Jump to content

Bockaaarck

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bockaaarck

  1. Think you're bang on the money Pete, that's Chris's old Zed. Always well looked after when he had it
  2. Agreed, when I was half looking for one. I'd have been much more inclined to buy a car that had already had the IMS / RMS and any engine issues sorted.
  3. Just downloaded and started playing Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. A slow but intriguing game
  4. Welcome aboard Gary, great looking Zed. There's loads of advice on forum for all sorts. Search for it and you'll find it 99% of the time. Enjoy the sound of that terrific V6!
  5. Looks good, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum
  6. Welcome to the forum, have a really good look through the buying guides etc. terrific info and advice there (as the guys have posted above). Good luck with the search!
  7. Sounds like it should be a good car. Make sure you ask if the previous owner has had any issues with the roof. Make sure you get it opened and closed a few times too. I have a coupe and if I'm honest, I'm not sold on the the 350Z roadster with the roof up. Roof down however, I think it looks amazing. Hope it ticks all the boxes regards condition, servicing, etc. Then you can buy it, get the roof down and enjoy that howling V6 Oh, and welcome aboard
  8. Congratulations on getting your Zed. Taking time to get the right one should pay off. Enjoy the K1, it's a touch too loud for my old man ears
  9. Welcome aboard, great looking Zed
  10. Love this 787, such a fantastic car! Love Johnny Herbert too, seems like he can still drive a bit I always remember Takao Wada's crash at Fuji in 1991. Car flipped, rolled and burst in to flames with Wada in it. Johnny stopped his car and ran to help, it was only the second time he'd tried to run since shattering his legs a couple of years before. Luckily Wada got out of the car and was shaken but ok. I will always respect Johnny for stopping and trying to help someone who needed it. The fact he wasn't even sure he would be able to run to help but still tried anyway, speaks volumes
  11. The guy who did this must be bricking it. Caught on camera, so banged to rights guilty. Also, when (not if) they find him, it may be his employer disciplines / sacks him. Thirdly, he's clearly walking a baby in the stroller, so there's a family involvement somewhere. What do you think is going to happen to that relationship after this? So all in all, he's screwed up his immediate future and possibly for much longer, for a stupid act taking less than 15 seconds, it's rather sad. People's lack of judgement never ceases to amaze me. The car will get repaired, so what exactly was he hoping to achieve? No sympathy for him, just empathy for those around him.
  12. "...ladies and gentleman, there's nothing to see here........move along. Everthying is back to normal.......move along, move along......"
  13. I love it Chris, that's going to be amazing once you've got it all put together
  14. I've seen a couple of Mk1 Golf GTI's up for sale recently and been very very tempted. Trouble is I do have a bit of spare garage space at the mo. So trying to resist as much as possible. I think there are plenty of classics out there at the moment to buy and enjoy, which aren't too stupidly expensive. There is that subtle difference between what's an affordable classic, which will increase in value over time. And those cars which will over the next few years, become seen as 'investments' and in ten years, become quickly unaffordable. All I need is more money and more garage space
  15. Nice set of wheels
  16. Aaaaaah my eye's! What's seen cannot now be unseen! Curse you God for giving me the gift of sight and then mocking that gift by forcing such an abomination upon my sight! *...ahem...* Mmm, not my cup of tea I'm afraid
  17. I like Asahi but Kirin Ichiban is a bit of a favourite of mine
  18. Great to see you've got hold of the new engine so quickly. Really hoping that it's a smooth install and you're up and running without any problems.
  19. Cheers Dave / Andy It's definitely a bit of a sleeper, which is great. It's quite nice not to have people sat on my a&se al the time, like they do with the Zed
  20. Thanks guys, I'm still getting familiar with it. It's certainly a different drive to the Zed, which is to be expected. It's fun in its own and totally different way. I still love my Zed though and I'll be hanging on to it.
  21. they must really keen on 'making progress' or a nutter Must be! surely stock they have enough power lol, the guy who's goign to be rebuilding my engine is currently rebuilding the block and SC! Kleemen do a great SC kit for the C55, which boosts the power a fair bit. It is bloody expensive but it does sound terrific! From about 1.00 in this video in particular, the SC sounds fantastic
  22. they must really keen on 'making progress' or a nutter
  23. I hope so Steve, I'm trying to be really good at the moment. I need to get the Zed tidied up over the next few months. Get the wheel arch liners done, get the oil gallery gaskets changed, get the clutch / flywheel sorted and should probably get a partial re-spray done too. The AMG won't get used as a daily, I'd like to keep it as tidy and sorted as possible. I've been very, very tempted by a couple of other cars recently, but I'm desperately trying to resist!
  24. Oh god, don't tempt me!
×
×
  • Create New...