Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. How was the car after alignment? Aligned Sent from the golf club...
  2. Some people only do a few miles in their Zed, I did 24k the first year I owned mine
  3. Got the wheels off eBay too staggered 285 rears, £500 including tyres Sent from the golf club...
  4. Cheers Papa Sent from the golf club...
  5. The eibachs are 30mm front 25mm rear, got mine of a german company on eBay £165 delivered but can't see the company on there now, they are all £200+ Spires are very good but expensive, the Eibachs are nice, really firm up the ride but it is still smooth, really recommend them Sent from the golf club...
  6. Sorry crappy forum software, can't even edit the double post! Sent from the golf club...
  7. Yep. A 420 bhp cruise liner that will do 0-60 in 5 seconds. Nice, my XFS is lowered on eibachs looks just the part I have a spires XFR exhaust on too, doesn't make a nice noise being a derv but looks nice. Not much slower than your SV8 but a bit cheaper to run over here Sent from the golf club...
  8. I think it just hasn't photographed well, Zed bolsters take a lot of wear due to the shape, a colour matched refurb kit for £25 and some TLC and it would look good as new again
  9. XFR? Lovely place to be
  10. And if you find it that hard to keep your speed in check there are 100's of gadgets that can give yiu visual and audio warnings of speed camera locations and hotspots, there really is no excuse these days to speed Sent from the golf club...
  11. I had never done anything like it before but I fitted the HU, satnav in the cubby, wired in an electic cubby lid, all hard wired, fitted and wired in my sub and other bits and bobs, seriously it isn't that difficult if you follow the guides on here. You could wire the earth to the place BM mentioned and no more whine Sent from the golf club...
  12. Okay, maybe a Hertz Amp it is Got to love peer pressure Sent from the golf club...
  13. Yeah your probly right, when I first got my Zed I had a Pioneer 'professionally' fitted. It was a joke, alternator whine just like yours, a real bodge job! Even plugged in the rear speaker RCAs the wrong way around I went to sounds alarming and they sorted the mess out thats why I recommended them, but after that I read up and swapped to a new HU and fitted the sub myself. Why not have a go yourself? Sent from the golf club...
  14. Read up, already made that joke Still funny mind
  15. maybe worth hanging on until they can do it then? I know you are probably impatient, I am too but you can't blame them for putting corporate work first really, it is probably contract stuff and worth an annual amount rather than a one off job... Can understand your frustration though, money to spend and nobody to do the work, crazy isn't it. A while back I wanted a bit of advice on fitted a double din to my missus MX-5, phoned 3/4 places and just like you they all said they just simply couldn't be bothered
  16. Don't worry already nagged him on PM No point powering £300+ worth of speakers with a £130 amp
  17. Pretty sure Darren-B drove both auto & manual 370's back to back and said the auto was quicker, I would take his word for it
  18. Sorry to hear that, have you tried mobile guys? Sent from the golf club...
  19. Yep, who knows if the officer was actually mistaken or just thought nice car he can afford £100 Sent from the golf club...
  20. What would be the pro's in doing this idea?Surly replacing all Bose speakers would be better than 2? Sorry, just Amps is my weakness in knowledge when it comes to creating an audio setup Horses for courses, looking at what you linked speakers very similar to what I had albeit older models, will sound fantastic. I would maybe go for a slightly better 4 way amp, no need to spend a fortune but I would be looking more around the £200 mark. Lots of people say just do the fronts which is fine but I found doing the rears too made for a much fuller sound to my ears anyway. No problem running 2 amps on a Zed, mine was fine running a 4 way and a sub/amp in the boot Sent from the golf club...
  21. Make sure you check the size of speakers that will fit, you don't want to get ones that are too big Sent from the golf club...
  22. I had Hertz in my Zed, they were fantastic I would say components up front, coax rear and sub that will be a huge step up from the bose Sent from the golf club...
  23. Now that touting for trade IS criminal Sent from the golf club...
  24. :scare: Dirty boy !!! Ha ! Ha !..What a typo..Well "boned Mods"..can see another ban coming on..!! You must be due one soon Overdue some might say Sent from the golf club...
×
×
  • Create New...