Jump to content

Sam Mcgoo

Members
  • Posts

    2,607
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sam Mcgoo

  1. Missed it, hope you had a good one.
  2. Re040 are shocking tyres! Get them changed as soon as you can and you'll notice a hell of a difference.
  3. The will be very bright though. The ones i have fitted have one of them leds on it and its fine.
  4. Very common fault on the 350. The connectors aren't the best and do become a bit 'dodgy' this leads to the light flashing on the dash. Sounds like they just re- seated the connector and all is well for now. I get the same everytime i hoover behind the seats, light on the dash, give the connections a wiggle and reset the light. I should really do something more permanent.
  5. If you haven't already, read this thread - http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/270770-vortech-faq-read-this-before-asking-vortech-questions.html
  6. Sam Mcgoo

    Sumps

    I have the JWT Oil pan spacer fitted for extra volume. This was perfect for road use (oil temps between 70 and 110*C) but not sufficient for track, My oil hit 138*C after just 3 laps of Snetterton last year! If you are going to go on track you will need to fit an oil cooler or at least a oil temp gauge so you can ease off when your oil is too hot. You will need a thermostatic one to prevent the oil from running too cold on the road. As Bennet says, a baffled sump is not really necessary.
  7. I set mine to 6700 (DE) when it flashes gives me just enough time to change gear before I hit the limiter.
  8. +1
  9. Sam Mcgoo

    New ass!

    Nice ass!
  10. Sounds like your discs may be slightly warped. Maybe you can get then skimmed. Get yourself booked in, you won't regret it!
  11. Yep on ipad, android and pc several times this week.
  12. Cheers for your opinions I'm surprised as much as 90% preferred it on than off. I'll leave it on for a while and see how I feel then either peel it off or re-do it.
  13. Yeah, its a pretty good mix now they have put all the twisties in, I assume it was the 300 circuit you went on? Its got 2 pretty long straights, the longest of which I was getting 130-140mph depending on entrance speed and bottle on the brakes. The brakes didn't seem to suffer at all, but I was doing 15 min sessions with plenty of cool down time. Upgrades - well ....the front tyres...Since I got the car it has had a pair of Nexan N6000 on the front with a couple of pairs of Bridgestone RE050A on the rear (don't tell Dan (Ekona) please) although they were MUCH better than I expected they did start to wash out and understeer on the later laps....so better tyres on the front first. I didn't have a problem with the handling at all, but I would think some better ARB's would be a good thing if I'm gonna start with regular track days. I'm on stock suspension but will have to live with that as I can't afford to be any lower. For the amount of time I spend on track that's fine. Yeah its a good track, 3 miles long a couple of long straights and some good infield twisties.
  14. Cheers Colin, yeah a bit miffed but not as much as the modified scooby and cayman s from session 1, unfortunately I recorded that on my rear facing bullet cam which only recorded for 24 seconds before it broke. I :-(
  15. Smooth as silk Mark, cheers.
  16. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68520-plastidipped-front-lip/
  17. Video and excuses added to first post. _ Here is a vid of a few laps, not many exotic cars I'm afraid but they were the more interesting laps to watch as there were cars to overtake for the first couple. My most aggressive driving was probably the last lap ( about 5 mins into clip) as there were no cars in the way and I was most confident. Please excuse the couple of missed gear changes The car didn't seem to like going from 2nd to 3rd once it had hit the limiter
  18. Well I nearly posted that I was down there, just in case anyone was interested but just thought being late notice and a weekday that no-one would be about. My brake set up is Brembo calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, DBA T3 Discs, HEL lines and RBF600 fluid. Could not fault them! This is the second track day I've done with them and absolutely no issues. No, fade, vibration, solid pedal all the time. Its a 3 mile lap with some high speed braking from 140ish to 50ish and inspired confidence. I was only doing 15 minute runs at a time and cooling between. 94dB.. please tell me how!! :O Japspeed Decats, Invidia G200 True dual with mid pipe silencers. It is nice and quite when crusing or there is no load on the engine But Growls plenty when at WOT! Infact one of the marshals came to me afterwards and said 'Your car sounds ANGRY!'
  19. Cheers guys, yeah had a great afternoon. Video uploading to youtube now.
  20. I've never been sure if I like the look of the blacked out center part of the lip, but as I had some plastidip and an hour to kill I thought I'd give it try to see what it looked like. Wasn't the best job as I knocked it while it was wet and had to touch it up but you can get the idea.... I'm really 50/50 as to whether I like it ..............So opinions on a postcard please.......... .. Excuse the crap phone pics and the car hasn't been cleaned since on track yesterday. Before After.. ???
  21. Congrats on the purchase. Does it have decats or HFC fitted? O2 sensor fault is very common and 99% nothing to worry about.
  22. Well I was a bit bored this morning and remembered that I had a Club MSV voucher to use, so went about looking for a suitable date to book. My local track being Snetterton, I looked there first and saw that they had one on today which annoyed me a bit as it would have been a perfect day for it. Although I'd missed the start I decided to give them a bell and see if there was any chance they would let me attend the afternoon sessions. The guy on the phone said as they weren't that busy he couldn't see it being a problem. So I gave my car a good look over and checked tyres, wheel nuts, fluids etc...and was on my way. I'm so glad I went on the spur of the moment, it was a perfect day- dry, with the sun shining and air still nice and cool. Although a good 45 min drive down, there was no 'decent' petrol stations on the way so arrived at the track with half a tank of petrol - Just enough for a few sessions. I went and signed on and noise tested (94dB @5krpm) and only got charged £35 for the remaining sessions...Bargain! Anyway....the Zed performed brilliantly. I had been there before (last year) but was suffering with VERY high oil temps (138DegC) and had only had the car re-tuned days before so was watching my gauges more than the track and was a bit worried about the car. This time I enjoyed it so much more. After a couple of laps I was satisfied that all was OK - the oil temps didn't go above above 110*C (after fitting a cooler) so I just enjoyed the drive. Other cars there included mx5, caterhams, lotus, clios, BMWs, Scoobys, Cayman S etc... I'm happy to say nothing passed me. Here's a few pics of me on track, and I'll sort out a video tomorrow. Vid to follow.... Edit - Vid Here is a vid of a few laps, not many exotic cars I'm afraid but they were the more interesting laps to watch as there were cars to overtake for the first couple. My most aggressive driving was probably the last lap ( about 5 mins into clip) as there were no cars in the way and I was most confident. Please excuse the couple of missed gear changes The car didn't seem to like going from 2nd to 3rd once it had hit the limiter
×
×
  • Create New...