point, but more like Last of the summer wine really
  14. I use the same technique when 'entertaining' a lady
  15. Well all over for another series, the last 2 episodes were ok but we have seen it all before.... crossing rivers, getting stuck, sleeping in the cars... even the stupid joke that car photographers can't capture pics of animals.... So lame now it needs to be taken out into the woods and put out of its misery
  16. Nice Ad & pics, lovely unadulterated car there for someone GLWTS
  17. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
  18. Just ever so slightly racist but I applaud your enthusiasm
  19. Pete do you really need a Birdpoo satnav as you only go from yours to Abbey & yours to Taras
  20. Perhaps he keeps his tyres in the closet
  21. Oh he walked into that ok didnt he Thought I would get in before someone else did
  22. Very refreshing
  23. Esoteric differences..... you would have to ask the minority who have owned both pre & post facelift for the more precise difference in terms of driving experience... Be careful what advice you take though, a lot of members only do a few k a year so are hardly experts
  24. But I didn't have the stereo on
  25. Lots of choices a few are - Build a sub box obviously with decent sub in the OEM position Fit an under strut type box of tonneau type cover with sub(s) Do what I did and fit a 'Hammond Organ' (named by Papa) Pioneer TS-WX77A Can be removed if I really need the boot space but never had to yet Sounds pretty good, you can feel the bass right through the car as a few will confirm, it certainly made Wasso smile
×
×
  • Create New...